Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Head YOUTEK IG Extreme Pro 2.0 Racquet Review (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=440665)

goherd27 09-20-2012 04:00 AM

Head YOUTEK IG Extreme Pro 2.0 Racquet Review
 
I am interested in what the playtesters overall thoughts on comfort were. After battling tennis elbow in the past, the 69 flex rating gives me pause about a demo of this racquet. On the other hand, the reviews high rating and some posting on the racquet seem to suggest that the lack of vibration make it a comfortable choice. I usually use a full gut or gut/multi hybrid set up.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

TW Staff 09-20-2012 03:09 PM

@goherd27,

The new grommet technology in the new Extremes do indeed it make softer and more comfortable feeling compared to the older ones. I personally loved the frame, and found it pretty comfortable even with a full bed of poly, although I have never had elbow problems. If you're using a full bed of gut or even a hybrid I think you'd be fine. It's definitely a great racquet and worth demoing in my opinion!

Andy, TW

A_Instead 09-21-2012 01:20 PM

Yes, You should try. Pro 2.0 is "all that"

souledge 10-03-2012 04:17 PM

+1 for the Pro 2.0

oldSchool 10-12-2012 02:04 PM

Head Youtek IG ExtremePro 2.0- a ringing endorsement
 
Take it from an obsessive tennis gearhead that has been in search of the "Holy Grail" of tennis reacquets for 30 years, this thing is in a class by itself. You will not believe the combination of power, control, feel, comfort, and plow-through but quickness of adjustment on swing. And this endorsement is coming from a guy that's switched racquets 6 times in two years. Try the frame-recommended Head Sonic Pro 17 gauge polyester at your favorite tension. I strung both of mine at 58 lbs and there is no arm pain at all, but fantastic precision from a frame this pwerful. No I don't work for Head. I was a Dunlop man for 5 years until going to the Babolat Roddick Pure Drive GT 2012 this year,and now onto this Head because it does so much more than the Roddick.

PhxRacket 05-14-2013 06:45 AM

How does it compare to the Blade 98 (black-n-gold version)?

ProRadTour 06-15-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6910914)
@goherd27,

The new grommet technology in the new Extremes do indeed it make softer and more comfortable feeling compared to the older ones. I personally loved the frame, and found it pretty comfortable even with a full bed of poly, although I have never had elbow problems. If you're using a full bed of gut or even a hybrid I think you'd be fine. It's definitely a great racquet and worth demoing in my opinion!

Andy, TW

Hi Andy, if you were to choose between the new Aero Pro Drive and the Extreme Pro 2.0 which one would it be?

Rjtennis 06-15-2013 12:14 PM

I really like the extreme pro's as well. It's a great all-around stick that is good for variety of players.

TW Staff 06-17-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProRadTour (Post 7509069)
Hi Andy, if you were to choose between the new Aero Pro Drive and the Extreme Pro 2.0 which one would it be?

Real tough call...I really like both of them. The Extreme feels a little softer and possesses better touch and feel in my opinion, but you can absolutely crush the ball and generate some great spin with the APD. Both racquets are very easy to use and very forgiving from all areas of the court. I'd probably go with the Extreme, but they are very close in my opinion and I could easily play with either.

Andy, TW

ProRadTour 06-21-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7512788)
Real tough call...I really like both of them. The Extreme feels a little softer and possesses better touch and feel in my opinion, but you can absolutely crush the ball and generate some great spin with the APD. Both racquets are very easy to use and very forgiving from all areas of the court. I'd probably go with the Extreme, but they are very close in my opinion and I could easily play with either.

Andy, TW

Thanks Andy, demoed both and preferred the Extreme Pro 2.0. I actually ended up choosing the Blade 98 in the end.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse