Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Twenty20 world Cup (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=440728)

ark_28 09-20-2012 01:26 PM

Twenty20 world Cup

Been a good event so far no upsets I support West Indies hopefully we can have a great run! South Africa are looking like they could finally end that run of never winning a major title... Maybe they can join Murray?

Who do you guys have to win?

Feņa14 09-20-2012 01:29 PM

I think Sri Lanka, with the West Indies as the dark horse.

Would be great if we can win it again as defending champions, but it being in the subcontinent makes that unlikely.

ark_28 09-20-2012 02:05 PM

I will never write England off! I think the KP saga make actually make you guys play better! Also the first few games look as though the pithces have some pace and bounce! This could help the non subcontinental teams! :-)

Feņa14 09-20-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ark_28 (Post 6910836)
I will never write England off! I think the KP saga make actually make you guys play better! Also the first few games look as though the pithces have some pace and bounce! This could help the non subcontinental teams! :-)

Well, we are number 1 in the rankings I suppose. Briggs, Swann and Patel is a strong spin lineup, we have alot of big hitters, Morgan to keep things ticking etc.. We won both warm up games against Pakistan and Australia too.

The only concern is our batting against spin, it's very poor.

ark_28 09-21-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feņa14 (Post 6910846)
Well, we are number 1 in the rankings I suppose. Briggs, Swann and Patel is a strong spin lineup, we have alot of big hitters, Morgan to keep things ticking etc.. We won both warm up games against Pakistan and Australia too.

The only concern is our batting against spin, it's very poor.

I agree! That's England's main concern I think Boparas poor form is a slight concern his medium pace should be useful in Sri Lanka! So if he's scoring runs it will make for a very balanced England team :-)

Feņa14 09-21-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ark_28 (Post 6911497)
I agree! That's England's main concern I think Boparas poor form is a slight concern his medium pace should be useful in Sri Lanka! So if he's scoring runs it will make for a very balanced England team :-)

I think the management got tired of Bopara's inconsistent performances :)

The batting line up these days for twenty20 is Kieswetter, Hales, Wright, Morgan, Bairstow, Buttler.. Lots of big hitting, and 3 wicket keepers in the top 6 :)

The bowling of Finn, Dernbach, Broad, Patel and Swann, i'm very happy with. Wright coming in and replacing Bopara has been excellent, he's a better bowler too for my money.

ark_28 09-21-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feņa14 (Post 6912055)
I think the management got tired of Bopara's inconsistent performances :)

The batting line up these days for twenty20 is Kieswetter, Hales, Wright, Morgan, Bairstow, Buttler.. Lots of big hitting, and 3 wicket keepers in the top 6 :)

The bowling of Finn, Dernbach, Broad, Patel and Swann, i'm very happy with. Wright coming in and replacing Bopara has been excellent, he's a better bowler too for my money.

I agree that batting line up looks very powerful! big test will be against spin but so far the pitches look like surprisingly they have a fair bit of bounce and carry which could help the likes of England and Australia! England looked very good yesterday great knock from Wright!

Looking forward to West Indies v Australia today :)

Feņa14 09-22-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ark_28 (Post 6913155)
I agree that batting line up looks very powerful! big test will be against spin but so far the pitches look like surprisingly they have a fair bit of bounce and carry which could help the likes of England and Australia! England looked very good yesterday great knock from Wright!

Looking forward to West Indies v Australia today :)

Yeah, it's a very young team really. Most of the line up are in their early 20's, Bairstow, Buttler and Hales are the talented batters coming through, they're 22 and 23.

Wright is one of the most experienced, he's been around forever but is only 27 :)

I'm looking forward to West Indies and Australia too, I fancy the West Indies for this one. They've been improving the last few years and looked fairly decent in England earlier this summer.

ark_28 09-23-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feņa14 (Post 6913173)
Yeah, it's a very young team really. Most of the line up are in their early 20's, Bairstow, Buttler and Hales are the talented batters coming through, they're 22 and 23.

Wright is one of the most experienced, he's been around forever but is only 27 :)

I'm looking forward to West Indies and Australia too, I fancy the West Indies for this one. They've been improving the last few years and looked fairly decent in England earlier this summer.

Pretty poor from England today was unfortunate as you rightly said they really did struggle against spin and Ashwin was rested!

India did bat really well on that form they will also be tough to beat if the wickets are turning!

Feņa14 09-23-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ark_28 (Post 6915170)
Pretty poor from England today was unfortunate as you rightly said they really did struggle against spin and Ashwin was rested!

India did bat really well on that form they will also be tough to beat if the wickets are turning!

Absolutely, Sunday league spinners could bowl us out for under 100 :)

Still, we're through which is all that matters.

ark_28 09-24-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feņa14 (Post 6915174)
Absolutely, Sunday league spinners could bowl us out for under 100 :)

Still, we're through which is all that matters.

For sure! You almost wish they had put the main game for each group first so that all matches had some meaning! I still think England can make the semis and then who knows!

My boys the West Indies have to play Ireland and win to stay alive won't be easy in T20 the Irish are dangerous and spirited but I still feel we will have a bit too much for them!

obsessedtennisfandisorder 09-24-2012 06:24 AM

NZ for the win.

I think we will win it (the kiwis)...maca and taylors in decent form...veteran of the ipl...just get the bowling sorted and we'll do ok.

surprised nobody has picked SA or Pak...

all three of our sides will have a field day with indias bowlers.

finalfantasy7 09-24-2012 09:54 AM

think so far its been really boring one sided matches, even the windies v aussie looked great but then rain came and D/L was implaced - always favours the batting team.

honestly any out of these have equall chance - aussie/pakistan/india/england.

South africa - always choke but have great fast bowling line up. Sri lanka dont have great rep against pakistan/india.

ark - dont think windies will make it out of super 8's no offense gayle is brilliant best opener, narine is looking good but hasnt played against good quality spin batsmen like india..he aint no ajmal. and sammy/edwards dont look good bowling.

hearing reports that very high chance it will rain next few days, ireland v windies - cancelled...rained off

ark_28 09-24-2012 10:29 AM

I agree it's a shame about the rain!'

OTF I don't see New Zealand winning the title but I agree Taylor and Bazza on their day are fantastic players on their day can wreak havoc on any attack I think its between them and West Indies for the 2nd semi final spot in that group as I am certain Sri Lanka will make it!

Finalfantasy7 none taken :-) I just feel on its day our batting can take any side apart our bowling is a slight concern Gayle with his arm ball could play a role with the ball too!

England have a good team but after yesterday I just don't like their chances on turning wickets!!

SA do choke but signs are against England in test series that maybe they turning the corner!

It's pretty open just ashame the weather is playing such a part!

finalfantasy7 09-26-2012 04:41 AM

^agree.
ark do you know how these super 8's became, as aussie/south africa/india/pakistan all in 1 group - all teams which came top are seeded against each other, while other group is battle of 2nd seeds.

as pakistan fan - our batting looks decent, but bowling lacks especially fast bowlers - Usually other way round. but in columbo its spin friendly - hope ajmal/hafeez/afridi come good

Cesc Fabregas 09-26-2012 09:02 AM

Think England will get to the semis and then probably lose.

Feņa14 09-26-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesc Fabregas (Post 6920303)
Think England will get to the semis and then probably lose.

I think spin bowling should be outlawed :)

finalfantasy7 09-27-2012 12:29 PM

^ lol, gotta face mendis

jaggy 09-27-2012 12:31 PM

West Indies is the funnest place on that list so I go with them. Mon.

Tammo 09-27-2012 01:24 PM

Is this Soccer, in America?