Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Barricades vs Vapors (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=440755)

SStrikerR 09-20-2012 07:25 PM

Barricades vs Vapors

Some people are known as string breakers; I think of myself as a shoe breaker. I've been using vapors the past few years. I wear out the soles, I get holes in the sides, I rip the laces..basically my shoes go through hell when I play. I slide on hard courts, I dive when a ball is just out of reach, etc. Basically, my play style is not kind to shoes. From what I gather vapors are known for poor durability, and barricades are known as the most durable. So despite me preferring Nike, I'm considering getting a pair of Barricades or two to wear instead of vapors.

What I want to know is, will it really make that big of a difference? Are they that much more durable that I won't have to keep buying new pairs? If I'm going to have to buy multitudes of shoes, I'd rather stick with the ones that I'm used to and are comfortable. But if it's gonna save me a few hundred bucks, I would definitely make the switch to barricades.

Thoughts?

Roger Wawrinka 09-20-2012 08:02 PM

I think you should give it a try, I had a pair of barricades and I really liked them. They are very durable I think. They were just a bit heavy from what I am used to, but I'm sure you could get used to them:) Another thing about the Barricades is that they come with a 6-month warranty, so if you do wear them out, you won't be spending any more money:D

As for myself, I like The new Yonex's that came out. Not as durable as the barricades but really comfortable. More comfortable than the vapors I think, but that's just my two cents:)

kimguroo 09-20-2012 08:26 PM

Sounds like you are more concerning about the durability.
in my case, vapor 6 to vapor 9 only last 6-8 weeks or about 70-80 hrs.
Barricade last about 10-12 weeks (120hrs) and Courtballistec last 11-12 weeks (120-140 hrs). Definitely you will feel that weight and height differences between vapor and barricade.
Also fit is most important thing when you choose the shoes.
I am very fortunate that I've never had problems with any brand of shoes regarding on fit of shoes but someone might be very sensitive towards specific model. If you concern about durability you should consider Courtballistec too.
Also I am looking forward to seeing new air max cage. Seems like it might be lighter than Courtballistec and heavier than vapor. Possibly the shoes might come with the warranty too. Honestly Nike voucher system is better than Adidas.

3fees 09-24-2012 06:41 AM

vapors are lighter and wear out faster, barricades are heavier and wear out slower

mlnsdj 09-24-2012 09:45 AM

You're skipping an obvious step. Courtballistec 4.3. If you like Nike, try the durable Nike shoe as well as the Barricade. Those 2 are very similar from a durability/weight/stability standpoint.

Fyrepower 09-24-2012 11:13 AM

Barricades are some of the most durable tennis shoes that i have ever used, they feel amazing and support my foot in all of the right places.

Tennisguy3000 09-24-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fyrepower (Post 6916556)
Barricades are some of the most durable tennis shoes that i have ever used, they feel amazing and support my foot in all of the right places.

/\ This ;-)

mykoh 09-24-2012 06:38 PM

+1 on the CBs. I have vapors as well as a couple of CB2.3s and they are so much more durable.

tennismastermine 09-27-2012 03:17 AM

I strongly support the barricades. I currently use the barricade II and they are amazing. I feel that I can run and slide in them and not worry about my feet being uncomfortable.

SStrikerR 09-29-2012 10:59 AM

I bought some barricades, I'll come back to this when I feel I've ruined them as much as my vapors. Hopefully it'll be a while.

Tennisguy3000 09-29-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SStrikerR (Post 6926367)
I bought some barricades, I'll come back to this when I feel I've ruined them as much as my vapors. Hopefully it'll be a while.

Play lot of tennis for the next six months as that's how long the guarantee is. I am really enjoying my new 7.0s... should last me a while ;-)