Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Full length insole inserts.. how exactly you wear 'em? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=440909)

rk_sports 09-22-2012 08:57 PM

Full length insole inserts.. how exactly you wear 'em?

I use the superfeet green ... when I tried them first, they were so slippery that my foot kept moving and made it very uncomfortable ... so I started using the insoles that come with the shoes over the superfeet insoles and this works perfect as fast the slippage is concerned...
however, this causes another issue where the shoe becomes a bit small for my feet ... esp for shoes with tongue style fitting (nike ballistic) :confused:

NE1for10is? 09-23-2012 03:48 AM

You'll probably eventually have problems with your toe joints from the pressure from the lack of space from the extra insole. I speak from experience, as I tried overlaying insoles under the superfeet once, not because of slippage, but for extra cushioning. I don't have any slippage problems whatsoever with the Superfeet. You might take a look at the type of socks you're using. Some synthetic socks get slippery when wet.

LeeD 09-23-2012 10:41 AM

Cotton socks, try tightening shoelaces.

rk_sports 09-25-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NE1for10is? (Post 6914569)
You'll probably eventually have problems with your toe joints from the pressure from the lack of space from the extra insole. I speak from experience, as I tried overlaying insoles under the superfeet once, not because of slippage, but for extra cushioning. I don't have any slippage problems whatsoever with the Superfeet. You might take a look at the type of socks you're using. Some synthetic socks get slippery when wet.

I'm actually having some discomfort/tightness in my toes (mostly 2nd) after a long session

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeD (Post 6914968)
Cotton socks, try tightening shoelaces.

I use these Nike Dri-Fit and that might explain the slippage :(

Maui19 09-25-2012 04:20 AM

Try spraying the top sides of the insoles with repositionable spray adhesive (such as 3M Spraymount). That should make them tacky enough that even poly socks won't slide.

charliefedererer 09-25-2012 07:36 AM

Are your tennis shoes too big/wide for you?

As long as your shoes are the right size, you then need to get the laces tighter.

Start pulling the laces tight near the toe of the shoe, and pull them tighter working your way up to the shoe opening.

Tie them tight and tie a double knot.

After your warmup, you will find the shoes have loosened somewhat. Retie them tighter.

After a while, they may again feel too loose.
Tie them tighter again.

rk_sports 09-25-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliefedererer (Post 6918066)
Are your tennis shoes too big/wide for you?

As long as your shoes are the right size, you then need to get the laces tighter.

Start pulling the laces tight near the toe of the shoe, and pull them tighter working your way up to the shoe opening.

Tie them tight and tie a double knot.

After your warmup, you will find the shoes have loosened somewhat. Retie them tighter.

After a while, they may again feel too loose.
Tie them tighter again.

Width is regular, but length is 1/4 size bigger as my feet are little over 9 and I use 9.5.

Hmm...sometime back my doubles partner (who's close to 5.0 and played much longer than me) suggested that I always buy a minimum of 1/2 size bigger and not tie my laces too hard as the feet be able to move/slide in case of a hard stop, otherwise my toes will get crushed if there is no room to move :confused:

LeeD 09-25-2012 12:41 PM

If you're gonna wear arch support inserts like Superfeet, don't go bigger in shoe size. The reason....just like ski boots, the arch support keep your foot CURVED with an ARCH, so your feet are SHORTER than normal, not longer.
Try this. Flatten your feet and measure it's length. Now make an arch, and remeasure.