Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   TW Staff & Racquet Reviews (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=440928)

Bowtiesarecool 09-23-2012 08:35 AM

TW Staff & Racquet Reviews

I have to admit, I kind of like watching Chris and Granville rally together in the reviews. How about we get a vid of them playing a whole set? Also, not to knock Chris or any other playtester but, does it look like Granville is sandbagging in every review, to anyone else out there?

Andyroo10567 09-23-2012 10:45 PM

Instead of playing a whole set, how bout 2 sets?!?!? Just to spice it up a little, both of them must play with their favorite junior racquet below 24"!

TW Staff 09-24-2012 01:41 PM

One idea we have kicked around.
2 out of 3 tiebreakers (keeps the viewing length shortish)
We post a poll so you guys can pick the match-ups.
We post another poll so you guys can choose from a list of racquets you'd like to see each player use.

We then have the winning match-up take place with each player using the racquet that got the most votes for them.

We film it and post the result.

Chris, TW

Lilguy1456 09-24-2012 03:30 PM

That would be INCREDIBLE. Sounds like a no brainer!

-Chris

zapvor 09-24-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6916782)
We post another poll so you guys can choose from a list of racquets you'd like to see each player use.

We then have the winning match-up take place with each player using the racquet that got the most votes for them.

Chris, TW

everyone vote chris to use the new big bubba so he loses to a chick! ;)

jorel 09-25-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 6917014)
everyone vote chris to use the new big bubba so he loses to a chick! ;)

granville's not a chick

jorel 09-25-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorel (Post 6917724)
granville's not a chick

unless he's fooled all of us or u know something that i dont

Bowtiesarecool 09-25-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Chris, TW

Sounds great. Do it to it.

zapvor 09-25-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorel (Post 6917724)
granville's not a chick

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorel (Post 6918608)
unless he's fooled all of us or u know something that i dont

well. chris never said it was strictly men vs men or women vs women. so its possible we can vote for a guy vs girl showdown

BruceG 09-26-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Chris, TW

I'd definitely vote for more doubles sets. I know singles is cool and all but doubles gives us a chance to see 4 of the playtesters at a time and I really liked the ones you did with Spencer vs Granville and Mark (I think it was) plus the recent one of you and Britt vs Siobhan and Andy.

Also, if you're doing any other matches I'd love to see someone using the PK Kinetic Pro 5G Classic. It looks like a really good doubles stick but totally overlooked.

jorel 09-26-2012 08:43 AM

iwonder if granville would ever dress like a woman

i know chris has

jorel 09-26-2012 08:47 AM

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...rned+same+time

darn it... they took down the pic

UCSF2012 09-26-2012 09:34 AM

I enjoy watching Siobhan hit the most. A tiny girl ripping all sorts of shots into the corners.

Dags 09-26-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Chris, TW

How many playtesters do you have? If you can muster 8 or 16, how about a tournament draw (no seedings - we wouldn't want any match fixing!), and for each match we get to choose racquets. You could do the same with doubles too, and at the end crown our champion TW playtesters!

BruceG 09-26-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dags (Post 6920809)
How many playtesters do you have? If you can muster 8 or 16, how about a tournament draw (no seedings - we wouldn't want any match fixing!), and for each match we get to choose racquets. You could do the same with doubles too, and at the end crown our champion TW playtesters!

Good idea. There's 15 playtesters listed on the review page and if you could rope in one more person you could play a 'surprise doubles' tournament. That's just where you start with one 'high' and one 'low' court; winners move up to a higher court, losers move down to the lower court; players switch partners after each set. Because you have to play with everyone it doesn't necessarily favor any one person over the other. Depending on how many extras you rope in, you can have either one overall winner, a male and female winner and/or winners at the different levels (open, 4.5, etc).

Using that format you'd get to see everyone playing with everyone else.

coolblue123 09-27-2012 04:28 AM

Fav is still Brittney. Her killer DTL BH is lethal.

zapvor 09-27-2012 09:35 PM

pshh. the fist pump is where its at!

zapvor 09-27-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorel (Post 6920260)
iwonder if granville would ever dress like a woman

i know chris has

you are really fixated on granville ;)

jorel 09-28-2012 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 6923644)
you are really fixated on granville ;)

shhhhhhhh..chris might get jealous

MAXXply 09-28-2012 07:30 AM

Granville these days is looking more and more like a (handsome) Baldwin brother. Has Gran lost weight?

I'd like to see Mark play Jason and Troy vs Chris. If we TT members could choose our TW opponents, I think I could go toe to toe with my tennis soul-brother Spencer. Also the former staffer Kana.