Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Whatever happened to those recent Adidas rackets? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441058)

brinkeguthrie 09-24-2012 03:40 PM

Whatever happened to those recent Adidas rackets?

Never ever saw one, not once. Woulda liked to try one.

Vcore89 09-24-2012 04:17 PM

Looks like there is a new Adidas racquet but probably they are just retesting the waters again to see if it can be viable at this current market situation. Guess, we'll just have to keep our eyes open and snap some photos whenever we see one from now on.:wink:

Seth 09-24-2012 05:11 PM

I'd love to see them bring back the trefoil logo on their strings.

Lefty78 09-24-2012 05:56 PM

Whatever happened to those recent Adidas rackets?

No one bought them.

zapvor 09-24-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brinkeguthrie (Post 6916852)
Never ever saw one, not once. Woulda liked to try one.

you mean the ones from few years ago? complete flop

SFrazeur 09-24-2012 06:38 PM

They were released in USA in early 2009. Probably Jan-Feb.

Squidward 09-25-2012 01:32 AM

Played with the Barricade and Response for awhile. They weren't terrible,just never caught on. Most likely because there wasn't a big name player attached to them.

I modified and sold the Response to a guy I play doubles with everyweek. He raves about 'm and is quite happy.

The barricades I sold on the bay. Rather quickly too...

gavna 09-25-2012 04:12 AM

Total failure......they weren't bad....they weren't great.....meh. Still see a few around - ended up in the bargain bins within 18 months in most shops. If I remember right TW, TE, Midwst...etc had them all on discount pretty fast.

classic tennis 09-26-2012 02:32 AM

They were manufactured by a third party, (not Adidas) called tennis planet in holland and marketed by them, if the old Adidas tennis team did it properly they may have worked, again you need something different, not just cookie cutter made in China frames.

hcb0804 09-26-2012 11:23 AM

Wife has a Feather, she loves it. It's her favorite over a Wilson Coral Reef and a Prince O3. Granted she's a 3.0 without great strokes, but she just likes the Feather best. I tried the "players" frames and hated them.

Babolast 09-26-2012 11:59 AM

They bombed hard, that's what happened.

Lefty5 09-26-2012 12:56 PM

I think Babalot sued them since the 3 adidas stripes looked like 2 stripes (negative image) on the paintjob, not sure if my description makes sense. I think Prince also sued them because of the name Response. I can't remember the source of where I heard that.... I have no idea the outcome of those lawsuits but I'm guessing Adidas decided it wasn't worth it.

classic tennis 09-27-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty5 (Post 6920734)
I think Babalot sued them since the 3 adidas stripes looked like 2 stripes (negative image) on the paintjob, not sure if my description makes sense. I think Prince also sued them because of the name Response. I can't remember the source of where I heard that.... I have no idea the outcome of those lawsuits but I'm guessing Adidas decided it wasn't worth it.

Adidas did not produce these racquets they were made under licence by Tennis Planet in Holland.

You Can't Be Serious 09-27-2012 07:59 PM

I heard Adidas or company that was making the rackets for Adidas stopped production when they failed to sign a big name player.
They tried to sign some of their players with a clothing contract but had no luck. The racket industry is a tough market to break into.

classic tennis 09-28-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by You Can't Be Serious (Post 6923442)
I heard Adidas or company that was making the rackets for Adidas stopped production when they failed to sign a big name player.
They tried to sign some of their players with a clothing contract but had no luck. The racket industry is a tough market to break into.

Really.....?

That must be why Kennex sell no product. :|

dje31 09-28-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by You Can't Be Serious (Post 6923442)

They had a pro woman who was seen testing them...Ivanovic maybe? It helped that she was already wearing their clothes and shoes, if memory serves.

You Can't Be Serious 09-28-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classic tennis (Post 6923763)
Really.....?

That must be why Kennex sell no product. :|

They wanted a big name player or nothing. Why else did they stop making rackets. Informed by someone from Adidas. And what else does it tell us to give up after one year ?

You Can't Be Serious 09-28-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dje31 (Post 6923989)
They had a pro woman who was seen testing them...Ivanovic maybe? It helped that she was already wearing their clothes and shoes, if memory serves.

They had several players testing it but none of them took the deal and you know Adidas was going to throw good money at them. It takes time to develop a good frame.

classic tennis 09-29-2012 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by You Can't Be Serious (Post 6924312)
They wanted a big name player or nothing. Why else did they stop making rackets. Informed by someone from Adidas. And what else does it tell us to give up after one year ?

Again....ADIDAS did not make these frames Tennis Planet in Holland made them under licence, and really do you think that If Sven, Killer and the boy's wanted their guy's (juniors and fringe players) using them they would have problems?
There is so much ill informed wrong info on this site it's makes me laugh ....a lot.