Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   using adidas barricade 7.0 CLAY on HARD court? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441139)

mrdeds 09-25-2012 12:30 PM

using adidas barricade 7.0 CLAY on HARD court?

Hi, I just made a mistake, I bought a pair of adidas barricade 7.0 but they are for CLAY and cant return them to the store to get a different pair. The thing is that I don't play on clay I play on hard courts. Will the durability decrease? will they mark the ground while I'm playing? I want to use them :(

sports4eva115 09-25-2012 01:39 PM

hard court will absolutely kill clay court shoes. plus you'll probably end up sliding around all over. Best bet would probably to sell it or see if anyone wants an exchange

tennisjon 09-27-2012 09:55 AM

I am not a shoe expert, but I think the clay court versions have different treads that allow the clay to slide and grip differently than a hard court sneaker. I don't think, however, that there is a difference in the actual rubber itself, just a pattern difference. If that is the case, the durability should be somewhat similar on a hard court and won't mark the courts. Barricades are usually extremely durable and most sneakers aren't marketed as being surface exclusive (except for grass court sneakers). I have heard on another thread that the clay versions were a little stiffer feeling, but I can not attest to it.

NJ1 09-27-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisjon (Post 6922444)
I am not a shoe expert, but I think the clay court versions have different treads that allow the clay to slide and grip differently than a hard court sneaker. I don't think, however, that there is a difference in the actual rubber itself, just a pattern difference. If that is the case, the durability should be somewhat similar on a hard court and won't mark the courts. Barricades are usually extremely durable and most sneakers aren't marketed as being surface exclusive (except for grass court sneakers). I have heard on another thread that the clay versions were a little stiffer feeling, but I can not attest to it.

This is incorrect. The rubber is softer and, most importantly, the grooves are far thinner so a clay sole on HC will wear bald in no time. This is why the Clay B7s do not come with a 6 mos warranty, as all one would have to do it play for 5 mos on clay then wear them on HC for a few sessions and get a free pair.

hcb0804 09-27-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisjon (Post 6922444)

This is not true. The rubber compounds used on clay court soles is not the same compound used on hard court soles. The clay court soles will shred like cheese on a grater on a hard court.
I am a shoe expert; and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

monkey-ranch 09-27-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcb0804 (Post 6922716)
I am a shoe expert; and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

Lol! I ate a bacon pizza today! And yes, the clay outsole will be raped by a hardcourt.