Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   References (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Person using somebody else's pics to 'sell' items (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441157)

Bilders 09-25-2012 04:24 PM

Person using somebody else's pics to 'sell' items

A question for you all,

If a person offers you several shirts, and a few days later they send you pics that you know belong to another person who you know in previous dealings - is this considered an attempt at a scam?

If so then I have somebody to report.

zapvor 09-25-2012 05:25 PM

um yes!!!!!!!!!

Fearsome Forehand 09-25-2012 05:29 PM

If the seller doesn't say these are pics of the same shirt that I found on the internet that are representative, it is a bit shady.

Not necessarily a scam. He could just be too lazy to take his own pics. Certainly worth asking about before you purchase.

Watermarks help discourage that practice.

Edit: Sure seems like he was trying to scam the OP. At best, he misrepresented what he actually had.

Bilders 09-25-2012 08:49 PM

He sent me 15 different photos of shirts that he claimed to have just received in the post. EVERY photo belongs to a friend of mine. I also confirmed this with my friend who confirmed that these photos are from his own collection of tennis shirt pics. The ironic thing is I actually already own one of the exact shirts in the photo.

Bilders 09-25-2012 10:32 PM

TT User: Born to play
Email: rezaei.esfandiar6@gmail.com

He has admitted his mistake but everyone should still beware this person. If I didn't know he was using my friend's pic he was going to take me for a ride.

Fearsome Forehand 09-25-2012 11:44 PM

Please clarify.

Did you conclude he was setting you up for a scam or do you think he has those shirts but was using your friend's pictures as representative?

I assume he is a kid. Total *********. :)

Also if anyone does a search for born to play it will come up that the search terms are too short/ no result. A flaw in the search system?

Bilders 09-26-2012 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand (Post 6919644)
Please clarify.

Did you conclude he was setting you up for a scam or do you think he has those shirts but was using your friend's pictures as representative?

I assume he is a kid. Total *********. :)

Also if anyone does a search for born to play it will come up that the search terms are too short/ no result. A flaw in the search system?

He admitted that he never intended to sell any shirts to me. It was his leverage to try and get me to sell some shoes to him which I refused on several occasions. And then following the admission, he tried to tell me that the person who owns the photos (friend of mine) is going to sell the shirts to him but at a higher price. He clearly doesn't mind beating a dead horse.

I know for a fact that most of the shirts in the pics have already been sold before. And I own one of them myself. This is also highly disrespectful to my friend who has been brought into it once 'Born to play' mentioned that my friend would sell the shirts to him after all.

You can find the users profile if a user search is done. Email proof can be provided if there is a dispute. I dodged a serious bullet here.

ductrung3993 10-03-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilders (Post 6919547)
TT User: Born to play
Email: rezaei.esfandiar6@gmail.com

He has admitted his mistake but everyone should still beware this person. If I didn't know he was using my friend's pic he was going to take me for a ride.

This explains a lot :p

Bilders 10-05-2012 04:12 AM

Have you had issues with him before? :?