Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Prince 6000 Troubleshoot (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441172)

ednegroni 09-25-2012 05:45 PM

Prince 6000 Troubleshoot

That's the machine I use to string and a few days ago it started failing the last step when running the diagnostics test labeled as "Load Cell Cable". The machine just beeps indefinitely and doesn't allow the user to string. Has anyone had this happen to them?

The "expert" at Prince told me I have to call another number, that they'll guide me through the machine's calibration. I'm doing that tomorrow when I don't have tens of kids around and I can hear the guy on the phone while working on the machine simultaneously.

drakulie 09-25-2012 06:13 PM

we had the same problem with the 5000 at our shop. Had to call JC at tennis machines to walk us thru the fix. However, in the end, we had to send it to him for repairs. It came back fine.

ednegroni 09-25-2012 06:20 PM

That's what I'm guessing we're going to have to do. We had a UPS battery/surge protector where I used to plug the 6000 but they moved it to use it for the cash register, and while I can't be 100% sure, I'm guessing the voltage fluctuation might have done the damage.

When you send it for repairs, how long did it take you to get it back?

drakulie 09-25-2012 06:39 PM

^^about two weeks from the time we sent it, to the time we got it back.

schap02 09-27-2012 04:02 AM

I have a 6000 and after a major storm and power outage I had some issues with the unit...All diagnostics would load up, I would mount frame set tension and start to string, on every other "pull" I'd pull the string through and tap the lever to start tension - nothing would happen, try again, nothing, try again it would work...

I ended up replacing my surge protector and never had another issue....

Hope you get it worked out....

Irvin 09-27-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schap02 (Post 6921804)
I have a 6000 and after a major storm and power outage I had some issues with the unit...All diagnostics would load up, I would mount frame set tension and start to string, on every other "pull" I'd pull the string through and tap the lever to start tension - nothing would happen, try again, nothing, try again it would work...

I ended up replacing my surge protector and never had another issue....

Hope you get it worked out....

Surge protectors are cheap insurance for computers, TVs, and other expensive electrical devices. You are lucky you had one and everyone should.

ednegroni 09-27-2012 12:45 PM

I have all my electronics with either surge protection/voltage regulators or UPS batteries, but the shop/6000 owner didn't really care to buy one extra and thus here we are.

I still haven't solved the issue, they gave me the Prince Machines Incorporated number (1-800-572-1055) and it's busy every time I've called.

ednegroni 09-27-2012 05:46 PM

Update:

Got in touch with Jim Henry at Tennis Machines, Inc. and he helped me "reprogram" the machine again with just 2 easy steps. Hope it lasts a while.

schap02 09-28-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ednegroni (Post 6923287)
Update:

Got in touch with Jim Henry at Tennis Machines, Inc. and he helped me "reprogram" the machine again with just 2 easy steps. Hope it lasts a while.

GREAT NEWS

schap02 09-28-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ednegroni (Post 6922816)
I have all my electronics with either surge protection/voltage regulators or UPS batteries, but the shop/6000 owner didn't really care to buy one extra and thus here we are.

I still haven't solved the issue, they gave me the Prince Machines Incorporated number (1-800-572-1055) and it's busy every time I've called.

Yes- I used to have a back-up to my previous machine so I could still string (in daylight) when the power goes out, My street always seems to lose it first so the surge protectors have saved me tens of thousands in potential lost electronics over the years