Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Tennis training for 7-year old & Parents (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441198)

AndyChao 09-25-2012 09:36 PM

Tennis training for 7-year old & Parents

Hi all,

I'm looking for some ideas for vacations for my 7-year old daughter and me and my wife. My daughter loves tennis, so I would love to take her to a place where we could go on vacation while working on her tennis game as well. My wife also plays, as do I, though I/we could play golf as well.

Has anyone been to any great places to help 7-year old's develop their tennis games? (We live in SoCal, so a place near would be easier, but are open to traveling further if there are any great programs any where.)

Thanks for any suggestions ...

scrappy 09-30-2012 06:33 AM

lots of great choices for this type of vacation. if you haven't already, i suggest checking out tennisresortsonline.com. not only does the site provide reviews of various tennis resorts and camps, but there are sections describing the programs for kids also.

AndyChao 10-14-2012 04:58 PM

Thanks Scrappy. I'm finding a lot of info for adults, but not too much for kids ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappy (Post 6927481)
lots of great choices for this type of vacation. if you haven't already, i suggest checking out tennisresortsonline.com. not only does the site provide reviews of various tennis resorts and camps, but there are sections describing the programs for kids also.

LuckyR 10-16-2012 11:21 AM

So are you looking for a place that trains 7 year olds? Good luck with that. Either you can go wherever you want and find a random open court to hit balls with her, or find a place that has glorified tennis babysitting for kids so you can do something else.

scrappy 10-20-2012 07:45 AM

while there is definitely more info on the programs for adults, i found plenty of info on the programs for kids by using the search function at tennisresortsonline.com and by reviewing the "categories" section. then, when you read through the pages on specific resorts and camps, if there is a meaningful junior program, there will be summary of it. this will at least give enough information to know which resorts or camps you want to call to get more details about what will be available during your vacation dates.

scrappy 10-20-2012 07:51 AM

btw, for a 7 yr old, i would definitely call the place ahead of time to get a sense of who they expect to be there at the same time as you. a place with a great junior program may have lots of kids there at the same time as you, but maybe no one close in age to your 7 yo, so that could be a lot less fun for your daughter. this may be less of an issue during the summer vacation period, but other school breaks can be hit or miss.