Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   TF 6000, Star 5, Baiardo, or Sensor?? And some tips. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441349)

Roger Wawrinka 09-27-2012 02:13 PM

TF 6000, Star 5, Baiardo, or Sensor?? And some tips.

Hey guys, I am looking into buying one of these stringing machines and I was wondering which one you think is the best? I know these are all very great machines, but I am looking for some feedback on each of these.

Also, right now I am stringing on a prince neos 1500, so I am some what new to constant pull machines, and I was wondering if you guys had some tips about anything there is about constant pulls.

Thanks, R.W

ednegroni 09-27-2012 02:27 PM

I've been using a 6000 for a year and a half now and I don't really find any faults with it. My only argument would be that the string gets caught in certain edges/knobs when I'm feeling lazy and pull too fast. Other than that, it's a simple machine to use.

drakulie 09-27-2012 07:17 PM

buy a wise tension head to add to your neos 1500. You already own a great machine.

Roger Wawrinka 09-27-2012 07:45 PM

^ You think so Drak? I was just looking to get something more efficient, but I will take any advice from a pro stringer like yourself. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get so many machines drak? From what I know you have 2 Baiardo's and a star 4. Wow:shock: it must be great to have a collection like that:) Could I also ask what your first couple machines were?

Also, Is the wise tension head loud when tensioning? One thing I don't like is that you lose the 360 turntable.

drakulie 09-27-2012 08:02 PM

I've owned several machines, including a silent partner and Neos. That star 3 I purchased when I updgraded from the neos, and the two baiardos I purchased because of all the tournament stringing plus a Babolat RDC.

wise is a great tool, fairly quiet, and consistent. Not sure if you lose the 360 with the wise on the 1500, so you would need to ask someone who owns this set up. That said, it doesn't make THAT much of a difference losing the 360 rotation.

monkey-ranch 09-27-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Wawrinka (Post 6922865)
Hey guys, I am looking into buying one of these stringing machines and I was wondering which one you think is the best? I know these are all very great machines, but I am looking for some feedback on each of these.

Also, right now I am stringing on a prince neos 1500, so I am some what new to constant pull machines, and I was wondering if you guys had some tips about anything there is about constant pulls.

Thanks, R.W

You must have a few bucks to spend huh? Good machines by the way. Like drak said, you have a pretty good machine already, the wise tension head is a very inexpensive upgrade (compared to the price of the machines you mentioned), also keep in mind the amount of frames you will string. If you are a home/small club stringer, keep your machine, If you are stringing a lot, like in a busy shop, steady club clients and tournaments, then go ahead and grab the big guns, those are workhorses.
I own a Gamma 8800, I got it used a few years ago and works really good. I can say Gamma makes very reliable, quality machines.
Thats just my opinion, hope you have fun!

monkey-ranch 09-27-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Wawrinka (Post 6923412)
^ You think so Drak? I was just looking to get something more efficient, but I will take any advice from a pro stringer like yourself. If you don't mind me asking, how did you get so many machines drak? From what I know you have 2 Baiardo's and a star 4. Wow:shock: it must be great to have a collection like that:) Could I also ask what your first couple machines were?

Also, Is the wise tension head loud when tensioning? One thing I don't like is that you lose the 360 turntable.

Drakulie is just one more machine away from sleeping in the dog house! Im having the same situation but with my guitars, one more and my wife will kick me out of the house!

Roger Wawrinka 09-27-2012 09:42 PM

^^Haha that's a good one:D

Yes, I string from my home. I string about 4 to 8 racquets a day. Most of my clients are tournament players so I just wanted an upgrade/better machine so to speak. It's not that I have money to blow, I've just been saving up for something like this :)

PBODY99 09-27-2012 09:59 PM

Get the WISE, it will give you the most bang for the buck.

A Defenseless Creature 09-28-2012 10:14 AM

The TF 6000 would be my choice. It has the best tensioning system of all machines listed. If ergonomics is an issue, then the Baiardo is the way to go. Great machine, especially for those with back and neck issues.

TW Staff 09-28-2012 10:43 AM

No buying or selling outside Classifieds. Posts have been removed. Please note that this continued attempts to buy/sell outside of the For Sale forum can lead to a ban.

Thank you,
Tiffani, TW

Roger Wawrinka 09-28-2012 12:33 PM

^I am sorry it will not happen again.

Thank you, R.W

monkey-ranch 09-28-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6924419)
No buying or selling outside Classifieds. Posts have been removed. Please note that this continued attempts to buy/sell outside of the For Sale forum can lead to a ban.

Thank you,
Tiffani, TW

???? I dont see any comment regarding a sale or a trade here, we are just exchanging ideas. No need to be the TW police here.

seekay 09-28-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey-ranch (Post 6924771)
???? I dont see any comment regarding a sale or a trade here, we are just exchanging ideas. No need to be the TW police here.

I'm assuming those were the posts they removed.

mad dog1 09-28-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6924419)

Thank you,
Tiffani, TW

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey-ranch (Post 6924771)

as tiffani said, the offending posts were removed.

Roger Wawrinka 09-29-2012 11:19 AM

^^^^^ Hey Drak, another quick question. You said that the star 5 is known for snapping thin poly, how often does it do this? I mean if someone were to string a lot of thin poly's, would you tell them to look at a different machine?

R.W

schap02 09-29-2012 06:41 PM

RW -
All are nice machines in their own right, I agree with Drak about adding Wise because your current machine is terrific but I also understand upgrading to a more professional machine for ease and long term durability.

I think the answer comes down to how many racquets you actually string per year....If you only do a few hundred then I think the wise is a perfect choice....my decision was 500 frames, 500 frames a year and I needed to upgrade....so I was right around there last year and couldn't pass up the deal I got on my 6000, just too good to be true....
The wise lasted me years with absolutely no issues....

just my two cents...

Roger Wawrinka 09-29-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schap02 (Post 6926851)
RW -
All are nice machines in their own right, I agree with Drak about adding Wise because your current machine is terrific but I also understand upgrading to a more professional machine for ease and long term durability.

I think the answer comes down to how many racquets you actually string per year....If you only do a few hundred then I think the wise is a perfect choice....my decision was 500 frames, 500 frames a year and I needed to upgrade....so I was right around there last year and couldn't pass up the deal I got on my 6000, just too good to be true....
The wise lasted me years with absolutely no issues....

just my two cents...

Yeah, I'm kind of in your boat. Thanks for the info, I'm still undecided though.:?

Litespeeds 10-01-2012 01:28 PM

I use to own a Gamma 6500 stringer and never had any issues with snapping poly, even the infamous SPPP 1.18 strings. When I switched to a Babolat Star 5, I snapped it doing the mains. Tried again and after the racquet was fully strung and removed off the stringer, the string snapped while sitting around after 5 minutes. I was shocked and never used SPPP again.

Never snapped Kirschbaum Proline 2, MSV Focus Hex, MSV Co-Focus or Solinco strings on the Star 5.

Rabbit 10-01-2012 03:03 PM

I'm really happy with my Wise. It was well worth the money and does a great job.

One thing, don't buy the foot pedal, it's really not necessary since they put a button on the clampers.