Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Annoying banner ads (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441453)

SystemicAnomaly 09-28-2012 12:36 PM

Annoying banner ads
 
Recently, I've been plagued with an annoying banner ad near the top of these forum pages. They cover that Talk Tennis path links and I cannot seem to be able tIo close them to get access to the links. I am using Google Chrome (and have not used any other browsers to see if the problem appears there as well).

Beto 04 09-28-2012 12:46 PM

get Adblock plus in the chrome web store

SystemicAnomaly 09-28-2012 12:55 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm thinking that this is something that TW should probably address.

NJ1 09-28-2012 01:03 PM

I do not have any banner ads causing me problems on this site. Using Safari/Firefox.

TW Staff 09-28-2012 01:17 PM

I also use Google Chrome but do not have this issue. Which version are you using? I will forward this onto our tech guys.

Thank you,
Tiffani

mikeler 09-28-2012 01:25 PM

I used Chrome and Safari today and see no banner ads. My bet is that you have SpyWare on your computer.

SystemicAnomaly 09-28-2012 01:31 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys/

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6924894)
I also use Google Chrome but do not have this issue. Which version are you using? I will forward this onto our tech guys.

Thank you,
Tiffani

Using Version 22.0.1229.79 m

woodrow1029 09-28-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SystemicAnomaly (Post 6924831)
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm thinking that this is something that TW should probably address.

Sounds like some sort of spyware/adware maybe? I haven't had a problem so far. I use Chrome on one computer, and FF on another.

TW Staff 09-28-2012 02:45 PM

We don't have any banner ads installed, so like the others said, it might be spyware or possibly DNS server adding them in.

Tiffani

diredesire 10-01-2012 11:39 AM

Malware Bytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is one of the best routes to address this issue, FWIW :)

Edit: I'd also check out your extensions/add ons, too.

bad_call 10-02-2012 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diredesire (Post 6929651)
Malware Bytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is one of the best routes to address this issue, FWIW :)

Edit: I'd also check out your extensions/add ons, too.

be careful what sites u visit... ;)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse