Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Babolat Play & Connect racquet (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441461)

davo81 09-28-2012 01:14 PM

Babolat Play & Connect racquet

Hi everybody,

Does anybody have further information on the Babolat Play & Connect racquet that is due to be released in 2013? Initially I wasn't sure whether it would be a new separate racquet or whether it would become part of an existing racquet family - but when I saw that it says "AeroPro Drive" on the Play & Connect software screenshots that Babolat made available I started to realize that "the new Play & Connect racquet" and "the new AeroPro Drive" may in fact be one and the same racquet. Does anybody here have information that would confirm, or disprove, this hypothesis?

Best wishes,

Dave

Bartelby 09-28-2012 04:01 PM

My guess is that part of the reason for changing the shaft to what they call a monocoque (one not two chambers) and the cortex was to make room for the device.

So I think it will work from the pure drives onwards when it's released sometime next year.

davo81 09-29-2012 08:26 AM

Hi,

Do I understand you correctly in that you're saying that the PD mold is now P&C ready, rather than the APC mold?

The thing is that a new APC will come out in 2013... that's where I started wondering.

Best wishes,

Dave

T.P3D0R 09-29-2012 09:07 AM

What exactly is the purpose of play and collect? Sure, it collects some hitting data so that you can "analyze" your playing and improve upon it. However, does it just store data for location on the string bed you hit the ball and racket swing speed? Does it do anything else? If not, then how could this actually improve your game.

Maybe for a player to improve they need to stop shanking the ball so much. A computer isn't necessary for this observation though.

davo81 10-23-2012 06:13 PM

Update: I've just heard from the Babolat sales rep who covers the area where I live. The Play & Connect racquet will most likely come out in August 2013, and at the beginning there will be only a single Play & Connect racquet, most likely in the PD family.

Bartelby 10-23-2012 06:35 PM

Strange - its pretty useless if it only comes with one racquet.

Larrysümmers 10-23-2012 06:53 PM

another marketing ploy

Bartelby 10-23-2012 07:07 PM

A $300 Pure Drive, undoubtedly.

davo81 10-24-2012 04:12 AM

Well I'd be willing to pay an extra $110 to get the first commercially available racquet that has sensors built in. Seems like a reasonable surcharge to me. But I'll wait and see which additional information will become available by then... I was kinda hoping that it would be released in early 2013... buying a tennis racquet in August when there are only two months left in the season is a bit strange.

hersito 10-24-2012 05:12 PM

I think they are realising it later this year or the beginning of the next because they have a play and connect giveaway on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/BabolatPlayAndConnect

luismi 10-25-2012 09:05 AM

Hi good afternoon, said Paul brainer according babolat reaponsable of Argentina in October it would start to be traded but I think q is that q was referring to the game's on facebook. On November 12 Exits the second track of the game to be chosen to test the babolat play and connect. Q I sincerely hope it goes on sale at the latest in January 2013 or even just up the device In the new aeroprodrive. If anyone knows anything of its ticket sales please communicate it. Thanks seguire attentive to post

hersito 10-25-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luismi (Post 6974432)
Hi good afternoon, said Paul brainer according babolat reaponsable of Argentina in October it would start to be traded but I think q is that q was referring to the game's on facebook. On November 12 Exits the second track of the game to be chosen to test the babolat play and connect. Q I sincerely hope it goes on sale at the latest in January 2013 or even just up the device In the new aeroprodrive. If anyone knows anything of its ticket sales please communicate it. Thanks seguire attentive to post

Luismi, no se entiende mucho lo que pusiste, se nota que usaste google o algun traductor, si queres ponelo en castellano y te lo tradusco. saludos.

Just offering to translate what he is trying to say for him to english.

sureshs 10-25-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.P3D0R (Post 6926196)
What exactly is the purpose of play and collect? Sure, it collects some hitting data so that you can "analyze" your playing and improve upon it. However, does it just store data for location on the string bed you hit the ball and racket swing speed? Does it do anything else? If not, then how could this actually improve your game.

Maybe for a player to improve they need to stop shanking the ball so much. A computer isn't necessary for this observation though.

It can also detect spin and the type of spin.

What more do you want? If you know where on the strings, how fast, and how spinny you are hitting the ball over the period of a match, isn't it good feedback?

I would like to know if it can distinguish serves from groundies. Anybody have info on that?

luismi 10-25-2012 11:56 AM

Gracias hersito jejeje es q no ***** ni idea de ingles y utilizo eso. Soy de españa, lo q comentaba era q lei en una entrevista q el responsable de babolat en argentina habia dicho iban a comercializar la babolat play and connect en octubre pero estoy seguro q se referia al juego del facebook. Respecto al juego el dia 12 noviembre dan otra pista para elegir un ganador q pruebe la raqueta. Hay muchas conjeturas q si la tecnologia ira la aplicaran en la aeroprodrive nueva. Yo espero q la saquen a la venta en enero por q se me rompio mi aeroprodrive hace un mes y estoy esperando por ella. Un saludo

hersito 10-25-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luismi (Post 6974831)
Gracias hersito jejeje es q no ***** ni idea de ingles y utilizo eso. Soy de españa, lo q comentaba era q lei en una entrevista q el responsable de babolat en argentina habia dicho iban a comercializar la babolat play and connect en octubre pero estoy seguro q se referia al juego del facebook. Respecto al juego el dia 12 noviembre dan otra pista para elegir un ganador q pruebe la raqueta. Hay muchas conjeturas q si la tecnologia ira la aplicaran en la aeroprodrive nueva. Yo espero q la saquen a la venta en enero por q se me rompio mi aeroprodrive hace un mes y estoy esperando por ella. Un saludo

Ahi lo traduzco, saludo!
Basically he is from spain and he read in an interview with Babolat CEO of argentina that there were going to be news about the stick in octouber, and they released the game to try it in octouber. The 12th of november they are picking the winner to try the racket. There are a lot of gossip that they might make the new APD with P&C technology. He is waiting for the stick to come around january because he broke his APD and is waiting to buy a new oen becasue he wants it with the C&P.

luismi 10-26-2012 02:25 AM

Subido en SubeImagenes.com

luismi 10-26-2012 06:52 AM

El 11 de diciembre finalizara el concurso para elegir quien probara la babolat play and connect, del 12 de noviembre al 11 de diciembre haran preguntas a los fans de babolat y se puntuara rapidez y precision. La pregunta es: el concurso acaba el 11 de diciembre y supuestamente la babolat aeroprodrive nueva sale a la venta el 12 diciembre, casualidad o no? Un saludo

luismi 10-27-2012 11:27 AM

Hoy me confirmaron desde tennis warehouse que para diciembre no esta previsto su lanzamiento pero q siga visitando la pagina a menudo. Deduzco q en enero podria salir a la venta. un saludo

anhuynh16 10-27-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luismi (Post 6978139)
Hoy me confirmaron desde tennis warehouse que para diciembre no esta previsto su lanzamiento pero q siga visitando la pagina a menudo. Deduzco q en enero podria salir a la venta. un saludo

English?

puede utilizar el traductor de google.

luismi 10-27-2012 01:07 PM

oday I confirmed from Tennis Warehouse for December is not scheduled for release but q continue to visit the site often. Q gather in January could go on sale. a greeting