Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Double/triple bagels in the past decade? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441515)

Zarfot Z 09-29-2012 04:43 AM

Double/triple bagels in the past decade?
 
Know of any highlight reels to double/triple bagels in recent tennis memory? Post em here.

I'll get things started.

S Williams def A Hlavackova 6-0 6-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc15iCFDP00

R Vinci def A Ivanovic 6-0 6-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg0ypUen2vM

R Federer def G Gaudio 6-0 6-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwreJJgeYIg

R Nadal def J Monaco 6-2 6-0 6-0 - not really a triple bagel, but Monaco received a severe thrubbing nonetheless
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlO5-vGTdss

The Bawss 09-29-2012 05:12 AM

If we're doing nearly's: Federer giving Ramos triple breadsticks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5mopa7N8u8

Also, Murray triple-bagelled the Luxembourger Laurent Bram last year in the DC (proves how much of a joke that tournament the DC is).

Zarfot Z 09-29-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 6925878)
If we're doing nearly's: Federer giving Ramos triple breadsticks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5mopa7N8u8

Also, Murray triple-bagelled the Luxembourger Laurent Bram last year in the DC (proves how much of a joke that tournament the DC is).

Too bad there's no Youtube link :(

fed_rulz 09-29-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarfot Z (Post 6925850)
Know of any highlight reels to double/triple bagels in recent tennis memory? Post em here.

I'll get things started.

S Williams def A Hlavackova 6-0 6-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc15iCFDP00

R Vinci def A Ivanovic 6-0 6-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg0ypUen2vM

R Federer def G Gaudio 6-0 6-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwreJJgeYIg

R Nadal def J Monaco 6-2 6-0 6-0 - not really a triple bagel, but Monaco received a severe thrubbing nonetheless
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlO5-vGTdss

Federer Delpo AO 2009: 6-3 6-0 6-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcfqC_DqQyE

Hood_Man 09-29-2012 10:04 AM

Djokovic beat Carlos Berlocq 6-0, 6-0, 6-2 at last year's US Open.

B A Y 09-29-2012 10:21 AM

Its a bit older than a decade but I play league with a guy who is a flippen tough player and he lost to a chap in 87' called Barry Moir 0 & 0 in a local tournament ... Moir went on that year to the US open and lost to Lendl 0&0&0 in the first round! Makes me scared to think how good Lendl was!

see link below to US open draw in 87'




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_US...en%27s_Singles

Mustard 09-29-2012 10:37 AM

None of the following were within the last decade, apart from Murray vs. Bram, but these are the triple bagels I know of:

Triple bagel matches:

1968 French Open R128: Nikola Spear def. Daniel Contet (6-0, 6-0, 6-0)
1987 French Open R64: Karel Novacek def. Eduardo Bengoechea (6-0, 6-0, 6-0)
1987 Wimbledon R128: Stefan Edberg def. Stefan Eriksson (6-0, 6-0, 6-0)
1987 US Open R128: Ivan Lendl def. Barry Moir (6-0, 6-0, 6-0)
1993 French Open R64: Sergi Bruguera def. Thierry Champion (6-0, 6-0, 6-0)
2011 Davis Cup: Andy Murray def. Laurent Bram (6-0, 6-0, 6-0)


There are 2 occasions that I know of, of somebody being double bagelled yet still winning the match, which were in the 1935 US Pro final on the clay-courts of the Terrace Club in New York City, and in the first round of the 1969 French Open at Roland Garros.

1935 US Pro F: Bill Tilden def. Karel Kozeluh (0-6, 6-1, 6-4, 0-6, 6-4)
1969 French Open R128: Stanley Matthews def. Ilie Nastase (6-3, 0-6, 0-6, 6-4, 8-6)

underground 09-29-2012 10:41 AM

Federer def. Hewitt 6-0 7-6 6-0

Didn't Ivanovic got double bagelled as well this year?

Mustard 09-29-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hood_Man (Post 6926282)
Djokovic beat Carlos Berlocq 6-0, 6-0, 6-2 at last year's US Open.

Djokovic also beat Paolo Lorenzi 6-2, 6-0, 6-0 at the 2012 Australian Open, not to mention the 6-1, 6-0, 6-1 drubbing that Djokovic gave to Lorenzi at the 2012 US Open.

Rock Strongo 09-29-2012 10:50 AM

A great match would be 6-0 0-6 6-0 0-6 and then both retiring in the final set. I actually remember Eurosport running like a flashback after Hewitt and Clijsters ending their relationship fading to sepia toned and then displaying those scores.

I am scared of my brain.

Mustard 09-29-2012 10:55 AM

Gaudio beat Nadal 0-6, 6-0, 6-1 at 2005 Buenos Aires. Gaudio later claimed that Nadal went nuts in the locker room and smashed his racquet, but Nadal has denied it. Nadal was only ranked 48 in the world at this time, but would soon be number 2.

vive le beau jeu ! 09-29-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underground (Post 6926338)
Federer def. Hewitt 6-0 7-6 6-0

if we're into slam finals, there's also RG 1977, with a double donut: vilas d. gottfried 60 63 60.

EDIT
but ok... it's not in the past decade. ;)

Hood_Man 09-29-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustard (Post 6926343)
Djokovic also beat Paolo Lorenzi 6-2, 6-0, 6-0 at the 2012 Australian Open, not to mention the 6-1, 6-0, 6-1 drubbing that Djokovic gave to Lorenzi at the 2012 US Open.

Am I right in saying that it was the Berlocq match where, the only two games Novak lost, were in fact breaks of his own serve?

Shaolin 09-29-2012 11:34 AM

Shvedova, golden set on Errani.

Gizo 09-29-2012 11:38 AM

In the 1st round of the 2007 Australian Open, Murray was leading Alberto Martin 6-0 6-0 5-0*, before Martin held serve in the 18th game to prevent a whitewash.

In the 1st round of Wimbledon in 2009, the world no. 64 Leonardo Mayer was leading the world no. 75 Oscar Hernandez 6-0 6-0 3-0*, before Hernandez held serve 3 consecutive times to avoid complete humiliation. Of course Mayer is more well known recently for being the victim when Young ended his recent 17 match losing streak at Winston-Salem in August.

Cup8489 09-29-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hood_Man (Post 6926420)
Am I right in saying that it was the Berlocq match where, the only two games Novak lost, were in fact breaks of his own serve?

I believe so.

poor Berlocq..

Shaolin 09-29-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup8489 (Post 6926434)
I believe so.

poor Berlocq..



Berlocq also has the distinction of being the only player to double bagel a player (D. Young) and then get double bageled himself the very next round (by Blake). Happened several years back in Miami.

Mustard 09-29-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hood_Man (Post 6926420)
Am I right in saying that it was the Berlocq match where, the only two games Novak lost, were in fact breaks of his own serve?

You are right, yes. Berlocq lost every game where he served.

vive le beau jeu ! 09-29-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin (Post 6926443)
Berlocq also has the distinction of being the only player to double bagel a player (D. Young) and then get double bageled himself the very next round (by Blake). Happened several years back in Miami.

i remember that... this special achievement will be hard to repeat ! ;)

dhdriver 09-29-2012 11:59 AM

Basel 2009: Djokovic def Hernych 6-0 6-0


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse