Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Wilson Steam 2013 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441547)

Automatix 09-29-2012 12:05 PM

Wilson Steam 2013
 
Don't know if this was posted but what the heck...

Model - Unstrung weight, headsize, string pattern, beam
Steam 96 - 289g, 96 sq. inch., 16x20, 22mm
Steam 99 - 304g, 99 sq. inch., 16x18, 22-24-22mm
Steam 99S - 304g, 99 sq. inch., 16x15, 22-24-22mm
Steam 105 - 289g, 105sq. inch., 16x19, 24-26-24mm
Steam 105S - 289g, 105 sq. inch., 16x15, 24-26-24mm

All with AmpliFeel360.

Sorry if this was already posted.

Veninga 09-29-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatix (Post 6926457)
Don't know if this was posted but what the heck...

Model - Unstrung weight, headsize, string pattern, beam
Steam 96 - 289g, 96 sq. inch., 16x20, 22mm
Steam 99 - 304g, 99 sq. inch., 16x18, 22-24-22mm
Steam 99S - 304g, 99 sq. inch., 16x15, 22-24-22mm
Steam 105 - 289g, 105sq. inch., 16x19, 24-26-24mm
Steam 105S - 289g, 105 sq. inch., 16x15, 24-26-24mm

All with AmpliFeel360.

Sorry if this was already posted.

Steam 96, Potro's new racket, only 289 grams? I guess it will be more. Maybe 309?

Automatix 09-29-2012 12:43 PM

Those are the specs given, I was surprised as well. Unless there's a typo and it's actually 298g... but still that's pretty light.

Time will tell.

Stormcrow 09-29-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatix (Post 6926509)
Those are the specs given, I was surprised as well. Unless there's a typo and it's actually 298g... but still that's pretty light.

Time will tell.

Do you know length of Steam 96? Sounds a lot like Kpro Tour depending on length and stiffness.

srvnvly 09-29-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatix (Post 6926457)
Don't know if this was posted but what the heck...

Model - Unstrung weight, headsize, string pattern, beam
Steam 96 - 289g, 96 sq. inch., 16x20, 22mm
Steam 99 - 304g, 99 sq. inch., 16x18, 22-24-22mm
Steam 99S - 304g, 99 sq. inch., 16x15, 22-24-22mm
Steam 105 - 289g, 105sq. inch., 16x19, 24-26-24mm
Steam 105S - 289g, 105 sq. inch., 16x15, 24-26-24mm

All with AmpliFeel360.

Sorry if this was already posted.

Automatix - do you know any swing weights yet? Thanks!

PhotoBlue 09-29-2012 05:36 PM

Defanetley taking 99s for a demo when it comes out in a few months, interesting to see how 16x15 pattern hits...

edman9898 09-29-2012 06:34 PM

I cant imagine them having a 96 that would weight less than their 99. That has to be a typo.

Automatix 09-30-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormcrow (Post 6926613)
Do you know length of Steam 96? Sounds a lot like Kpro Tour depending on length and stiffness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvnvly (Post 6926729)
Automatix - do you know any swing weights yet? Thanks!

Sorry guys. I don't know anything beyond the stuff I posted. I always try to post the info I get unless specifically asked not to until someone else spills some details.

Automatix 09-30-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edman9898 (Post 6926900)
I cant imagine them having a 96 that would weight less than their 99. That has to be a typo.

I think so too. But that's the info I got. Time will tell.

roundiesee 09-30-2012 03:03 AM

To me, the old/present 'Steam" is already a very good frame; if I were to choose from the options, I would likely go for the heaviest iteration, :)

Mig1NC 10-08-2012 05:29 PM

I'm dying to know the length and balance as well. SW would be icing on the cake.

Sander001 10-08-2012 05:40 PM

Anybody else thinking of stringing their racquet with fewer crosses? My racquet's 16x18 so I only have to skip 3 crosses but I wonder which ones would be best to skip.

Mig1NC 10-08-2012 05:43 PM

There was a post on here a while back, might have been Travelrjim, where the guy skipped the outermost cross and main and got incredible spin... Or so the claim went.

I don't doubt it.

couch 10-08-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mig1NC (Post 6943159)
I'm dying to know the length and balance as well. SW would be icing on the cake.

I heard, from a reliable source, they are standard length (99 & 99S), 2 pts hl, and 11.3 oz strung. Don't know swing weight but with only 2 pts hl I'm guessing swing weight is bumped up from previous version.

srvnvly 10-09-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couch (Post 6943261)
I heard, from a reliable source, they are standard length (99 & 99S), 2 pts hl, and 11.3 oz strung. Don't know swing weight but with only 2 pts hl I'm guessing swing weight is bumped up from previous version.

I hope this blows the Juice 100 away. At 6 points HL and a 311 swingweight, there was no plowthrough. I'm anxious to hear final specs.

couch 10-10-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvnvly (Post 6943817)
I hope this blows the Juice 100 away. At 6 points HL and a 311 swingweight, there was no plowthrough. I'm anxious to hear final specs.

I will see the new line next Tuesday so will get a better idea then. Hoping, with the better paint scheme, that this will be a real winner. I'm looking more at the 16x18 pattern rather than the 16x15. Also hoping that the throat area is thinner than the current Steam. Will try to give an update next week.

Mig1NC 10-10-2012 01:43 PM

Thanks, Coach! Looking forward to it.

dmcb101 10-10-2012 07:30 PM

I am interested in these racquets as well. I just started my career as a tennis pro and I am currently using the six.one team. I could probably benefit from having a larger head size with a little more power. We will be having a demo night with Wilson soon and I presume these racquets will be there. I will let you know what I find out.

The Dark Knight 10-10-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couch (Post 6946424)
I will see the new line next Tuesday so will get a better idea then. Hoping, with the better paint scheme, that this will be a real winner. I'm looking more at the 16x18 pattern rather than the 16x15. Also hoping that the throat area is thinner than the current Steam. Will try to give an update next week.

Did you say your going to try the new steam 16x15? Lucky you ! Please give a review!

Automatix 10-10-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couch (Post 6946424)
I will see the new line next Tuesday so will get a better idea then. Hoping, with the better paint scheme, that this will be a real winner. I'm looking more at the 16x18 pattern rather than the 16x15. Also hoping that the throat area is thinner than the current Steam. Will try to give an update next week.

Could you take a gander at the Steam 96? The specs I got for this frame (weight, beam) puzzle me. Also could you check the length and balance?

I've heard that this frame is supposed to be very close to the BLX Tour so it can be slightly longer than standard but I couldn't confirm this.

Thanks in advance.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse