Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Ryder Cup (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441639)

Ash_Smith 09-30-2012 03:34 PM

Ryder Cup

What an unbelievable, incredible, phenomenal, extraordinary three days of sporting spectacle, finished off in history making circumstances!

Sport at its best!

Go Team Europe!!! :)

batz 09-30-2012 03:39 PM

That was bloody amazing! Ole, ole ole ole!

Feņa14 09-30-2012 03:39 PM

Yeahhhh!

It was Rose for me, when he won 17 and 18 to get the point, it was meant to be :)

I've watched every second of it, booked Friday off work especially. The first two days were long and painful, today kind of makes up for it ;)

jamesblakefan#1 09-30-2012 03:56 PM

What a choke by the US. Stricker in particular.

batz 09-30-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesblakefan#1 (Post 6928218)

Stricken more like. Epic choke by Team US mate, simply epic.

OHBH 09-30-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesblakefan#1 (Post 6928218)

Stricker and Furyk both choked big time. Both of them DLIII's captain picks.
Brandt Snedeker and dustin Johhson did ok.
Should've gone with David Toms and Stewart Cink in place of Furyk and Toms though. David toms is so solid in match play I remember him crushing Chris Demarco in the match play championship a few years back, just awesome.

Hindsight being 20/20 of course

soyizgood 09-30-2012 04:22 PM

Team USA got too cocky. ESPN already crowned them the winners after Saturday. I'll give it to Europe. They fought and were clutch in the close matches. McIlroy almost was late for the tee time, had no practice, and still won his match.

Europe won Sunday's matches 8.5 to 3.5, with Europe's top 5 winning all their matches. That's insane.

jamesblakefan#1 09-30-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soyizgood (Post 6928264)
Team USA got too cocky. ESPN already crowned them the winners after Saturday. I'll give it to Europe. They fought and were clutch in the close matches. McIlroy almost was late for the tee time, had no practice, and still won his match.

Europe won Sunday's matches 8.5 to 3.5, with Europe's top 5 winning all their matches. That's insane.

Yep, Gene Wojechowski once again proving what a certafied assclown he is. This article looks like absurd journalism in hindsight.

http://espn.go.com/golf/rydercup12/s...-all-locked-us

jamesblakefan#1 09-30-2012 04:38 PM

And Stricker was a Captain's Pick? Talk about epic fail...

jaggy 09-30-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash_Smith (Post 6928190)
What an unbelievable, incredible, phenomenal, extraordinary three days of sporting spectacle, finished off in history making circumstances!

Sport at its best!

Go Team Europe!!! :)

It may have been fun, enjoyable, exciting or many things.

But golf is never a sport.

rainingaces 09-30-2012 05:41 PM

That is one of the best comebacks ever in sport. Team USA LOL what a bunch of pathetic chockers they thought they only had to turn up, arrogant americans. So happy for jose and the team this ryder cup should be dedicated to seve.

r2473 09-30-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainingaces (Post 6928412)
That is one of the best comebacks ever in sport. Team USA LOL what a bunch of pathetic chockers they thought they only had to turn up, arrogant americans. So happy for jose and the team this ryder cup should be dedicated to seve.

I though only americans called everything "the greatest ever", 2 minutes after its over.

One things for sure, today's weather was the greatest ever where I live.

I also made the greatest London Broil ever for dinner tonight. It was epic.

Feņa14 09-30-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r2473 (Post 6928417)
I though only americans called everything "the greatest ever", 2 minutes after its over.

One things for sure, today's weather was the greatest ever where I live.

I also made the greatest London Broil ever for dinner tonight. It was epic.

Maybe! Although the biggest comeback of all time away from home is more than worthy of the title "greatest Ryder Cup win, ever", no? :)

r2473 09-30-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feņa14 (Post 6928424)
Maybe! Although the biggest comeback of all time away from home is more than worthy of the title "greatest Ryder Cup win, ever", no? :)

I thought it was one of the greatest comeback in sport ever?

Has it already been downgraded?

Feņa14 09-30-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r2473 (Post 6928438)
I thought it was one of the greatest comeback in sport ever?

Has it already been downgraded?

I'd say the biggest comeback of all time, in one of the biggest competitions is worthy of being called one of the best comebacks of all time, sure :)

It's equal to, if not greater than Man Utd beating Munich in '99 and Liverpool beating Milan in '05 for me personally.

NickC 09-30-2012 06:07 PM

What a 3 days! I was glued to the coverage, took off class on Friday morning to go watch. Amazing stuff. Stricker was awful, but credit to the Europeans for not giving up hope when all was but lost.

I felt as though Tiger played like crap today, though.

Feņa14 09-30-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickC (Post 6928461)
What a 3 days! I was glued to the coverage, took off class on Friday morning to go watch. Amazing stuff. Stricker was awful, but credit to the Europeans for not giving up hope when all was but lost.

I felt as though Tiger played like crap today, though.

Even after beating Arsenal yesterday, then beating New Zealand at the cricket World Cup.. The hammering we were getting at the Ryder Cup made it a bad day.

Today, is a good one :)

As for Tiger, yeah I think I heard he didn't make a birdie all day? It was the case upto the half way point of the back 9 I think. Still, pleased for Molinari to more than hold his own after Tiger destroyed him in the singles 2 years ago.

Dedans Penthouse 09-30-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainingasses (Post 6928412)
That is one of the best comebacks ever in sport. Team USA LOL what a bunch of pathetic chockers

they thought they only had to turn up, arrogant americans.

So happy for jose and the team this ryder cup should be dedicated to seve.

No doubt, a big choke; Stricker in particular.

^^^^
That said douchebag, if you're going to invent unfounded assumptions ("only had to turn up") and put it out there as unassaillabe truth, don't be an asshole about it, you asshole.

Feņa14 09-30-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dedans Penthouse (Post 6928518)
No doubt, a big choke; Stricker in particular.

^^^^
That said douchebag, if you're going to invent unfounded assumptions ("only had to turn up") and put it out there as unassaillabe truth, don't be an asshole about it, you asshole.

I don't think they were that arrogant, I agree. Europe had a big lead 2 years ago and America nearly pulled it back, so both teams knew everything was still to play for.

I just think Europe started to play the way they can on the last day, what was disappointing about the first two days was that most of the players were letting themselves down, playing way below their best. We had fourball pairings who took 13 holes to make a birdie between them, it was painfully bad at times.

Today we played to our potential, all the blue on the board got the American players nervous, the fans felt it and weren't as loud etc.. The home crowed can be a huge advantage when things are going well, but when they're quiet, it has a huge impact the other way.

stringertom 09-30-2012 09:21 PM

The margin was razor-thin so every match had consequences but Sunday doesn't play out as it did without Poulter's outrageous putting on the last five holes Saturday. The man has giant stones!