Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So who bought the Mizuno Lendl and Muster Head Pro from TW Bosworth section (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441719)

jorel 10-01-2012 09:36 AM

So who bought the Mizuno Lendl and Muster Head Pro from TW Bosworth section

Please share details. Thanks

The Meat 10-01-2012 09:51 AM

Darn someone already bought the Muster racquet. Really wanted to compare this with other prestiges...

I Heart Thomas Muster 10-01-2012 10:19 AM

How much was the Muster racquet? I would have sold a kidney if need be.

jorel 10-01-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Heart Thomas Muster (Post 6929506)
How much was the Muster racquet? I would have sold a kidney if need be.

600 clams

and the lendl was 3

jorel 10-01-2012 10:30 AM

i cant believe they were selling the white stars for 39.99..seemed underpriced

treblings 10-01-2012 10:30 AM

i raised the question in the classical racquet forum whether TW had any proof of origin regarding the prestige. did Muster really play with that racquet, or was it just customized for him, or do they assume it was for him?
havenīt got an answer yet. whoever bought it should realize, that he may not have bought the real thing. caveat emptor

jorel 10-01-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treblings (Post 6929537)
i raised the question in the classical racquet forum whether TW had any proof of origin regarding the prestige. did Muster really play with that racquet, or was it just customized for him, or do they assume it was for him?
havenīt got an answer yet. whoever bought it should realize, that he may not have bought the real thing. caveat emptor

it came from Bosworth

treblings 10-01-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorel (Post 6929542)
it came from Bosworth

meaning???

jorel 10-01-2012 12:01 PM

i know what we can do..will the buyer of the racquet please take it to a CSI lab and have them do a fingerprint analysis and if Mr Muster is reading ..please submit to the FBI for a fingerprint analysis, thank you

treblings 10-01-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorel (Post 6929702)
i know what we can do..will the buyer of the racquet please take it to a CSI lab and have them do a fingerprint analysis and if Mr Muster is reading ..please submit to the FBI for a fingerprint analysis, thank you

letter of provenance by Warren Bosworth stating that it was indeed one of Musters rackets would work for me. if the buyer doesnīt need evidence, i have a mint prestige pro(first gen) and iīm quite certain it was also played by Tom:)

jorel 10-01-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treblings (Post 6929719)
letter of provenance by Warren Bosworth stating that it was indeed one of Musters rackets would work for me. if the buyer doesnīt need evidence, i have a mint prestige pro(first gen) and iīm quite certain it was also played by Tom:)

ur not Tenniswarehouse or Warren Bosworth

sureshs 10-01-2012 12:26 PM

I hope the racket does not have Muster's DNA on it ..........

treblings 10-01-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorel (Post 6929748)
ur not Tenniswarehouse or Warren Bosworth

itīs ok if you donīt get my point:) nice talking to you nevertheless

jorel 10-01-2012 12:50 PM

my point is that they have a certain reputation that they have built up over the yrs...could they be wrong,,sure.,.. but very likely they are not...

The Meat 10-01-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 6929758)
I hope the racket does not have Muster's DNA on it ..........

In a couple of weeks Mustard will post a thread about how he has extracted Muster's DNA and created a clone. :)

treblings 10-01-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorel (Post 6929803)
my point is that they have a certain reputation that they have built up over the yrs...could they be wrong,,sure.,.. but very likely they are not...

if people buy a racquet for 600,- ,without proof, based on the reputation of Bosworth and TW, good for them.
iīm sure TW are not knowingly making a false claim. i would just like to know how they know that the racquet was played by Muster and whether they have some proof. Did Bosworth write that down somewhere? maybe in an inventory? that would be good enough for me
iīm less than impressed, that they canīt be bothered to answer.

TW Staff 10-01-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treblings (Post 6929842)
if people buy a racquet for 600,- ,without proof, based on the reputation of Bosworth and TW, good for them.
iīm sure TW are not knowingly making a false claim. i would just like to know how they know that the racquet was played by Muster and whether they have some proof. Did Bosworth write that down somewhere? maybe in an inventory? that would be good enough for me
iīm less than impressed, that they canīt be bothered to answer.

treblings,

As I previously stated in the other thread, the racquet came directly out of Warren Bosworth's warehouse to our warehouse. On the racquet, there are two stickers one showing it was hit by Muster and the other showing it came from Bosworth's collection. Unfortunately, Warren Bosworth has passed away so we would be unable to get a letter from him or be able to write a letter that he told us. Also for a prompter response, please ask in TW Questions and Comments as we frequent that thread more often.

Thanks,

Brittany

sureshs 10-01-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat (Post 6929806)
In a couple of weeks Mustard will post a thread about how he has extracted Muster's DNA and created a clone. :)

I would rather have Nadal clones. As each one gets injured, the next one can keep playing.

sureshs 10-01-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6929875)
Unfortunately, Warren Bosworth has passed away so we would be unable to get a letter from him or be able to write a letter that he told us.

I think I have to agree with you on that one

treblings 10-01-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6929875)
treblings,

As I previously stated in the other thread, the racquet came directly out of Warren Bosworth's warehouse to our warehouse. On the racquet, there are two stickers one showing it was hit by Muster and the other showing it came from Bosworth's collection. Unfortunately, Warren Bosworth has passed away so we would be unable to get a letter from him or be able to write a letter that he told us. Also for a prompter response, please ask in TW Questions and Comments as we frequent that thread more often.

Thanks,

Brittany

Brittany,

thanks for answering in this thread as well:)
i would welcome it, if that kind of clarification would come simultaneously with putting the racquets up for sale and not some time later.

thanks