Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Pacific Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441734)

PKfan1 10-01-2012 11:52 AM

Pacific Racquets

How come there isn't much love for the Pacific sticks on TT?

I am very interested in the X feel pro 90 and 95. Can anyone comment on how they compare to other racquets on the market. I currently have in my bag Ig prestige mid, PK redondo mid, and a Pure storm LTD, and I love them all, would the pacifics be a good fit for me?

treblings 10-01-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PKfan1 (Post 6929574)
How come there isn't much love for the Pacific sticks on TT?

I am very interested in the X feel pro 90 and 95. Can anyone comment on how they compare to other racquets on the market. I currently have in my bag Ig prestige mid, PK redondo mid, and a Pure storm LTD, and I love them all, would the pacifics be a good fit for me?

the vacuum 90 would fit very well:) out of the three mentioned, which is your favourite?

I Heart Thomas Muster 10-01-2012 12:25 PM

When they release this racquet with the 16 main pattern that God intended they will have my business. I love the old Pro One mold.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Paci...IC-PXFP18.html

treblings 10-01-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Heart Thomas Muster (Post 6929621)
When they release this racquet with the 16 main pattern that God intended they will have my business. I love the old Pro One mold.

the pro one came with a 16x20 if i remember correct, right?

Chotobaka 10-01-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treblings (Post 6929629)
the pro one came with a 16x20 if i remember correct, right?

Yes. It comes in both the 16x20 and 18x20. The entire X-Force line are superb racquets and worthy successors to the Fischer Pro No 1.

PKfan1 10-01-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treblings (Post 6929613)
the vacuum 90 would fit very well:) out of the three mentioned, which is your favourite?

I'm going to have to seriously consider acquiring one. I would say from a feel standpoint the redondo, but I love them all for different reasons. Although if I swapped the pallets on the prestige to the wilson shape that might be my fav. Can you compare the vacuum 90 to any of the frames?

Ramon 10-01-2012 03:53 PM

You haven't read the forums enough. There's plenty of love for Pacific here. I liked the X-Force Pro a lot when I demoed it. The PK Ki 5 edged it out for me, but I thought the X-Force Pro was a great racquet and worth a demo. I imagine their other products are probably very good, as well.

MikeHitsHard93 10-01-2012 05:16 PM

I just purchased a Pacific XForce. Should come via UPS on wednesday :D

anirut 10-01-2012 07:27 PM

PKfan1,

Just get the X-Feel 90. Great feel, great precision. It does not have as much power as the Redondo, though. Just make sure you string it right, and this will take "some" experiments.

I had some trouble finding the right string set up and I'm getting closer now. One thing that bugged me a lot was the "smaller" butt of the Pacific. I couldn't lock the butt end well especially during serves and half of my mind was at the fear of the stick slipping out of my hand (I play just the leather). Now I've just half-way solved the problem by increasing the butt end, making it flare more like that of PK (in fact, quite a bit more). The reason I say I'm half-way solving the problem is because I have yet to test play it and see how it goes as it added 3.1 grams to the racket rear-end. Will figure out some ways to cut some weight.

I got the idea from pictures of Gasquet's racket which I took at the Thailand Open. His racket butt is very, very much much flared. Here are the pics:

So, just get the XFPV90 (X-Feel Pro Vacuum 90). It's a joy to play with. It's not that I parted ways with my Redondo, but I love 'em all and have 'em all in my bag.

treblings 10-01-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PKfan1 (Post 6930022)
I'm going to have to seriously consider acquiring one. I would say from a feel standpoint the redondo, but I love them all for different reasons. Although if I swapped the pallets on the prestige to the wilson shape that might be my fav. Can you compare the vacuum 90 to any of the frames?

to be honest, i havenīt played with the pacific vacuum 90 so far. would love to get my hands on one.
i have played with the fischer vacuum 90 just last year, and the feel of the racquet is enormous. sweetspot is about the size of a dollar coin. i heard itīs very string sensitive, but didnīt have the chance to experiment.
compared to my prestige mids it seems more demanding to play, which might be just to demanding for me:)

pelusi 10-01-2012 11:30 PM

anirut,Now I've just half-way solved the problem by increasing the butt end,
but,as it has done?????

tennis4josh 10-01-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Heart Thomas Muster (Post 6929621)

Isn't this the racket you are talking about:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Paci...IFIC-PXFP.html

-Josh

anirut 10-02-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelusi (Post 6930743)
anirut,Now I've just half-way solved the problem by increasing the butt end,
but,as it has done?????

Sorry, I don't get what you mean ...

At least what I meant was:
1) I've increased my racket butt-end -- that's the first half of solving the problem.
2) I have not test-play the racket yet -- that's the second half of solving the problem, which may require better solution to that.

Sorry, PKfan, for taking things a bit off topic.

Mike Bulgakov 10-02-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anirut (Post 6930479)
I got the idea from pictures of Gasquet's racket which I took at the Thailand Open. His racket butt is very, very much much flared. Here are the pics:

Kafelnikov did the same thing with his Fischer VT Pro 98.

morten 10-02-2012 01:12 AM

what gripshape does this racket have? Like old Fischers(hope not)

anirut 10-02-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morten (Post 6930799)
what gripshape does this racket have? Like old Fischers(hope not)

It's now like Wilson, or at least somewhere between Wilson and Dunlop.

morten 10-02-2012 02:44 AM

ok, thanks, i am curious about this 90 as i love small rackets. strange how they added the leathergrip and made it more headheavy... annoying. I want more headlight. Can one open the buttcap on this racket? (to put weight in there) What are the main differences compared to Fischer vacuum 90?

anirut 10-02-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morten (Post 6930841)
ok, thanks, i am curious about this 90 as i love small rackets. strange how they added the leathergrip and made it more headheavy... annoying. I want more headlight. Can one open the buttcap on this racket? (to put weight in there) What are the main differences compared to Fischer vacuum 90?

Normally I like 10+ pts HL sticks too and I've modded the XFPV90 to that sort of spec and things didn't work out. The racket became way-too-fast and lacking omph and stability at impact. Then I added lead to the hoop to counter that problem and things worked out.

But ... the stick then became way heavy to play comfortably. I don't remember the figures though. I had to quit the idea

Then I worked on the string set up instead and found that the stock balance is sorta "just right". Keep the tension on the lower end, or even lower into the mid-to-high 40's. Just add an over grip and that should be it. (I play with leather only, though.) I know one coach who uses this stick and he's got his strung at 45.

In fact what I have done to the flare out the racket butt, plus 2 grams lead at 6.25" from butt end, weight in to about that of an overgrip (5 grams). From just dry-swinging the racket it feels sorta right, comparing it to my beloved Dunlop revelation Tour 90. The balance is now about 8-9 pts HL and weights in at 350.6 grams.

Can't wait to play-test my mod tomorrow ... if it doesn't rain here in Krung Thep (Bangkok).

McLovin 10-02-2012 04:13 AM

Just to let you know...the X Feel Pro 95 is effectively the Fischer M Comp 95 'Black Granite' frame that never made it to the states. I used the M Comp 95 for 3+ years and loved the frame, but be warned that it has minimal power. The Pacific version is slightly stiffer, a has a bit more pop, but still retains that 'Fischer feel'.

The same can be said for the X Force Pro. I hit with the M Pro No. 1 for ~ 2 months before I switched to the X Force Pro, and am 100% 'all in' on this frame. Slightly stiffer than the M Pro No. 1, yet still feels like a Fischer.

I can only guess that the same can be said for the X Feel Pro 90, however, to answer your question:
Quote:

Originally Posted by morten (Post 6930841)
Can one open the buttcap on this racket? (to put weight in there)?

I'm fairly confident the answer to that is 'no'. Looking at the image of the handle:

it appears that the X Feel Pro 90 has the Fisher palette system, which is effectively a 2-piece palette running the length of the handle held together by two plastic screws. Do a search here on the Fischer palettes. I know someone posted detailed images of replacing/modifying the grip a few months back.

pelusi 10-02-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anirut (Post 6930761)
Sorry, I don't get what you mean ...

At least what I meant was:
1) I've increased my racket butt-end -- that's the first half of solving the problem.
2) I have not test-play the racket yet -- that's the second half of solving the problem, which may require better solution to that.

Sorry, PKfan, for taking things a bit off topic.

Sorry,but how you increased your racket butt???????
thanks