Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   FIT Enough to WIN JR Davis Cup! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441775)

HIGH-TECH TENNIS 10-01-2012 04:46 PM

FIT Enough to WIN JR Davis Cup!

I don't know why I cant post an image here but look here and here link for PROOF that our girl is FIT enough to WIN!!! Great job, Miss Taylor Townsend, of staying focused, not letting any of the CRAP get you down, and doing your thing! Sooooo proud of this child - and not willing to let anyone brush this under the rug like it didn't happen. I am clearly not the only one who is outraged and for that, I'm soooo glad! Check out this well-written reasoned article, which says much of what I was trying to say here:

<3 to our friend Taylor---so very proud of her!

"We’re extremely proud of our juniors and what they accomplished this past week against the world’s toughest competition and the job that Kathy and Nicolas did as coaches," said General Manager, USTA Player Development Patrick McEnroe. "It was a tremendous week, especially for the girls, and the results are certainly encouraging for the future of both these players and American tennis."

Really. WELL, ISN'T THAT SPECIAL?? I don't know how much more she must do to prove that she's FIT enough to have EARNED her spot at #1.

HIGH-TECH TENNIS 10-01-2012 04:48 PM

FIT Enough to WIN JR Fed Cup too!

Maybe she's FIT enough to win both Davis AND Fed Cup, lol...

db10s 10-01-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HIGH-TECH TENNIS (Post 6930160)
Maybe she's FIT enough to win both Davis AND Fed Cup, lol...

Nice, I was like.... uhhh..... really?

Tennishacker 10-01-2012 06:37 PM

PMac, how do you like them apples!

TCF 10-01-2012 08:01 PM

================================================== ==

coaching32yrs 10-02-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennishacker (Post 6930397)

The most telling thing I heard in the fiasco USTA created for no reason is this- PMac has no relationship at all with his #1 player, TT. Doesn't talk to her, doesn't know her. Now he is publicly congratulating her. Throw in the mix that PMac makes over 1 million a year. This stuff is so outrageous you couldn't make a movie out of it because no one would believe it could actually happen!

sureshs 10-02-2012 08:23 AM

Saw excerpts of her playing Junior Fed Cup.

A small public leak about how she was treated was enough to get the USTA brass crapping in their pants.

sureshs 10-02-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coaching32yrs (Post 6931059)
The most telling thing I heard in the fiasco USTA created for no reason is this- PMac has no relationship at all with his #1 player, TT. Doesn't talk to her, doesn't know her. Now he is publicly congratulating her. Throw in the mix that PMac makes over 1 million a year. This stuff is so outrageous you couldn't make a movie out of it because no one would believe it could actually happen!

He has to congratulate her. A lawsuit would have found unconstitutional discrimination based on appearance, but that would have been just the tip of the iceberg - the finances would be out in the open during the discovery process. How much did her USO travel expenses cost compared to how much the executives are paid? How was the decision made to bench her? All memos and emails will be subpoenaed and then all the hidden baggage over the years might have come out, possibly causing a flood of lawsuits. The organization might have come under judicial oversight and then bye-bye to giving each other awards and harassing top juniors. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of executives would have been sent to jail.

gmatheis 10-02-2012 09:07 AM

I agree the way the USTA treated her is just plain wrong, but I do wish she'd take her fitness level more seriously. She's obviously got amazing talent but I doubt that will be enough in the WTA and I'd love to see Taylor bring back the dominance of US womens tennis.

Soianka 10-02-2012 09:19 AM

Good for Taylor.

There are an exciting group of young Americans coming up - Taylor Townsend, Gabby Andrews, Victoria Duval, Sachia Vickery, Madison Keys, etc.

It's so interesting that most of the top American girls coming up are African American (one Haitian American).

I have to think that many of their parents were inspired by Serena and Venus.

What a huge impact Serena and Venus have had on women's tennis.

Number1Coach 10-02-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmatheis (Post 6931311)
I agree the way the USTA treated her is just plain wrong, but I do wish she'd take her fitness level more seriously. She's obviously got amazing talent but I doubt that will be enough in the WTA and I'd love to see Taylor bring back the dominance of US womens tennis.

I agree with the USTA ,this girl is playing solid tennis and she is winning right now in the jr.s but the next level will require a higher level of fitness ,,,the USTA was doing her a favor telling her to get in better shape , I guess its better to have friends right close to you not saying anything to you to better yourself , now those are the friends I want !

sureshs 10-02-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 6931337)
I agree with the USTA ,this girl is playing solid tennis and she is winning right now in the jr.s but the next level will require a higher level of fitness ,,,the USTA was doing her a favor telling her to get in better shape , I guess its better to have friends right close to you not saying anything to you to better yourself , now those are the friends I want !

That would have been a favor, yes. That is NOT what they did, let us make it clear. They tried to get her not to play and when she did, refused to pay her expenses.

So let us not make it about tough love and attempt to sweep it under the rug.

jigglypuff 10-02-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennishacker (Post 6930397)

I don't know... I was thinking more along the lines of Shaq's "Pmac, Tell me how my *** tastes."

Number1Coach 10-02-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 6931343)
That would have been a favor, yes. That is NOT what they did, let us make it clear. They tried to get her not to play and when she did, refused to pay her expenses.

So let us not make it about tough love and attempt to sweep it under the rug.

Listen Taylor we would like you not to play these upcoming events we want you to get in better shape you can do well at the next level !

Well to bad I am going to play them and you better pay my way !

Is that how it went ?

I wasnt there .

BTW it isnt about tough love its about truth and what is best for the athlete who is dedicating their life to the sport ,, the tough love should come from the parents but doesnt seem like they have that for by the looks of her and no I am not being mean i want to see her make it at the next level .

Soianka 10-02-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 6931439)
Listen Taylor we would like you not to play these upcoming events we want you to get in better shape you can do well at the next level !

Is that how it went ?

I wasnt there .

BTW it isnt about tough love its about truth and what is best for the athlete who is dedicating their life to the sport ,, the tough love should come from the parents but doesnt seem like they have that for by the looks of her and no I am not being mean i want to see her make it at the next level .

Why would it be preferable for her to sit out the HC championships and the US Open rather than just concentrate on her fitness from September to January?

Also, from reports, apparently the USTA trainers had been reducing her fitness time and training time rather than ramping it up and working on her fitness.

Probably more to this story than we know.

Either way, this is not the way to handle a sensitive issue with a teenage girl.

coaching32yrs 10-02-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 6931439)

Is that how it went ?

I wasnt there .

Coach, we understand you have an interest here. The USTA hands out wildcards to tournaments, such as the USOpen. Your player was the recepient of such a wildcard. That is the problem. The USTA has so much power, no player can openly criticize them. You used to be a critic of the USTA. You can't afford to be now. As Tom Cruise said in "Tropic Thunder", even a nutless monkey knows something was really wrong here.

Number1Coach 10-02-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coaching32yrs (Post 6931472)
Coach, we understand you have an interest here. The USTA hands out wildcards to tournaments, such as the USOpen. Your player was the recepient of such a wildcard. That is the problem. The USTA has so much power, no player can openly criticize them. You used to be a critic of the USTA. You can't afford to be now. As Tom Cruise said in "Tropic Thunder", even a nutless monkey knows something was really wrong here.

Your wrong there, I have always been a critic of theirs and I still am, wildcards or not .
They know where I stand and I know where they stand and life is tough and Taylor needs to consider what is best for her and tackle it like and animal.

Tennishacker 10-02-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 6931524)
Your wrong there I have always been a critic of theirs and I still am wildcards or not .
They know where I stand and I know where they stand and life is tough and Taylor needs to consider what is best for her and tackle it like and animal.

Why would you be critical about the #1 ITF player?

Apparently she's been doing all the right things.

tennis5 10-02-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennishacker (Post 6931544)

I know some will hate me for saying this, but part of the "thing" is an intangible, G-d given, born with it greatness.

You can't play harder or longer or more and get "it".

Apparently, she has it.

Number1Coach 10-02-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennishacker (Post 6931544)

She has had some great sucsess as a jr. as a lefty she already come out of the box with a bonus ,ask. McEnroe , Nadal , Connors ect. But if you don't take advantage of this by getting in shape for the pro's it would be sad to see what could possibly be waisted !

What you do in the jrs means very little at the pro level unless you are focused on developing , like I said in another post ,getting in great shape , "diet" ,attitude ect.
I said that 2 days ago and my position hasn't changed .