Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How can Nadal be a GOAT candidate if... (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441811)

Mike Sams 10-01-2012 09:26 PM

How can Nadal be a GOAT candidate if...

...he lost every match he ever played against his greatest rival Federer at every World Tour Finals meeting since 2006? They met 4 times and Nadal lost all 4, having only won 1 set.:shock:
Doesn't a GOAT candidate have to show at least SOME skill indoors as opposed to just winning all clay all the time and having never successfully defended a non-clay title in his entire 10+ years on the tour? Furthermore, only having won 5 hardcourt Masters titles and 4 non-clay Slams? And getting blasted off the court by his main rival in every indoors meeting? :-?
Obviously Nadal wants more clay tournaments. Why no demand for INDOOR tournaments? :lol: Oh yeah, I know why...
A little hard on the knees mixed with the fact that he has no game to compete with Federer indoors so why bother eh? :lol:

TahoeTennis 10-01-2012 10:52 PM

Quite simply because Nadal leads the GOAT
in Grand Slam finals: 4-2

and Fed's never beat him at the French.

above bored 10-01-2012 11:37 PM

Nadal isn't a GOAT candidate.

beast of mallorca 10-01-2012 11:48 PM

Nadal made Federer cry like a baby girl.......that made him a GOAT candidate. :twisted:

A troll thread deserves a troll post :)

reversef 10-02-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Sams (Post 6930693)
...he lost every match he ever played against his greatest rival Federer at every World Tour Finals meeting since 2006? They met 4 times and Nadal lost all 4, having only won 1 set.:shock:
Doesn't a GOAT candidate have to show at least SOME skill indoors as opposed to just winning all clay all the time and having never successfully defended a non-clay title in his entire 10+ years on the tour? Furthermore, only having won 5 hardcourt Masters titles and 4 non-clay Slams? And getting blasted off the court by his main rival in every indoors meeting? :-?
Obviously Nadal wants more clay tournaments. Why no demand for INDOOR tournaments? :lol: Oh yeah, I know why...
A little hard on the knees mixed with the fact that he has no game to compete with Federer indoors so why bother eh? :lol:

Well, as we all know, Nadal can't play tennis. Here we are: the Goat (swiss cheese) is mentally challenged and has never found the solution to constantly beat an inapt tennis player in slams. In the process, he gave that inapt tennis player the opportunity to become one of the best of all time. Poor tennis fans, that idiot named Roger Federer made so much damage. He completely ruined the game.

The-Champ 10-02-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Sams (Post 6930693)
Doesn't a GOAT candidate have to show at least SOME skill indoors as opposed to just winning all clay all the time and having never successfully defended a non-clay title in his entire 10+ years on the tour? Furthermore, only having won 5 hardcourt Masters titles and 4 non-clay Slams? And getting blasted off the court by his main rival in every indoors meeting?

:cry:Don't give up Mike, you'll find a job soon. Try to get more letters of recommendation from professionals and former professors etc. Strengthen your application letter and update your CV. When you go to job interviews, don't forget to take a shower beforehand, brush your teeth, get a haircut. Finally, make them want you by telling them positive aspects about yourself that set you apart from other candidates. Don't give up, your time will come!

beast of mallorca 10-02-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Champ (Post 6930807)
:cry:Don't give up Mike, you'll find a job soon. Try to get more letters of recommendation from professionals and former professors etc. Strengthen your application letter and update your CV. When you go to job interviews, don't forget to take a shower beforehand, brush your teeth, get a haircut. Finally, make them want you by telling them positive aspects about yourself that set you apart from other candidates. Don't give up, your time will come!

That's a big BURN you gave there. :twisted::twisted:

The Bawss 10-02-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Hahaha sick burn!

P.S: Moot as Nadal isn't a GOAT candidate.

ledwix 10-02-2012 01:43 AM

More importantly Nadal needs more years at #1. He is rivaled by Djokovic and Hewitt in that category now, and in weeks as well. And having zero WTF titles looks pretty weak no matter how long he can milk a weak clay era and rack up 70% of his slams at a single event.

kragster 10-02-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Pure gold lol. I noticed you did not ask Mike Sam to work on his public speaking skills. Do you think he has that covered? Or is that phase 2 of recovery?

RAFA2005RG 10-02-2012 05:45 AM

OP, does GOAT exist? I keep checking the ATP site and can't find the GOAT rankings anywhere.

Hood_Man 10-02-2012 05:48 AM

Then Who Was Goat?

kiki 10-02-2012 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hood_Man (Post 6931043)
Then Who Was Goat?

The GOAT debate was already close back in 1969.

Sentinel 10-02-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 6931037)
OP, does GOAT exist? I keep checking the ATP site and can't find the GOAT rankings anywhere.

I am sure TMF can help you out in that respect.

cknobman 10-02-2012 06:27 AM

This thread should not exist because Nadal is not a GOAT candidate.

beast of mallorca 10-02-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cknobman (Post 6931106)
This thread should not exist because Nadal is not a GOAT candidate.

It's your co Fedfans who keeps on making threads about it, dude.
Insecure much ? :-?

SoBad 10-02-2012 06:37 AM

Oh, stoned Rafa rolled into some indoor Christmas exhibition in a wheelchair and lost a match? Ban him right away from the hall of fame, I say...:lol:

cknobman 10-02-2012 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beast of mallorca (Post 6931120)
It's your co Fedfans who keeps on making threads about it, dude.
Insecure much ? :-?

LOL insecure about what, Nadal?

No I am perfectly fine with Nadal and what he has accomplished and if he achieves enough then I will be perfectly fine considering him as a GOAT candidate.

As it stands now he has not achieved enough. He is at the upper end of Tier 2 status with Borg.

RF20Lennon 10-02-2012 06:38 AM

At OP dunno yet when is he playing his first poker match?

beast of mallorca 10-02-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cknobman (Post 6931129)
LOL insecure about what, Nadal?

No I am perfectly fine with Nadal and what he has accomplished and if he achieves enough then I will be perfectly fine considering him as a GOAT candidate.

As it stands now he has not achieved enough. He is at the upper end of Tier 2 status with Borg.

I completely agree with you there mate. But *******s like Mike appears to be affected much by what Nadal has done, hence all these troll threads. Do you not agree ?