Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Dunlop Biomimetic M. 6.0 playtest? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441956)

ArliHawk 10-03-2012 12:26 PM

Dunlop Biomimetic M. 6.0 playtest?

Any chance you'll be playtesting this racquet? Thanks in advance for your answer.

TW Staff 10-03-2012 02:22 PM

ArliHawk,

Yes, we have already playtested the Dunlop Biomimetic M 6.0. You can find the video on the product page or here:

Dunlop Biomimetic M 6.0:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymdyg...ure=plpp_video

The written is in the final stage of editing and should be out in the next one to two weeks.

Brittany, TW

ArliHawk 10-03-2012 02:57 PM

I see all the 3.0 reviews, but not the 6.0.

TW Staff 10-03-2012 03:06 PM

ArliHawk,

I am so sorry. I had just come back from shooting a review and a run and misread the question. That is completely my fault! To answer your question correctly, no at this time we are not going to playtest the Dunlop Biomimetic M 6.0. A bunch of playtesters have hit with that racquet and can answer any questions you have.

Again sorry for the mix up, please forgive me!

Brittany, TW

ArliHawk 10-03-2012 04:22 PM

Would love to hear some feedback from the playtesters, do you know by chance who's been hitting with it?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

TW Staff 10-04-2012 08:58 AM

ArliHawk,

I know a lot of the playtesters (like Chris, Andy, Siobhan, Jason, Tiffani, Karly, and I) hit with the racquet. It was personally my favorite of the new line. I will have a couple playtesters hit with it a couple more times and put together their thoughts for you. Anything specific you are interested in knowing or just a general overview?

Thanks,

Brittany, TW

ArliHawk 10-04-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6935399)
ArliHawk,

I know a lot of the playtesters (like Chris, Andy, Siobhan, Jason, Tiffani, Karly, and I) hit with the racquet. It was personally my favorite of the new line. I will have a couple playtesters hit with it a couple more times and put together their thoughts for you. Anything specific you are interested in knowing or just a general overview?

Thanks,

Brittany, TW

Just a general overview would be great, like how it compares to other tweeners (stability, sweetspot, power, etc.) . Thanks a ton, the wonderful customer service is what makes this place so great.

TW Staff 10-04-2012 01:41 PM

Arlihawk,

I just finished a hitting session with the M 6.0. It has a very similar feel to the rest of the new line from Dunlop...it's fast, maneuverable, and solid at contact. This particular one felt VERY STIFF to me...maybe the stiffest of the bunch. What that results in is super solid, forgiving on the off-center hits, and a super lively stringbed. For me, the racquet felt a bit too light, and I would have liked it a little softer feeling for a little more of a plush sensation at contact.

I'd suggest it if you're looking for a "tweener-player's" frame (a la Pure Drive or BLX Juice) that is super light and easy to swing, and crisp/stiff feeling.

Andy, TW

TW Staff 10-09-2012 11:29 AM

I'm also a fan of the M 6.0. I also really like the old Bio 600 Tour. I think they are the sleepers of the Dunlop line up. Both are fast, have decent pop and feel way more solid than they should -- I think the stiff beam helps there. Spin is very impressive and I enjoy how I can really move the ball around the court and find good angles. Ideally, some weight under the grip and a smidgen at 10 & 2 would totally dial it in for me.

I just got off court hitting a bunch of different racquets, including the M 6.0, and even though it had a string in it I don't particularly care for, it still felt good.

Chris, TW

ArliHawk 10-09-2012 02:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback, this one sounds like it may be worth a test drive.

jackcrawford 10-17-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6935399)
ArliHawk,

Thanks,

Brittany, TW

How would you say it is in comparison to the Organix V1 MP?

TW Staff 10-17-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackcrawford (Post 6960811)
How would you say it is in comparison to the Organix V1 MP?

Jackcrawford,

I would say they each have their different benefits. The Volkl Organix V1 is very powerful and comfortable. I found effortless power from all areas of the court especially my serve. Since it is a lightweight racquet, I did encounter some stability issues at times. With the Dunlop Biomimetic M 6.0, I found the racquet to have some power but also more control than the Organix V1. With the weight being similar, I found this M 6.0 to be slightly more stable than the V1. Lastly, I thought it was stiffer feeling than the V1. Both are very maneuverable and are good racquets to customize with lead to add some weight.

Hope that helps!

Brittany, TW

JackB1 09-04-2013 01:15 PM

anyone else compare the 6.0 to the V1 MP?