Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tennis predictions for the next 5 years (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441977)

tennis_pro 10-03-2012 03:58 PM

Tennis predictions for the next 5 years

Type in whatever associates with tennis that could happen in the next 5 years. For the next generation to bump of course. I say:

- around 2015-2016 a new star born inbetween 1992-1994 emerges out of nowhere and dominates tennis for 2 years, possibly wins the Grand Slam (went full re***d there I know)
- there will be no teenagers in the top 100 at the end of 2013
- Federer and Nadal will have retired by then, both will pick the very same tournament as their last
- we'll have a Chinese top tenner
- there will be a Slam boycott in which 5 of the top 10 players won't participate
- the US officials will welcome a roof at the US Open (hallelujah)

The Bawss 10-03-2012 04:10 PM

Those are some crazy predictions (barring no teenagers in top 100 in 2013). Are you looking to have you Gimelstob moment on TTW?

Prisoner of Birth 10-03-2012 04:27 PM

1. Federer, having discovered new form, would be a 9-time Defending Champion at the AO, and going for his 6th straight Calendar Year Slam.

2. Nadal, having undergone a wondrous knee-operation, would be wondering if he wants to stick to Golf or Football (having tired of Tennis). He'll decide on Golf seeing that he can't get Spain to the Finals and the Cup by himself and he's tired of other stars from Real Madrid stealing his spotlight. He'll go on to become a 500-time Grand Slam champion in Golf, living till the ripe age of 258.

3. Donald Young loses to his 4 year-old son 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 in an exhibition match at Wimbledon

4. Djokovic gets a heart-attack after a particularly hard chest-pump which puts him out of Tennis (don't ask me how).

5. Murray decides Olympics are more prestigous than Grand Slams and wins his second Gold Medal at Rio, and eating Doritos on his couch waiting for the next one to come about.

PS - All trolls

forzamilan90 10-03-2012 04:28 PM

- Dimitrov will be a slam winner
- Federer will have 20 slams
- Nadal ends up with less slams than Sampras (will retire by then)

pound cat 10-03-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_pro (Post 6934108)
Type in whatever associates with tennis that could happen in the next 5 years. For the next generation to bump of course. I say:

- around 2015-2016 a new star born inbetween 1992-1994 emerges out of nowhere and dominates tennis for 2 years, possibly wins the Grand Slam (went full re***d there I know)
- Federer and Nadal will have retired by then, both will pick the very same tournament as their last
- there will be a Slam boycott in which 5 of the top 10 players won't participate

5 years???

I can't even predict what will happen in tennis tomorrow

kishnabe 10-03-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_pro (Post 6934108)

I hope he new star comes true except the CYGS......that would embaress Fedalovic.

No teenagers in the top100 by the end of 2013....I agree with that. Either the teenager becomes twenty or dissapear. Tomic....goodbye.

Fedal....won't pick thesame tournament as their last.

Nadal= Barcelona, or Madrid or French Open.

Federer= Wimbledon or Basel.

Slam Boycott....I hope it happens like it should in 2013 AO.

US Open organizers put a roof......:lol: :lol: :lol:....not gonna happen. They just gonna get burned each year predicting no rain in the second week.

jaggy 10-03-2012 06:09 PM

Donald Young wins Cincy and retires

NadalAgassi 10-03-2012 06:43 PM

Mine:

-Djokovic will end up with 9 slams, just shading Agassi's total. Something like 5 Australians, 1 French, 1 Wimbledon, 2 U.S Opens.

-Nadal will prove his critics/haters wrong and end up with atleast 15 slams, surpassing Sampras's total.

-Murray will end up with 5 slams.

-The next new slam winner will be in 2016 sometime.

-Raonic will win a slam, but possibly only 1.

-Tomic will never win a slam.

The men are mostly boring these days though with only a few players worth talking about until the next really good generation comes, since it sure is heck is not the Raonic/Tomic one, so I am far more interested in what will happen with the women. Some of my wild guesses would be:

-Serena will end up with roughly 20 slams, surpassing Chris and Martina, and setting the new unofficial slam mark given the asterixs next to Court (Australian Open inflated tally back when it was not real slam for women especialy), and Graf (Seles stabbing).

-Stosur will win a French, which will be her only other slam.

-Sharapova will win 1 or 2 more slams, but will continue her career of streak of never defending a slam title, never winning 2 slams in the same year, and possibly never winning a slam in back to back years.

-Azarenka will end up with atleast 4 slams by the end of 2017.

-Wozniacki will be retired before the end of 2017.

-Venus will still be playing at the time of the 2016 Olympics, no matter how much a complete non factor she is by then.

-Henin will attempt another comeback which will again fizzle out, and again retire.

-Clijsters will not attempt another comeback this time.

-Headcase Na will win another slam somehow before retiring.

-One and only one German player will win only 1 slam, not sure which it will be, most likely one of Kerber somewhere or Lisicki at Wimbledon (but not both)

-Radwanska will infurtiate the masses and win a slam.

-The grunting ban will not last.

-Robson will become a top 10 player and possibly win a slam sometime in the next 5 years.

General tennis:

-the U.S Open will install a roof

-Carillo will find herself unemployed on the commentary front

-Evert will be fired by ESPN before the end of 2017

-Wimbledon will be pushed further away from the French than it currently is

-The ATP will add a couple carpet events back