Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Help picking out a racquet (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441984)

chronosaurus 10-03-2012 04:33 PM

Help picking out a racquet

I want to upgrade from my Head TI evolution, to a racquet that let's me have good spin and better control of my power, which I think I have a lot of. My price range is 190$ or less.

MikeHitsHard93 10-03-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronosaurus (Post 6934277)
I want to upgrade from my Head TI evolution, to a racquet that let's me have good spin and better control of my power, which I think I have a lot of. My price range is 190$ or less.

How good are you/ what are your strengths and weaknesses?

chronosaurus 10-03-2012 07:00 PM

I've went to region this year and it's my first year playing high school. I think I need more control on spinning the ball and more control with my power, sometimes I hit it too hard and it won't stay in.

filphil 10-03-2012 07:22 PM

Was the Ti from a big box store like sports authority? Your description doesn't really tell us much and anyone giving you a good recommendation based solely on that would be difficult. Since you're not entirely sure on even what type of racket to switch to, do not spend the big bucks on the latest model.

TW has a large sale section and I recommend the yesteryear sticks. Almost any one of those rackets will give you more control and then you can go a step further and change string tension to control the depth of your shots.

chronosaurus 10-03-2012 07:50 PM

The Ti was bought from **** for my first racquet.

chronosaurus 10-03-2012 07:52 PM

was bought online*

filphil 10-03-2012 08:17 PM

Don't underestimate what a demo can do for you. I went through over 20 rackets over a course of 4 months before finding 3 or 4 that I would even consider in a purchase. You should be looking for a racket that "feels" nice in your hands and while you strike the ball. Don't worry about depth. You can change most other characteristics of a racket(weight, shot depth, balance, etc) but feel is one that you'll have to stick with.

MikeHitsHard93 10-04-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filphil (Post 6934548)
Don't underestimate what a demo can do for you. I went through over 20 rackets over a course of 4 months before finding 3 or 4 that I would even consider in a purchase. You should be looking for a racket that "feels" nice in your hands and while you strike the ball. Don't worry about depth. You can change most other characteristics of a racket(weight, shot depth, balance, etc) but feel is one that you'll have to stick with.

Agreed. Also don't buy a racket just because its what the cool kids are using. Make sure you can hit EVERY shot that's in your arsenal with good percentages. That's the beauty of demoing.