Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   If two of the same racquets.... (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=441989)

gahaha 10-03-2012 06:22 PM

If two of the same racquets....

...weigh the same, have the same balance, will their swing weight be the same?
I have two K 6.1 95 at 12.7 oz, with similar if not exact balance.

Of course they were not the same when bought, I had to use lead tape.

By balance I mean head balance.

anirut 10-03-2012 07:21 PM

The answer's a simple no, especially if different brands (or if it came through Wilson QC :P ).

gahaha 10-04-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anirut (Post 6934465)
The answer's a simple no, especially if different brands (or if it came through Wilson QC :P ).

Well its the same brand.

Rulo 10-04-2012 06:00 AM

Wilson QC

Wilson quality control simply sucks....I own an Ncode 6.1 Tour stock and the specs are waaaay too far from what Wilson says....

gahaha 10-04-2012 06:02 AM

Well thankfully the 2 sticks I got was only 3 grams apart, one was more HH than the other so I used some lead tape to match the head balance.

TennisCJC 10-04-2012 11:41 AM

Answer is NO.

Swing weight is a product of how the weight is distribute along the racket. So, you could have the same static weight and same balance but significantly different swing weight.

Imagine a 27" racket consisting of 10 sections of 2.7" each. If each 2.7" inch section had the exact same static weight and distribution of weight within a section; the balance would be even and let's says the swing weight was 320 grams which is a made up example.

Now, imagine you took 1 gram out if each of the eight middle sections for a total of 8 grams. Now split these 8 grams that you removed from the middle and put 4 grams in the 1st section at the handle and 4 gram in the last section at the tip of the head. The racket will still have the same static weight and balance, but the swing weight will be higher because you increased the weight at the very tip of the head section. Increasing weight at the handle has very little impact on swing weight.

SystemicAnomaly 10-04-2012 11:43 AM

^ Listen to this guy. He is absolutely correct about this.

LeeD 10-04-2012 11:46 AM

String weight, grip weight, grommet weight, all vary.

gahaha 10-04-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisCJC (Post 6935751)
Answer is NO.

Swing weight is a product of how the weight is distribute along the racket. So, you could have the same static weight and same balance but significantly different swing weight.

Imagine a 27" racket consisting of 10 sections of 2.7" each. If each 2.7" inch section had the exact same static weight and distribution of weight within a section; the balance would be even and let's says the swing weight was 320 grams which is a made up example.

Now, imagine you took 1 gram out if each of the eight middle sections for a total of 8 grams. Now split these 8 grams that you removed from the middle and put 4 grams in the 1st section at the handle and 4 gram in the last section at the tip of the head. The racket will still have the same static weight and balance, but the swing weight will be higher because you increased the weight at the very tip of the head section. Increasing weight at the handle has very little impact on swing weight.

Thanks for the detailed answer, the lead I put was at the throat to even the difference so I guess swing weight of both racquets should be similar.