Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   This video makes me believe those that think Murray is more talented than RN and ND (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442035)

dangalak 10-04-2012 06:25 AM

This video makes me believe those that think Murray is more talented than RN and ND
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVZ2yY-GDB8

Lemme guess: he lost and therefore it means nothing. :rolleyes:

Some of the shots he pulls of here are like a savant being at work. Sure Djokovic and Nadal are BETTER players, but I don't think they have the kind of tennis gift that allows Murray to play the way that he does. They win because they do ordinary things better than Murray. Murray is more talented IMO because he does extraordinairy things better. Talent=/=being better.

He may not be in the Nalbandian/Federer class of talent but :shock:

EDIT: This is the actual video. www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTnjCZr35NI

But you can watch the first one anyway.

Mainad 10-04-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangalak (Post 6935076)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVZ2yY-GDB8

Lemme guess: he lost and therefore it means nothing. :rolleyes:

Some of the shots he pulls of here are like a savant being at work. Sure Djokovic and Nadal are BETTER players, but I don't think they have the kind of tennis gift that allows Murray to play the way that he does. They win because they do ordinary things better than Murray. Murray is more talented IMO because he does extraordinairy things better. Talent=/=being better.

He may not be in the Nalbandian/Federer class of talent but :shock:

Wow! A thread that actually acknowledges Murray has some talent! Is that a first for TTW? :shock:

I completely agree with you but I'm not sure if a video of a Federer-Hewitt match is the best way to illustrate this! :wink:

rommil 10-04-2012 06:35 AM

This was when Murray was Australian.

dangalak 10-04-2012 06:40 AM

:lol:

Sorry guys.

Still massive defense by Fed. :)

Clarky21 10-04-2012 06:41 AM

I don't think he's more talented than ****,but he is definitely more talented than Nadal.

Cormorant 10-04-2012 06:44 AM

Safin, Hewitt, Roddick and Federer -they could certainly hold a candle or two to the present Big Four. Throw in Ferrer, Del Potro and Tsonga/Berdych/Soderling, we could've had a Big Ten in 2008/2009. Curse you medical science for progressing so slowly!

RF20Lennon 10-04-2012 06:46 AM

Murray is more talented than nadal or djokovic but they both are better players

sunof tennis 10-04-2012 06:50 AM

I had forgotten that match. Pleasantly surprised to see Murray serve and volley. He has good hands.

batz 10-04-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangalak (Post 6935076)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVZ2yY-GDB8

Lemme guess: he lost and therefore it means nothing. :rolleyes:

Some of the shots he pulls of here are like a savant being at work. Sure Djokovic and Nadal are BETTER players, but I don't think they have the kind of tennis gift that allows Murray to play the way that he does. They win because they do ordinary things better than Murray. Murray is more talented IMO because he does extraordinairy things better. Talent=/=being better.

He may not be in the Nalbandian/Federer class of talent but :shock:

EDIT: This is the actual video. www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTnjCZr35NI

But you can watch the first one anyway.


Meh. It was probably just windy that day.

AnotherTennisProdigy 10-04-2012 07:25 AM

I've always thought Murray was the most talented when the 3 came along, he just didn't maximize his potential as well as the other 2. Nadal used his potential the best.

The Bawss 10-04-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batz (Post 6935229)
Meh. It was probably just windy that day.

I see what you did there and had it not been sarcastic, I would have liked it!

MichaelNadal 10-04-2012 08:56 AM

What are we basing talent on and how can someone be more talented than someone with much better results? I don't feel one way or another, just trying to make sense of it.

batz 10-04-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelNadal (Post 6935394)
What are we basing talent on and how can someone be more talented than someone with much better results? I don't feel one way or another, just trying to make sense of it.

Well said. I'm struggling to see how Rafa, with his 11 measly slams, is less talented than Murrray.

dangalak 10-04-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelNadal (Post 6935394)
What are we basing talent on and how can someone be more talented than someone with much better results? I don't feel one way or another, just trying to make sense of it.

By being a worse player.

Quote:

Originally Posted by batz (Post 6935413)
Well said. I'm struggling to see how Rafa, with his 11 measly slams, is less talented than Murrray.

Do you actually watch him play? How could Rafa be more talented than Murray. Has he ever shown the kind of skill and variety that Murray showed in that video?

You probably also think that Roddick is more talented than Nalbandian and Soderling is more talented than Santoro. :lol:

Talented doesn't meant quality. But I was naive in expecting everyone to understand this.

Basically, what Nalbandian and Santoro, for example, have over the likes of Soderling and Roddick, is talent.

batz 10-04-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangalak (Post 6935442)
By being a worse player.



Do you actually watch him play? How could Rafa be more talented than Murray. Has he ever shown the kind of skill and variety that Murray showed in that video?

You probably also think that Roddick is more talented than Nalbandian and Soderling is more talented than Santoro. :lol:

Talented doesn't meant quality. But I was naive in expecting everyone to understand this.

Basically, what Nalbandian and Santoro, for example, have over the likes of Soderling and Roddick, is talent.



I've seen a couple of Andy's matches down the years.

I've seen Nadal play with plenty of skill and variety, especially on clay and grass.

NadalDramaQueen 10-04-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangalak (Post 6935442)
By being a worse player.



Do you actually watch him play? How could Rafa be more talented than Murray. Has he ever shown the kind of skill and variety that Murray showed in that video?

You probably also think that Roddick is more talented than Nalbandian and Soderling is more talented than Santoro. :lol:

Talented doesn't meant quality. But I was naive in expecting everyone to understand this.

Basically, what Nalbandian and Santoro, for example, have over the likes of Soderling and Roddick, is talent.

In other words, talent is a term that is free from the constraints of reality. Let your imagination run wild!

Trust in flawed, human perception, we must! Dangalak has showed us the true path!

dangalak 10-04-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batz (Post 6935460)
I've seen a couple of Andy's matches down the years.

I've seen Nadal play with plenty of skill and variety, especially on clay and grass.

A: "Karlovic is taller than Nadal."
B: "How is that possible, he has won 11 fewer majors than Nadal."

A: "Monfils is more athletic than Nadal"
B: "How is that possible, he has won 11 fewer majors than Nadal."

A: "Murray is more talented than Nadal."
B: "How is that possible, he has 10 fewer majors than Nadal."

Get it now? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...CZr35NI#t=355s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...CZr35NI#t=130s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...CZr35NI#t=154s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...CZr35NI#t=198s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...CZr35NI#t=219s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...CZr35NI#t=258s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...CZr35NI#t=309s

This is why I consider him more talented than Nadal.

dangalak 10-04-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalDramaQueen (Post 6935486)
In other words, talent is a term that is free from the constraints of reality. Let your imagination run wild!

Trust in flawed, human perception, we must! Dangalak has showed us the true path!

Oh stop being so sore for God's sake.

Sim 10-04-2012 09:55 AM

Murray may have more more shots that he can show off, but what Nadal and Djokovic do, they do it extremely well. (well enough to win 11 and 5 slams respectively).

dangalak 10-04-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sim (Post 6935516)
Murray may have more more shots that he can show off, but what Nadal and Djokovic do, they do it extremely well. (well enough to win 11 and 5 slams respectively).

Hence why I said that they are BETTER. I mean, if you watch my clips and still disagree, fine.

But he is making Nadal look awfully stupid in some of those rallies. I rarely had the same feeling with Nadal. At least never with that extent.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse