What is the swingweight of my customized racquet?
I don't have RDC machine and I tried the manual measurement way of TW but I don't understand how to do that.
The unstrung specs in stock condition of my PK Black Ace 98 are:
Weight: 315 grams
Balance: 9 pts HL
I customized my BA98 as follows:
- 8 grams of silicone gel into the handle (filled about 5 cm deep from the butt cap);
- 1 layer of lead from 8-10 and 4-2 o'clock position
- 2 layers of lead from 10-2 o'clock position (bumper guard area)
- Babolat leather grip (about 23 grams trimmed)
- Yonex Super Grap overgrip (about 6 grams)
Total weight (strung with Head RIP Control 17):357 grams
Balance: 7 pts HL (32 cm)
Maybe someone can estimate the swingweight of my heavily customized Black Aces. I would appreciate that very much.
You could have it measured by Racquet Priority, which is not too far away from you, if I'm not mistaken...
I 'll contact him if he is prepared to measure my racquets.
I would swag-a-mate about 340-345 but there is no way to telling.
1. go to Apple App Store and buy the iPhone swing weight app for about $3. String and grip your racket to the point where it is ready to be played. Then you still have to hang it from 2 pencils, enter the hang distance, actually balance and total weight into the app. Then, you swing it and point the iPhone camera at the center of the handle as it swings. The app will calculate swing weight. Do it 2 or 3 times and average the numbers. You need 2 pencils, a gram scale, a measuring tape in CM and possibly a balance board. If you don't have a balance board, use the lay the head on a flat table method to get the balance.
2. Try using the manually racket customization tool and enter all the changes you made. It will estimate new SW, twist weight and balance.
My PK Ki 5x is 355.7g and 8.5 pts head light with all the accessories on it. Also, it is 27.375" (slightly longer than standard). I used SwingTool on the iPhone to measure the swingweight at 351.
I'm guessing yours would be about 360.
Well,... I am very pressed about your estimatizations.
Today I went to a racquet shop who owns a Prince Tuning Center and have him measured my BA98.
To my surprise the swingweight measured is 358 kg/cm².
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:58 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse