Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   In terms of actual skill, who is more talented between Federer and young Nalbandian? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442040)

Mike Sams 10-04-2012 06:53 AM

In terms of actual skill, who is more talented between Federer and young Nalbandian?

I know Nalbandian used to give Federer a lot of fits in the earlier days, even in defeat, and Nalbandian never dedicated his life to his craft.
In terms of pure talent and ball striking skills, who is better between them?

dangalak 10-04-2012 06:57 AM

Ballstriking skills, Nalbandian, that's for sure.

Both are more or less evenly talented in terms of tennis, but Federer is the better athlete.

Let's not even get into things like mental toughness, dedication and serve. :lol:

RF20Lennon 10-04-2012 06:57 AM

I think their both extremely talented but federers natural ability is just phenomenal

RF20Lennon 10-04-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangalak (Post 6935161)

Both are more or less evenly talented in terms of tennis, but Federer is the better athlete.

Let's not even get into things like mental toughness, dedication and serve. :lol:

Yes defs I agree!!!

Mortifier 10-04-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Yup, it's almost ridiculous how sure you are of this. Fed's forehand is top 20 in the world at best. His backhand? Worse than any other one-hander I've seen. Where is that 100 sq inch racquet again...?

dangalak 10-04-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortifier (Post 6935179)
Yup, it's almost ridiculous how sure you are of this. Fed's forehand is top 20 in the world at best. His backhand? Worse than any other one-hander I've seen. Where is that 100 sq inch racquet again...?

Do you even know what ballstriking is?

Hint: serial shankers are excempt from that club. :lol:

Sim 10-04-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortifier (Post 6935179)

Backhand to backhand, Nalbandian bosses Federer around :lol:

nereis 10-04-2012 07:14 AM

Anyone who has seen Nalbandian's match with Federer in the 2003 Australian Open and in their indoor matches would agree that David has the better pure ballstriking skills. Despite being 5'11 (at best) he just has the ability to outhit just about anyone on tour once shotmaking becomes more important than movement as is in an indoor tournament.

Federer has been so successful due to his superior mental toughness, match fitness and movement.

Alexandros 10-04-2012 08:26 AM

Nalbandian's talent is immensely overrated on these boards, I'd take Federer by a country mile.

MichaelNadal 10-04-2012 08:44 AM

Still Federer for me, no question.

kishnabe 10-04-2012 08:56 AM

Federer.....

pvaudio 10-04-2012 08:59 AM

I really don't understand why people hype up Nalbandian so much here.

Iron Man 10-04-2012 08:59 AM

what did Nalbandian do in his whole career ?
No tennis player can be compared to Federer in terms of skill or talent

Limpinhitter 10-04-2012 09:02 AM

Neither! The Rocket!

dangalak 10-04-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandros (Post 6935351)
Nalbandian's talent is immensely overrated on these boards, I'd take Federer by a country mile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvaudio (Post 6935405)
I really don't understand why people hype up Nalbandian so much here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Man (Post 6935406)
what did Nalbandian do in his whole career ?
No tennis player can be compared to Federer in terms of skill or talent

Every time somebody makes a decent and interesting thread, these people have to stink the place up.

1. No Nalbandian's talent isn't "immensely overrated" on these forums. You just happen to be a glory hunter who isn't smart enough to distinguish true ability without having a dozen of trophies next to it.

2. People hype up Nalbandian so much because he is in all likelihood one of the most gifted player in history.

3. Another johnny come lately that cannot comprehend the meaning of the question of "WHO IS MORE TALENTED". Are you aware, how OFTEN Naldandian has made your idol look like a jock?

Prisoner of Birth 10-04-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangalak (Post 6935457)
Every time somebody makes a decent and interesting thread, these people have to stink the place up.

1. No Nalbandian's talent isn't "immensely overrated" on these forums. You just happen to be a glory hunter who isn't smart enough to distinguish true ability without having a dozen of trophies next to it.

2. People hype up Nalbandian so much because he is in all likelihood one of the most gifted player in history.

3. Another johnny come lately that cannot comprehend the meaning of the question of "WHO IS MORE TALENTED". Are you aware, how OFTEN Naldandian has made your idol look like a jock?

True. True. True. Safin and Nalbandian had the talent to win 20 Grand Slams between them; just not the temperament.

Tony48 10-04-2012 10:07 AM

Nalbandian was incredibly talented. Federer, however, was just even more talented.

BauerAlmeida 10-04-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

This.

Not sure about mental toughness though. I don't think Nalbandian was bad in that aspect and Federer wasn't that good to be honest.

But I completely agree on the rest.

dangalak 10-04-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida (Post 6935705)
This.

Not sure about mental toughness though. I don't think Nalbandian was bad in that aspect and Federer wasn't that good to be honest.

But I completely agree on the rest.

:? Seriously, still vulturing that H2H?

Federer is one of the clutchest guys ever.

BauerAlmeida 10-04-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangalak (Post 6935711)
:? Seriously, still vulturing that H2H?

Federer is one of the clutchest guys ever.

What H2H??? Federer isn't that clutch. That is his main weakness IMO.

He choked a lot of matches he was in a clear position to win. vs Nalbandian MC 2005, vs Safin AO 2005, vs Delpo USO 2009, vs Nadal Rome 2006, vs Hewitt DC 2003, vs Djokovic USO 2011, vs Djokovic USO 2010, and I can go on.

Of course he is not Feliciano Lopez, but he is far behind Sampras or Nadal in that aspect IMO.