Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   No Love for Adidas Adizero Feather II? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442070)

Hankenstein 10-04-2012 01:17 PM

No Love for Adidas Adizero Feather II?

To my surprise i see virtually no talk about the relatively new Adizero Feather II!? Why? I bought the Feather II and to my surprise its a extremely good shoe!

All the things i disliked about the Adizero Feather I is changed on Feather II and its a really really good shoe. Extremely fast! Very solid! Good cushioning! Interesting sole!

For me, a big swedish guy at 6,5 and 225 lbs, i need good solid shoes and this shoe is a perfect match for me.

What is your thoughts on the Feather II?

ArliHawk 10-04-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankenstein (Post 6935829)
To my surprise i see virtually no talk about the relatively new Adizero Feather II!? Why? I bought the Feather II and to my surprise its a extremely good shoe!

All the things i disliked about the Adizero Feather I is changed on Feather II and its a really really good shoe. Extremely fast! Very solid! Good cushioning! Interesting sole!

For me, a big swedish guy at 6,5 and 225 lbs, i need good solid shoes and this shoe is a perfect match for me.

Love it, it is a fantastic shoes. If you look at the customer feedback, it appears to be quite popular. And Chris gave it a favorable review as well. Great shoe.

mrcalon 10-04-2012 01:32 PM

Can you compare to the barricade or vapor 9?

I have barricade and vapor. Contemplating whether or not to get another barricade or try out the feathers.

Really like the support on the b's. The v's are ok, but occasionally i notice the impact on hard landings which makes me a bit more nervous with them.

Hankenstein 10-04-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrcalon (Post 6935856)
Can you compare to the barricade or vapor 9?

I have barricade and vapor. Contemplating whether or not to get another barricade or try out the feathers.

Really like the support on the b's. The v's are ok, but occasionally i notice the impact on hard landings which makes me a bit more nervous with them.

I have not tried the latest Barricades but i used Barricade I to V and I thought the Barricades just got harder and harder and i just didnt like them at all in the end. Narrow and a lack of cushioning.

The Vapor 9 is also an excellent shoe. What i feel is different between Vapor 9 and Feather II is that the Feather II is a tad lower to the ground and a bit faster. I also love the sole-pattern on the Feather. Its not so aggressive as some other herringbone-patterns.

The Vapor 9 is an excellent shoe as well and its like choosing between Coke and Pepsi. Its just personal preferences, but against Boyalan Suger Cane Cola equilant of shoes, the GSOAT, the Asics Gel Res II, they still have a long path to walk :)

tguru 10-09-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankenstein (Post 6935829)

Hey Hank, I'm almost as big as you and probably much older. The speed or ergonnomics of the various Feathers has been up and down over the years. This one is the best and the lightest. No complaints other than the price. How's that, big fella?

Strober 10-15-2012 02:20 PM

best shoe i have played in since barricade II, i have very wide forefoot and these are amazing for me, on US HC the grip is incredible, only issue is the tread pattern is designed for US HC so in UK where there are often wet courts the grip is dangerous not sure re durability yet, but i hear pros are killing a pair in less than a week

zagalab 10-15-2012 09:55 PM

I just wish they'd go on sale so I could buy a pair!

[d]ragon 10-15-2012 10:39 PM

Been wanting to get a pair but quite frankly, the colorways are rather weird to me

ductrung3993 10-16-2012 10:20 PM

Tried one pair out today, pure GOATness. These may outperform my V9s. Unfortunately I'm not buying one until they go on sale...

EDIT: oops, looks like that they're on sale now :D

T21D 10-25-2012 01:39 PM

Adidas hit a home run with both the barricades and adi0 feather 2's. BTW- check your local outlet. Got BOTH euro cw's for $162 tax included.

ArliHawk 10-25-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T21D (Post 6974910)
Adidas hit a home run with both the barricades and adi0 feather 2's. BTW- check your local outlet. Got BOTH euro cw's for $162 tax included.

You got these at local outlet in the US? Have a pair of the reds, but would love another.

T21D 10-25-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArliHawk (Post 6974981)
You got these at local outlet in the US? Have a pair of the reds, but would love another.

YES, they have a buy one and get the other 50% off. Yes, the shoes were the same price as TW.

scottgreenwell 10-25-2012 06:38 PM

I have a pair of the Red in size 12 if someone wants to make me an offer I can't refuse.

Hankenstein 10-28-2012 10:43 AM

The red Feather IIs looks so sexy! =)

ductrung3993 10-28-2012 04:30 PM

[IMG][/IMG]

Sean4016 10-29-2012 10:23 AM

I would love a pair of red feather II's. My outlets don't even carry feathers around me.

Tony II 11-02-2012 03:24 AM

I expect TWE to offer clay version. They promised two color versions to be available - sometime in January / March '13.

I guess this will be ... white/silver & white/infrared ...

TroutSc 11-02-2012 04:31 AM

i wanted to try these but couldnt get past the silver. Grey or black would look good. the silver for some reason just turned me off, metallic spray paint comes to mind. How does the silver wear?

Hankenstein 11-02-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ductrung3993 (Post 6980543)
[IMG][/IMG]

Just ordered this shoe as well =)