Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Is Raonic out of his mind or he just expect too much from himself? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442114)

Paullaconte1 10-05-2012 01:07 AM

Is Raonic out of his mind or he just expect too much from himself?
 
Raonic had another funny interview when he said he didn't really serve well with Tipsarevic.

He did 24 aces in 16 games, won 87% of the points on his serve and Tipsarevic has never been close to break him (no break points for Tipsi).

Here Raonic funny interview.
http://www.tennistonic.com/view_tenn...12-Tokyo-semis

I have 4 theories:
1- He is out of his mind;
2- He can't read a game;
3- He expect too much from his serve and his tennis;
4- He is right and he should serve at least 3 aces per game (!!!!:confused::confused::confused:????)

I am mixed up about this.

batz 10-05-2012 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paullaconte1 (Post 6936725)
Raonic had another funny interview when he said he didn't really serve well with Tipsarevic.

He did 24 aces in 16 games, won 87% of the points on his serve and Tipsarevic has never been close to break him (no break points for Tipsi).

Here Raonic funny interview.
http://www.tennistonic.com/view_tenn...12-Tokyo-semis

I have 4 theories:
1- He is out of his mind;
2- He can't read a game;
3- He expect too much from his serve and his tennis;
4- He is right and he should serve at least 3 aces per game (!!!!:confused::confused::confused:????)

I am mixed up about this.


You sure mate? Didn't they play 34 games?

NadalAgassi 10-05-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batz (Post 6936732)
You sure mate? Didn't they play 34 games?

16 service games and 2 tiebreaks of serving, so I guess it depends how you define it. Either way 24 aces is great in only a 3 set match. Raonic indeed is a bit crazy if he said he served bad.

Hawkeye7 10-05-2012 01:39 AM

I was wondering the same thing.

batz 10-05-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalAgassi (Post 6936736)
16 service games and 2 tiebreaks of serving, so I guess it depends how you define it. Either way 24 aces is great in only a 3 set match. Raonic indeed is a bit crazy if he said he served bad.

Fair point - he was only serving for 16 games. Doh!:oops: What a muppet I am! Agree 100% - I saw the last 2 sets of his match and he looked like he was serving fine to me.

6-1 6-3 6-0 10-05-2012 02:14 AM

I think Raonic is just accepting that he'll have a career just like Karlovic's, with occasional wins over top players but never cracking the top 10.

wy2sl0 10-05-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 6936761)
I think Raonic is just accepting that he'll have a career just like Karlovic's, with occasional wins over top players but never cracking the top 10.

When he beat Murray on clay this year it was from his ground game mostly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GfkZjcwJ8k

About 10 times better. Period.

Karlovic can't even hit a backhand. Get lost troll.

Russeljones 10-05-2012 05:00 AM

How many points played on own serve and TB? Judging aces/game is pointless.

RAFA2005RG 10-05-2012 05:22 AM

Raonic likes to talk, he is just a talker. A horrible slam player, a poor mover, an inconsistent ground game, very limited potential. A poor man's Berdych/Tsonga.

TheCanadian 10-05-2012 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 6936935)
Raonic likes to talk, he is just a talker. A horrible slam player, a poor mover, an inconsistent ground game, very limited potential. A poor man's Berdych/Tsonga.

Only on this forum can a player who's still in his early 20's and about to crack the top 10 be described as possessing "limited potential" by teenagers who can't even win a club championship.

RAFA2005RG 10-05-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCanadian (Post 6936992)
Only on this forum can a player who's still in his early 20's and about to crack the top 10 be described as possessing "limited potential" by teenagers who can't even win a club championship.

The only reason why Raonic is ranked high early in his career is because his serve was a top class level from day one. He hasn't shown potential in any other aspect. Very average player outside of the serve. Where's the potential?

Devilito 10-05-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 6936998)
The only reason why Raonic is ranked high early in his career is because his serve was a top class level from day one. He hasn't shown potential in any other aspect. Very average player outside of the serve. Where's the potential?

Best serve on tour, one of the best forehands that constantly improving, a very solid net game, a solid mental game, and a backhand and return game that's obviously improving from earlier in the year. His entire career is 1/2 year last year and this is his first full year played on tour and it's not even over yet. So at the end of the year you'll be looking at a top 10 player that's played an entire 18 months on tour. It’s very obvious you have limited understanding of the sport. I mean, how many slams should a player with 18 months on tour have won so far?

nethawkwenatchee 10-05-2012 06:53 AM

This guy has a great serve and everyone knows it. The truth is: he's trying to play the classic "I can win when I'm not playing my best" routine... a phsyc game to put mental pressure on future opponents. A guy like this wants as much media coverage about how good he is. The more positive reinforcment, the more "factor" he becomes in the mind of future opponents. This won't matter much with his next opponent (Andy), who has already figured out that all he has to do is exploit Milos reletive weak movement, serve and return well (which he's been doing consistnatly as of late)

PeteD 10-05-2012 07:01 AM

Milos beat Tipsy (who was rude as ever), but barely. He almost lost the final TB and only clutch serving saved him. He should have won the 1st set TB -- maybe that was the serving he was complaining about.

RAFA2005RG 10-05-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilito (Post 6937030)
Best serve on tour, one of the best forehands that constantly improving, a very solid net game, a solid mental game, and a backhand and return game that's obviously improving from earlier in the year. His entire career is 1/2 year last year and this is his first full year played on tour and it's not even over yet. So at the end of the year you'll be looking at a top 10 player that's played an entire 18 months on tour. Itís very obvious you have limited understanding of the sport. I mean, how many slams should a player with 18 months on tour have won so far?

You said he had a solid mental game :lol: yet he chokes repeatedly in 3rd sets. You said he has ONE OF THE BEST FOREHANDS :lol: compared to whom? Does one of the best mean top 50? or top 5? Sure, a solid net game. That's the only thing I agree with. Oh, and "best serve on tour" is a very dicey thing to say. There are many with great serves. He's not doing to well at the slams for someone with the best serve on tour :lol:

norbac 10-05-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilito (Post 6937030)
Best serve on tour, one of the best forehands that constantly improving, a very solid net game, a solid mental game, and a backhand and return game that's obviously improving from earlier in the year. His entire career is 1/2 year last year and this is his first full year played on tour and it's not even over yet. So at the end of the year you'll be looking at a top 10 player that's played an entire 18 months on tour. Itís very obvious you have limited understanding of the sport. I mean, how many slams should a player with 18 months on tour have won so far?

I don't think his FH is even top 10. Seen him net a lot of rally balls on that side that don't even make it halfway over the net.

Gut Check 10-05-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 6937355)
Oh, and "best serve on tour" is a very dicey thing to say. There are many with great serves.

Indeed, we cannot have a legitimate discussion about best serve on the tour (or best anything on the tour for that matter) without including Rafa as a candidate.

Rafa must also be included as a candidate in any legitimate discussion about best underwear adverts. Rafa's left handed modeling poses cannot be defeated as they cross over to Beckham's weaker right hand poses.

RAFA2005RG 10-05-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gut Check (Post 6937398)
Indeed, we cannot have a legitimate discussion about best serve on the tour (or best anything on the tour for that matter) without including Rafa as a candidate.

Rafa must also be included as a candidate in any legitimate discussion about best underwear adverts. Rafa's left handed modeling poses cannot be defeated as they cross over to Beckham's weaker right hand poses.

You brought up Nadal. Not me. Your obsession is obvious, and it extends beyond tennis, oddly.

Gut Check 10-05-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 6937409)
You brought up Nadal. Not me. Your obsession is obvious, and it extends beyond tennis, oddly.

Obvious obsession is obvious. Rafa FTW.

ruerooo 10-05-2012 11:04 AM

Sounds like he has high standards for himself. Most potential champions do.

(Are you guys going to stop arguing about Rafa in a thread that's not even about him? :shock: Have some cocoa. Have a drink.)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse