Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Need help from experienced string breakers!! WITH POLL (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442197)

rk960925 10-05-2012 08:49 PM

Need help from experienced string breakers!! WITH POLL

Hi so I'm currently using 2 Wilson Prostaff 6.1 90 with Champion's choice string.

I have Wilson natural gut in the main at 54, and Alu rough in the cross at 52.

As I understand that I will probably break my strings soon (I've been playing for 2 hours a day 6 days a week), which string should I use to restring if the current strings break?

The only reason I'm looking for new strings is that Champion's choice is kinda expensive and cant afford to get it every time it breaks. Is there any other strings that feels similar to Champion's choice but cheaper??

Or should I just spend $30 every time the string breaks just because its feel and ballpocketing made from this combination is worth the money??

Thanks in advance!!

BTW I ADDED THE POLL THIS POST.
SRY FOR THE DOUBLE POSTING....

filphil 10-05-2012 08:54 PM

How many hours are you getting off of a single string bed? Do you use Wilson CC on both your rackets?

Replacing your gut with pacific classic will cut down the cost of your string bed. I can't say you'll like the feel of it as that's something you'll have to feel for yourself. My cost for my string bed on the sig is less than $40, being split between two rackets. That's a reasonable cost for me and I'm sure I can get over 12 hours from this. I'm praying for 20 though. :)

rk960925 10-05-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filphil (Post 6938372)
How many hours are you getting off of a single string bed? Do you use Wilson CC on both your rackets?

Replacing your gut with pacific classic will cut down the cost of your string bed. I can't say you'll like the feel of it as that's something you'll have to feel for yourself. My cost for my string bed on the sig is less than $40, being split between two rackets. That's a reasonable cost for me and I'm sure I can get over 12 hours from this. I'm praying for 20 though. :)

Well I'm not sure how much I'll get out of it since I got this racquet strung last wednesday so about 5 hours for now cause of the rain :P
Well I'll definitely consider your suggestion.
Thx

OHBH 10-05-2012 10:15 PM

I know natural gut is the best but there are much cheaper alternatives. I find there are plenty of high quality synthetics that have great ball pocketing and feel like gut strings. Technifibre NRG2, Isospeed profesional 17, Alpha Gut 2000 17, and the like. And luxilon loses tension far too quickly to be worth the price for me at least. Making your own combo is the way to go, as a plus I find experimenting to always be a fun endeavor.

fortun8son 10-05-2012 11:48 PM

The Lux dies fast, so if you are not a 'Champion' who can change strings before every match, choose a cheaper, longer lasting alternative.
Even if you decide to stay with Wilson Gut, something like SPPP or Outlast or RedCode will last longer as a cross and save a few $$$.
Some will recommend restringing crosses...a controversial alternative.

xFullCourtTenniSx 10-06-2012 09:28 AM

Definitely not worth it. I outlined alternatives in your other thread.