Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Shanghai draw analysis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442227)

RogerFan1991 10-06-2012 07:03 AM

Shanghai draw analysis

Shanghai draw is out, Federer and Murray are in the same half, with Monaco as highest seed in Roger's quarter and Isner in Andy's side.
Djokovic has been drawn with tipsarevic as best seed in his quarter, while Tsonga, Berdych, Raonic and Nishikori are in the other quarter.
So....what do you think? For me its even for both federer and djokovic, murray justy lost to raonic, showing he is getting trouble to find cocnsistency in tournaments outside slams, and in Nole's side, Tsonga is in good form, he won last week, and is playing beijing final vs djokovic tomorrow. In terms of big names i think djokovic half is more challenging.

Romismak 10-06-2012 07:09 AM

Most interresting things about Shanghai:

1. Murray is in Rogerīs half so relatively easy for Nole to make F

2. Berdych finally top 4 seeded and he has very tough draw with Nishikori again, than possible Tsonga or Raonic - Tsonga toughest among 5-8 seeded guys and Raonic possible Tokyo champion + he defeated him in Canada few weeks ago

VPhuc tennis fan 10-06-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerFan1991 (Post 6939018)
Shanghai draw is out, Federer and Murray are in the same half, with Monaco as highest seed in Roger's quarter and Isner in Andy's side.
Djokovic has been drawn with tipsarevic as best seed in his quarter, while Tsonga, Berdych, Raonic and Nishikori are in the other quarter.
So....what do you think? For me its even for both federer and djokovic, murray justy lost to raonic, showing he is getting trouble to find cocnsistency in tournaments outside slams, and in Nole's side, Tsonga is in good form, he won last week, and is playing beijing final vs djokovic tomorrow. In terms of big names i think djokovic half is more challenging.

True. Although I believe that Andy is trying to up his game for the rest of the year. Even if he doesn't win anything at all, he may try to get to the SF or final to fine tune his game for WTF or AO later. Based on that, Fed's draw seems to be a bit tougher than Djoker

RAFA2005RG 10-06-2012 08:35 PM

And should Murray make the semis, he will take the Federer match extremely seriously, because he knows how important it is to step on your rival's throat when you have him down (which Murray barely does, as he's only won the last match, lost Wimbledon final).

Clarky21 10-06-2012 08:38 PM

Another cake draw for the king of cake draws. **** is the luckiest player in the history of the sport.

Sentinel 10-06-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 6940020)
Another cake draw for the king of cake draws. **** is the luckiest player in the history of the sport.

Really ? He was deprived of the USO by heavy gales, the Wimbledon by a roof, the French by a rain delay and so on.

RAFA2005RG 10-06-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel (Post 6940060)
Really ? He was deprived of the USO by heavy gales, the Wimbledon by a roof, the French by a rain delay and so on.

French rain delay? They should have gone off half an hour earlier. They played in the rain until the balls were so soaked they were like heavy sponges rather than tennis balls. I mean, you are aware that Roland Garros matches do have rain delays, right? They don't play in the rain forever.....

And then it rained the next day too (just not as much) and Djokovic still got broke twice in the 4th set.

beast of mallorca 10-06-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 6940076)
French rain delay? They should have gone off half an hour earlier. They played in the rain until the balls were so soaked they were like heavy sponges rather than tennis balls. I mean, you are aware that Roland Garros matches do have rain delays, right? They don't play in the rain forever.....

And then it rained the next day too (just not as much) and Djokovic still got broke twice in the 4th set.

You should know Senti by now. He was just yoking :)

-RF- 10-07-2012 03:19 AM

Another easy draw for Nole.......... disgrace

Zarfot Z 10-07-2012 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -RF- (Post 6940390)

Look at the draw Federer had at the Olympics and Cincinnati.

You can't say that without sounding like a fist class hypocrite.

Sentinel 10-07-2012 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beast of mallorca (Post 6940184)
You should know Senti by now. He was just yoking :)

You should know Bullzie by now. He gets trolled real easy. :)

cc0509 10-07-2012 07:05 AM

Djokovic should have no problem making it to the final whereas a probable Federer vs Murray match-up is a much tougher proposition for Federer.

Clarky21 10-07-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarfot Z (Post 6940411)
Look at the draw Federer had at the Olympics and Cincinnati.

You can't say that without sounding like a fist class hypocrite.

Oh,please. Over the past 2 years,**** has been as fortunate with draws(and everything else for that matter)as any player I have ever seen. His draws are always Twinkie,and he gets all the breaks. I'll be glad when his extreme luck finally runs out.

tennis_pro 10-07-2012 07:53 AM

Draw analysis is pointless since late June. It's only about which half of the draw Murray lands in, and once again it's Federer's.

TheF1Bob 10-07-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Still in denial I see.

Quote:

100% FACT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 6940076)

Nadal is a cheat. Deal with it. 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by -RF- (Post 6940390)

Yeah, it's not like Fed has inherited Nadal's cakewalk draws for last few months. :roll:

kishnabe 10-07-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Your hate for Djokovic is delusional.

There is data from someone on the boards who showed that Djokovic had the toughest avg of seeds in GS draws since 2008.

That same date showed Nadal has the easiest avg of seeds in his GS draws.

Federer had his share of cakewalk draws and Nadal even more. Djokovic had to deal with these two giants for his wins....so that makes it even tougher.

The only cakewalk draw that Nole got was 2012 US Open with the absence of Nadal.

The Bawss 10-07-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishnabe (Post 6940856)
Your hate for Djokovic is delusional.

There is data from someone on the boards who showed that Djokovic had the toughest avg of seeds in GS draws since 2008.

That same date showed Nadal has the easiest avg of seeds in his GS draws.

Federer had his share of cakewalk draws and Nadal even more. Djokovic had to deal with these two giants for his wins....so that makes it even tougher.

The only cakewalk draw that Nole got was 2012 US Open with the absence of Nadal.

Who did he play of worth in Toronto? He played chokequet in the final. How about beijing? clownga. Come on stop denying it.

dangalak 10-07-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

What? How? It's not like he is Berdych. There is no reason why the wind helps Murray more than Djokovic.

Clarky21 10-07-2012 10:50 AM

Kishnabe is in some serious denial about ****'s draws/luck.

And do not give me that crap about him having to beat Fed and Nadal to win his titles. He certainly wasn't beating either of them on the regular until they declined,and he found Dr. Igor.

Clarky21 10-07-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 6940905)
Who did he play of worth in Toronto? He played chokequet in the final. How about beijing? clownga. Come on stop denying it.

Toronto was so bad this year it was practically a challenger event,and Beijing was almost just as bad. His draws and luck have been off the charts over the past two years.