Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   For those of you who think Fed doesn't care about the year-end-no-1 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442279)

tennis_pro 10-07-2012 12:02 AM

For those of you who think Fed doesn't care about the year-end-no-1
 
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...o-1-Fight.aspx

Zildite 10-07-2012 12:06 AM

He hopes to finish at number 1, yeah why wouldn't he?

tennis_pro 10-07-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zildite (Post 6940232)
He hopes to finish at number 1, yeah why wouldn't he?

He says he wants to "put in max effort" and see how it goes from there. That's enough for me.

Bk_Mais 10-07-2012 12:13 AM

"I've already reached my goal by getting back to World No. 1 in the summer. That was for me the goal, getting back there and winning a Grand Slam, particularly Wimbledon, plus the Olympic gold medal is a big thing for me as well.
"

uh.. When did he win the Olympic gold ?? Surely a typo or did he actually say it ?

tennis_pro 10-07-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bk_Mais (Post 6940242)
"I've already reached my goal by getting back to World No. 1 in the summer. That was for me the goal, getting back there and winning a Grand Slam, particularly Wimbledon, plus the Olympic gold medal is a big thing for me as well.
"

uh.. When did he win the Olympic gold ?? Surely a typo or did he actually say it ?

Probably a typo or he meant the gold medal from 4 years back, lolz

Zarfot Z 10-07-2012 04:20 AM

YE #1 is looking incredibly unlikely at this point.

If he surpasses 300 weeks at #1, I'll be happy.

Sentinel 10-07-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bk_Mais (Post 6940242)
"I've already reached my goal by getting back to World No. 1 in the summer. That was for me the goal, getting back there and winning a Grand Slam, particularly Wimbledon, plus the Olympic gold medal is a big thing for me as well.
"

uh.. When did he win the Olympic gold ?? Surely a typo or did he actually say it ?

IT does NOT say OG GOld !!! :confused:

Carsomyr 10-07-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarfot Z (Post 6940417)
YE #1 is looking incredibly unlikely at this point.

If he surpasses 300 weeks at #1, I'll be happy.

It's not outside of the realm of possibility. I'd have to say Djokovic is the favorite at this point, but only because of his race lead and his age; this is Fed's time of the season to shine. He needs a good result in Shanghai to have any hope, though. He's got a draw he can work with.

Polvorin 10-07-2012 04:53 AM

"If everything would have been totally focused on World No. 1, I would have gone to Tokyo or Beijing, most likely, and all those things. I've already reached my goal..."

Reading comprehension? Doesn't sound like finishing #1 is a huge priority.

TheMusicLover 10-07-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polvorin (Post 6940454)
"If everything would have been totally focused on World No. 1, I would have gone to Tokyo or Beijing, most likely, and all those things. I've already reached my goal..."

Reading comprehension? Doesn't sound like finishing #1 is a huge priority.

Nope, and he most probably fully realizes that it will be a very tough job (if not near-to-impossible), with him defending tons of points and Djokovic barely anything in the coming months.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse