Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Babolat paint quality? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442323)

CANTGETENOUGHTENNIS! 10-07-2012 04:56 PM

Babolat paint quality?

Hey guys,
I recently recieved a partial sponsorship from babolat and acquired some new pure drive roddicks. After going out and hitting with them for the first time, i accidentally let one of the rackets bounce, and it hit the ground super super lightly,and it when i looked at the frame closer, the paint had flaked off! Have any of you guys had similar experiences with these frames?

Headshotterer 10-07-2012 05:08 PM

People think Babolat are top of the line because of the brand name, sponsors and cost. But they are actually cheaply made and bad

Bartelby 10-07-2012 05:12 PM

Yes, I wouldn't buy another Babolat because of the quality.

tistrapukcipeht 10-07-2012 05:14 PM

There is a lot of feedback about the low quality of the racquets, I personally wouldn't mind the low quality paint if the racquets (Aero pro and pure drive I tested) played like a real racquet.

stru31 10-07-2012 05:14 PM

Yup, Babolat has been known to be low quality

Roddickulous 10-07-2012 05:18 PM

I've owned over 30 babolat racquets and only had a problem with a frame once and it was taken care of by the company promptly.

Bartelby 10-07-2012 05:54 PM

Even when they're new you can see the quality is poor compared to other brands and then there's the issue of them wearing quickly.

LanEvo 10-07-2012 10:02 PM

Yea the frame's paint QC is pretty low, I remember one time I mishit off the frame on a fast topspin return, and it chipped the frame. The frame, structurally, is built just fine, but the paint is another story.

ollinger 10-08-2012 06:57 AM

Not a very compelling example. My own experience is that this could happen with any racquet dropped onto cement; consider yourself lucky when it doesn't. I can't think of too many consumer products that are painted and that won't have paint damage when dropped on cement.

bugeyed 10-08-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollinger (Post 6942137)
Not a very compelling example. My own experience is that this could happen with any racquet dropped onto cement; consider yourself lucky when it doesn't. I can't think of too many consumer products that are painted and that won't have paint damage when dropped on cement.

I agree, but it appears to be Babolat bashing time here. BTW I thought that Wilson had a bad reputation for chipping paint.

Cheers,
kev

SFrazeur 10-08-2012 07:35 AM

I have found Pure Drive paint Quality Control to be far better than Wilson. The best I have personally found is Yonex.

-SF

pepka 10-09-2012 03:03 AM

If Babolat paint is bad, how to describe the ones from Wilson and Donnay? Paint is comming off just from looking at it. (try to rub your finger on the Donnay decals on the Pro One 97) ;)

Hi I'm Ray 10-09-2012 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepka (Post 6943732)
If Babolat paint is bad, how to describe the ones from Wilson and Donnay? Paint is comming off just from looking at it. (try to rub your finger on the Donnay decals on the Pro One 97) ;)

Yeah the Donnay Pro 1 & Formula 100 look nice but have the worst paint quality I have come across. It just comes off way too easily. Lead tape users, say goodbye to your Donnay pj. There was even some orange lettering foil from the Formula 100 at the bottom of demo box it shipped in. lol. BB is the next worst that I've seen. Babs paint seems just fine IMO.

ductrung3993 10-09-2012 04:32 AM

Are they Wilson-bad?

MAXXply 10-09-2012 04:39 AM

Guess what? You know when you get that feeling of excitement when you receive your racket package from the delivery guy? You open it up and take the racket out, and you immediately take a few air-swings around the house?
Well I did that recently to my brand new APD and I accidentally swung it into my steel wristwatch...Yep, it chipped the paintwork on the racket. It was a tiny chip - about the size of the eye of a sewing needle - but still noticeable. :(
So yeah, I'll vouch for the relative fragility of Babolat paint...