Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dunlop Juice v Juice Biomimetic (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442365)

Mongolmike 10-08-2012 06:52 AM

Dunlop Juice v Juice Biomimetic

I use Dunlop Juice as my go-to string and TW does not sell it in a reel... another site does, but it is called Dunlop Juice Biomimetic. I know that is a reference to the racquets, but has anyone used the regular single package of Juice vs the Juice Biomimetic? They are probably the same, but if they aren't I'd hate to spend the $ on a reel, and then "not quite like it". Just by the pictures, the color looks a bit different between the pkg and the reel too.

DavidNERODease 10-09-2012 06:34 AM

The single packs also say Biomimetic on them - same stuff I would think. Juice is also my favourite string - slightly preferred over Tour Bite which I didn't think was possible.

Mongolmike 10-09-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease (Post 6943937)
The single packs also say Biomimetic on them - same stuff I would think. Juice is also my favourite string - slightly preferred over Tour Bite which I didn't think was possible.

Thanks for the reply.... I did not know that. I think I have one package left, I will check that. If so, I laugh at myself.... so obvious that I didn't even check.

As for the Tour Bite, yeah, I like that too. My current 2nd favorite is the BHB7. But I keep going back to the Juice. Do you use a Dunlop racquet?

DavidNERODease 10-10-2012 06:11 AM

I'm still using my ProKennex Type C Redondo 98's but I've been very tempted to try out a Dunlop. Though, I'll probably end up adding to my ProKennex collection with a Q Tour and/or a Black Ace for next spring. I really like the idea of having slightly different variations of the same frame to play with.

Another note on the Juice 17... I slightly prefer it over Tour Bite 17 because it is a little kinder to the arm and seems to maintain it spin/power combo for a long time. I might try a Tour Bite/Juice hybrid to get a little of the Tour Bite crisp feeling back.

DavidNERODease 10-10-2012 06:29 AM

I also liked BHB7 17, Cyclone 17, BHBR 17... hehe lot of good polys out there now but TB and Juice are really good. Gonna try that new pricey Pacific white stuff next.

Mongolmike 10-10-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease (Post 6943937)

lol.... :oops: I checked for myself last night.... lol... what'da'ya know... it says Biomimetic right on it... but it was really small print!!!

Guess I'm the kind of guy standing in the mall asking someone for directions to a store in the mall... and the big mall store map with the red arrow "YOU ARE HERE" is right behind me. Thanks again DND.

Hey, Tennis Warehouse! Consider carrying Dunlop Juice 16g string in a reel. I'll buy it. Oh, and by the way, it MIGHT say "Biomimetic" on it... that's ok tho. Trust me on this.

Mongolmike 10-10-2012 08:16 AM

I like the Juice 16 over the 17... the spin is as good for me, control is noticeably better... my topspin forehand down the line from the ad is killer with the 16... I can topspin it heavy and drop right over the net, blast it past with good pace, or heavy topspin about 6-7 foot over the net and drop it in the back corner of the alley.

I'll have to look up the Pacific white stuff you mention. I've hit with Pacific before... the Poly Force Original, Extremee and the X(?)... liked them all. I'd say the Original is somewhere in the bottom half of my top ten... but I didn't like it as much when I switched to a Dunlop racquet.... I think strings can work so much different in different racquets...