Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Thinking about trying the Wilson ProStaff 6.0 85 Remake (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442387)

RackofSlamb 10-08-2012 09:48 AM

Thinking about trying the Wilson ProStaff 6.0 85 Remake

Hello all,
I have heard that this racquet is not for everyone, but it will help you improve your game. Do you think it is worth a try? I hear stringing is a big factor in this one, so what have some of you tried out there? I am a strong 3.5/weak 4.0 player. Very curious about this one....thanks for the responses and stay classy TT

SOSINOSIS 10-08-2012 02:05 PM

hi there

I would suggest using another racket. I'm a 5.0 player that's used this racket for almost 10 years before switching to one with today's technology. It would not be ideal for a 3.5 player.

RackofSlamb 10-08-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOSINOSIS (Post 6942852)
I would suggest using another racket. I'm a 5.0 player that's used this racket for almost 10 years before switching to one with today's technology. It would not be ideal for a 3.5 player.

Cool, I really appreciate the advice. Thanks!

Mick3391 10-08-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOSINOSIS (Post 6942852)

If you want to move from a 3.5 player to a 5.0, stay with the 85, it will force you to be a "Real" player who actually places shots.

Once you are a 5.0, then you are out of the box, and you can find what works best for you.

Fuji 10-08-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick3391 (Post 6943012)
If you want to move from a 3.5 player to a 5.0, stay with the 85, it will force you to be a "Real" player who actually places shots.

Once you are a 5.0, then you are out of the box, and you can find what works best for you.

I honestly cannot tell if this is a serious post or not LOL!

-Fuji

sundaypunch 10-08-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick3391 (Post 6943012)

Word of advice to the OP - I would ask for a video example of Mick hitting with an 85 before I went out and bought one.

Mick3391 10-08-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sundaypunch (Post 6943321)
Word of advice to the OP - I would ask for a video example of Mick hitting with an 85 before I went out and bought one.

Forget me, even though you are a bitter person, just look at Sampras at 85, or Fed at 90, these two dominated the 90's and 2000's with small head sizes and were considered "Shot Makers" combared to their contempories.

So please keep that ignorant crap to yourselfs, you look rediculous.

LanEvo 10-08-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick3391 (Post 6943405)
Forget me, even though you are a bitter person, just look at Sampras at 85, or Fed at 90, these two dominated the 90's and 2000's with small head sizes and were considered "Shot Makers" combared to their contempories.

So please keep that ignorant crap to yourselfs, you look rediculous.

This coming from a guy who self-proclaims a 5.0, when in reality is a 3.0.

To be honest OP, if you want, get one and keep it around to hit with, and it can be a collectors item as well. I mean if you hit with it and like it then play with it. But it is a damn hard racquet to play with if you are not fit well with it. The only way I can hit with one of these, or even one of the 90 sq. in. racquets is when I am fully warmed up, and everything is going well in my game.

After having gone to modern tech, I do not look to go back, especially on a Wilson midsize (sweetspot the size of my fist, lol). This is a very challenging racquet, it has one of the best feels off a clean hit out there, but you will be framing the ball just as much.

sureshs 10-08-2012 08:26 PM

I bought 4 of them.

Mick3391 10-08-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LanEvo (Post 6943440)
This coming from a guy who self-proclaims a 5.0, when in reality is a 3.0.

To be honest OP, if you want, get one and keep it around to hit with, and it can be a collectors item as well. I mean if you hit with it and like it then play with it. But it is a damn hard racquet to play with if you are not fit well with it. The only way I can hit with one of these, or even one of the 90 sq. in. racquets is when I am fully warmed up, and everything is going well in my game.

After having gone to modern tech, I do not look to go back, especially on a Wilson midsize (sweetspot the size of my fist, lol). This is a very challenging racquet, it has one of the best feels off a clean hit out there, but you will be framing the ball just as much.

WRONG! Self proclaimed 6.0! Get your facts straight.

Get your modern "tech", and bring it! Bring your 110 inch "Helper racquet", let's play and see who can really play versus depending on a racquet.

The smaller head is like that one dude on TW says "An extention of your arm/mind", a large head, yea you can spin shots over all day long, but a real player will see this and eat your lunch.

I'm in WA state, so even if you aren't here you are $200.00 away, and if you beat me I'll double your fare! Tired of these LOSERS talking about what they don't know, so PLAY ME, stop talking and PLAY ME, I'll use my wood racquet, anytime you want robot!

Seth 10-08-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick3391 (Post 6943487)

Get your modern "tech", and bring it! Bring your 110 inch "Helper racquet", let's play and see who can really play versus depending on a racquet.

The smaller head is like that one dude on TW says "An extention of your arm/mind", a large head, yea you can spin shots over all day long, but a real player will see this and eat your lunch.

I'm in WA state, so even if you aren't here you are $200.00 away, and if you beat me I'll double your fare! Tired of these LOSERS talking about what they don't know, so PLAY ME, stop talking and PLAY ME, I'll use my wood racquet, anytime you want robot!

"A post which will live in infamy."

Fuji 10-08-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick3391 (Post 6943487)

It's too bad I live in Canada, playing tennis to make money has always been on my bucket list! :razz:

-Fuji

lawrencejin 10-08-2012 09:15 PM

Hey, no need to get defensive or personal. Let's just answer OP's question. Everyone can have different views and it's ultimately OP's choice.

I second LanEvo. I say get one and hit with it. Even in the worst case scenario, you have a collector's item that you can bring out to fun games every now and then.

That's exactly what I do. I have a PS 6.0 BLX as a third "fun" racket in my bag, on top of my two main sticks. I use it occasionally for fun, non-competitive games or rallies with friends. It's a lot of fun!

I have it strung with cheap synthetics at 52lb, mainly because it's my fun stick that I don't hit with often. I don't want to put in nice poly's that will lose tension while it's sitting idle in my bag for weeks.

lawrencejin 10-08-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuji (Post 6943496)
It's too bad I live in Canada, playing tennis to make money has always been on my bucket list! :razz:

-Fuji

Haha I know, right? Maybe Mick is willing to double international fares as well :)

Hi I'm Ray 10-08-2012 09:25 PM

How would the 85 improve your game? Its a very demanding racket. You've already got a control frame with the 300 in your sig and 6 frames(!) at a 3.5-4. Don't look to equipment to improve your game.

Mick3391 10-08-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuji (Post 6943496)

-Fuji

How about this, $10,000.00 if you win, I pay airfare when you lose?

This way you can come play me without any risk, and shut up the morons?

Either accept this offer of SHUT UP!

Mick3391 10-08-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi I'm Ray (Post 6943521)
No need to get crazy on ppl or puff yourself up over the internet. If you're as good as you keep saying you are, just win a local tourney or even post a vid of some match play and we'll believe ya.

Hey fool got a USTA tourny coming up! What will you say when I win???? What bad lies will you submit?

Can't wait to see!!!!!

PS: I DID tape my son, but you can't see anything on my phone, besides he's playing terrible in tournaments

Hi I'm Ray 10-08-2012 09:42 PM

Ha, I though nevermind, I won't post that. But if you want to keep at it, fine by me. haha.

Chill out dude. Don't know what you're out to prove to yourself, but we don't really care who you are.

Good luck with that tourney!

sabala 10-08-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RackofSlamb (Post 6942426)
Hello all,
I have heard that this racquet is not for everyone, but it will help you improve your game. Do you think it is worth a try? I hear stringing is a big factor in this one, so what have some of you tried out there? I am a strong 3.5/weak 4.0 player. Very curious about this one....thanks for the responses and stay classy TT

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/demoprogram.html

Only one way to find out, eh?

Mick3391 10-08-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi I'm Ray (Post 6943541)
Ha, I though nevermind, I won't post that. But if you want to keep at it, fine by me. haha.

Chill out dude. Don't know what you're out to prove to yourself, but we don't really care who you are.

Good luck with that tourney!

For someone who doesn't "Care", you sure do chime in alot! So if you don't care, how about closing it?