Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   federer as a clay courter (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442419)

big ted 10-08-2012 01:26 PM

federer as a clay courter
 
where do you rank federer on the list as one of the greatest claycourters of all time? he only won 1 french open, but he lost to nadal in the semis or finals 4 other times. if nadal wasnt there, he could have 5 french opens. would you rate him above kuerten, brugera, courier who have more titles? i might rate him at least the lendl/wilander range who have 3 each. what do you think?

3fees 10-08-2012 01:42 PM

He's number 3 right now behind Nole and Nadal.

big ted 10-08-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3fees (Post 6942824)
He's number 3 right now behind Nole and Nadal.

how is nole ranked a better clay courter of all time than federer?

rdis10093 10-08-2012 01:55 PM

no way novak is better than fed.

The Bawss 10-08-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3fees (Post 6942824)
He's number 3 right now behind Nole and Nadal.

Hahahahah Nole! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That mug that has 0 FO's and only 1 final? The same guy who got spanked by Olderer in 2011?

Gonzo_style 10-08-2012 02:01 PM

1. Nadal
2. Borg
3. Lendl
4. Wilander
5. Kuerten
6. Villas
7. Federer

Open era only....

Gonzo_style 10-08-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 6942841)
Hahahahah Nole! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That mug that has 0 FO's and only 1 final? The same guy who got spanked by Olderer in 2011?

Read better next time. He said "right now"!

SStrikerR 10-08-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo_style (Post 6942848)
Read better next time. He said "right now"!

And the topic said "all time" so his post was stupid either way.

Mighty Matteo 10-08-2012 02:08 PM

imo, federer is a much better claycourter than lendl and wilander.

The Bawss 10-08-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo_style (Post 6942848)
Read better next time. He said "right now"!

I know, Ferrer > Djokovic on clay. Ferrer just has a mental problem against Nadal.

Gonzo_style 10-08-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 6942874)
I know, Ferrer > Djokovic on clay. Ferrer just has a mental problem against Nadal.

Explain this please....

dangalak 10-08-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 6942809)
Kuerten made Fed his bytch 6-4 6-4 6-4 in 2004 with only half a hip, I think we can safely say Kuerten is a better claycourter than Fed.

That's not a devastating scoreline.

I agree that Kuerten is >> Federer, but Federer is in the top 10 IMO.

NadalAgassi 10-08-2012 02:49 PM

Somewhere from 8-15 all time. Most likely just outside the top 10 all time at 11th or 12th. Open Era alone I would rank him 6th behind Nadal, Borg, Lendl, Kuerten, Wilander in that order. There is no argument whatsoever for him being higher than 6th in the Open Era, but one could argue him being lower than Muster or Courier, and thus arguably lower than 6th.

dangalak 10-08-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalAgassi (Post 6942918)
Somewhere from 8-15 all time. Most likely just outside the top 10 all time at 11th or 12th. Open Era alone I would rank him 6th behind Nadal, Borg, Lendl, Kuerten, Wilander in that order. There is no argument whatsoever for him being higher than 6th in the Open Era, but one could argue him being lower than Muster or Courier, and thus arguaably lower than 6th.

You underestimate Nadal and Kuerten bro. He would give Courier as tough fight, even if he is less accompished. Muster is a lefty so I won't pick Federer over him.

NadalAgassi 10-08-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big ted (Post 6942833)
bleacher report ranks

This part alone is enough for some major LOLz.

dangalak 10-08-2012 02:52 PM

Lol Bleacher report.

You their tennis writers are worse than their MMA writers.

And that's quite a statement.

NadalAgassi 10-08-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangalak (Post 6942921)
You underestimate Nadal and Kuerten bro.

No I dont. I ranked them 1st and 4th in the Open Era on clay, and Nadal 1st all time. Cant go any higher.

Quote:

He would give Courier as tough fight, even if he is less accompished.
Of course I think that, why do you think I ranked Federer ahead with 1 less French Open title, since I think Courier would walk over him, LOL! Likewise Federer would in no way walk over prime Courier on clay as easily as the ****s on this forum think though. It would be a tough battle, although I will say Courier at the 92 French was better than any tournament Federer played on clay IMO.

Quote:

Muster is a lefty so I won't pick Federer over him.
95-96 Muster would beat Federer on clay more often than not. Prime Federer would beat Muster of any other year quite easily though.

dangalak 10-08-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalAgassi (Post 6942924)
No I dont. I ranked them 1st and 4th in the Open Era on clay, and Nadal 1st all time. Cant go any higher.



Of course I think that, why do you think I ranked Federer ahead with 1 less French Open title, since I think Courier would walk over him, LOL! Likewise Federer would in no way walk over prime Courier on clay as easily as the ****s on this forum think though. It would be a tough battle, although I will say Courier at the 92 French was better than any tournament Federer played on clay IMO.



95-96 Muster would beat Federer on clay more often than not. Prime Federer would beat Muster of any other year quite easily though.

I am intoxicated a little and misread your post. :)

Prisoner of Birth 10-08-2012 03:04 PM

Top 15, definitely, top 10, probably. Never really gave it too much thought, though.

paulorenzo 10-08-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangalak (Post 6942923)
Lol Bleacher report.

You their tennis writers are worse than their MMA writers.

And that's quite a statement.

i'm actually writing a piece where i'm using bleacher report as an example of publications not doing tennis writing justice. lawl


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse