Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Making Ig radical pro way more hl (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442494)

Jcarlisle2 10-09-2012 07:46 AM

Making Ig radical pro way more hl

Hello tw members i have a ig radical pro which is way too head heavy for my liking, is there anyway to make it more headlight but not taking off the replacement grip?

Please help!!! i have a match on thrusday

Bartelby 10-09-2012 07:48 AM

Open the butt cap and put 3 grams of blutak inside the frame or, at least, thats what I did.

Jcarlisle2 10-09-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartelby (Post 6944039)
Open the butt cap and put 3 grams of blutak inside the frame or, at least, thats what I did.

Does adding blutack near the trapdoor make it more hl?

Blitzball 10-09-2012 08:01 AM

I've never used blutack (maybe he's joking) but applying weight to the tail, near the trapdoor, will absolutely make the racquet more head light. Think about it: headlight. If more weight is in the bottom, or handle, then the head of the racquet will be lighter.

Sreeram 10-09-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcarlisle2 (Post 6944038)
Hello tw members i have a ig radical pro which is way too head heavy for my liking, is there anyway to make it more headlight but not taking off the replacement grip?

Please help!!! i have a match on thrusday

I got an IG rad pro that is very much HL and plays like a radical instead. I did not get the same plow and stability that I got with my demo racquet. Head quality control is responsible for such strange difference.

Anyway, I have mine with leather grip and it made the racquet more stable and also head light enough to wip it fast. According to me Leather grip is better than adding Lead to handle, because you cannot evenly distribute the weight using Lead but with leather the weight is even.

Jcarlisle2 10-09-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sreeram (Post 6944052)
I got an IG rad pro that is very much HL and plays like a radical instead. I did not get the same plow and stability that I got with my demo racquet. Head quality control is responsible for such strange difference.

Anyway, I have mine with leather grip and it made the racquet more stable and also head light enough to wip it fast. According to me Leather grip is better than adding Lead to handle, because you cannot evenly distribute the weight using Lead but with leather the weight is even.

How much more Head light does it make the racket? 2 pts more? or 3 pts?

Bartelby 10-09-2012 08:22 AM

There are two chambers within the shaft and the blutak will stick to either side of the chamber and make it more headlight without going to leather. It works and its cheap.

JackB1 10-09-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartelby (Post 6944079)
There are two chambers within the shaft and the blutak will stick to either side of the chamber and make it more headlight without going to leather. It works and its cheap.

I agree. Never liked leather grips much myself. Too harsh and hard feeling.
Synthetic grips are much nice feeling IMO and cushion the bad vibes too.

Sreeram 10-10-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcarlisle2 (Post 6944062)
How much more Head light does it make the racket? 2 pts more? or 3 pts?

It depends on the kind of leather grip. A lighter version will make 2pts HL but a heavier grip will make it 3 pts. It is between 2 to 3 pts HL.

To me Leather grip muted the racquet to some extent and also took away the fexy hoop feel.

dgoran 10-10-2012 07:48 AM

Friend of mine's ig radical pro is 7 grams lighter than mine. Head qc sucks just like everyone's these days

Sreeram 10-10-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgoran (Post 6945828)
Friend of mine's ig radical pro is 7 grams lighter than mine. Head qc sucks just like everyone's these days

True mine came lighter as well and it plays just 60% close to the one I demoed. Not happy at all. I am not a big customization fan either.

Shred 10-10-2012 11:23 AM

I bought two Rad Pros that were 14 grams different! I had to weight up the lighter one to match the heavier one. Then something inside the hoop came loose on the lighter one and I sent it back to TW. They replaced it for free and I paid the $10 to get the heaviest one they could find. I still had to add some lead to match the heavy one. Good thing is I now like the Rad Pro at 12oz strung with a SW of 340. Great plow on ground strokes, solid volleys, and my tennis elbow went away after I started using it. Great racquet.

Fuji 10-10-2012 01:41 PM

I have a trio of Rad Pros and they are matched using blue tak in the handle and lead in the head. Blue Tak works great for making them more HL!

-Fuji

parasailing 10-11-2012 10:53 PM

You can use lighter strings and also cut the grommet at the top to reduce some weight. This will make it lighter without adding additional weight. Add lead or silicone in the handle will help make it more headlight but also add weight and will alter SW.

NLBwell 10-11-2012 10:57 PM

Extra weight in the handle makes almost no difference in swingweight. (a function of distance squared from the handle, so just a little weight at the tip can make a significant difference)