Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Classic Racquet Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Snauwaert Superior 1000 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442514)

Cesare 10-09-2012 11:27 AM

Snauwaert Superior 1000
 
i saw this beautiful frame today in a second hand store, it looks like a 95 sq. in. approximately. they've asked me 15 bucks. Does anybody have some info on this stick?

Cesare 10-09-2012 12:15 PM

the frame is matte black with some golden stripes inside the upper hoop.

Hannah19 10-09-2012 02:42 PM

That's a China or Taiwan frame from the final period of Snauwaert by the end of the last century.
The brandname was sold to the Dutch Rucanor company and they moved production to the far East. Unfortunately these rackets lost all of their previous flair that made Snauwaert stand out.
These were cheaply build frames without any particular flair or qualities.....sadly enough.

Cesare 10-09-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannah19 (Post 6944814)
That's a China or Taiwan frame from the final period of Snauwaert by the end of the last century.
The brandname was sold to the Dutch Rucanor company and they moved production to the far East. Unfortunately these rackets lost all of their previous flair that made Snauwaert stand out.
These were cheaply build frames without any particular flair or qualities.....sadly enough.

Thank you so much! another one in that store beside this Superior was the Dynamic 900

Sanglier 10-09-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesare (Post 6944877)
Thank you so much! another one in that store beside this Superior was the Dynamic 900

What? Dynamic made racquets as well? I've always been under the impression that they only made skis. The store I worked at in the '80s carried the brand, but I was (until today) completely unaware that they had a tennis division. Head, Kneissl, Rossignol, Yamaha and Volkl were the only companies I knew that were in both lines of business at the time. What does this '900' racquet look like? I am very curious.

Cesare 10-09-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanglier (Post 6945037)
What? Dynamic made racquets as well? I've always been under the impression that they only made skis. The store I worked at in the '80s carried the brand, but I was (until today) completely unaware that they had a tennis division. Head, Kneissl, Rossignol, Yamaha and Volkl were the only companies I knew that were in both lines of business at the time. What does this '900' racquet look like? I am very curious.

oh no, i've meant to say "Snauwaert Dynamic 900", that's another Snauwaert frame beside the Superior 1000 model in that market. I'm sorry for my inaccurate description :-?

Hannah19 10-10-2012 01:44 PM

They had several "flashy" names added to make them attractive.
I've got one that, IIRC, is called the Superior 3000.
Same **** different name.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse