Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New Version of Volkl Cyclone? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442544)

D-money 10-09-2012 05:25 PM

New Version of Volkl Cyclone?
 
Just picked up a demo set from the local shop here. It appears to be made by volkl and the rep apparently said it was an update to cyclone. It is a 17g and appears to be twisted as well as gear shaped. Very very soft to the touch. About to give it a hit. Has anyone heard of an update to Cyclone?

D-money 10-10-2012 09:18 AM

This is a very very soft poly it is red ( no not pink ) and very elastic. More elastic feeling and comfortable than BHB7 which I think is a great string. It is medium powered so far and provides good spin as well. I'm impressed so far. I normally don't care for twisted strings but this is pretty cool. I'll post a full review when I'm done but the initial impressions are good. Although after hitting with it I would recommend higher tension than you would normally string a poly by about 3 lbs.

D-money 10-10-2012 09:32 AM

Can't seem to post the image I want to but here's a decent shot showing how twisted it looks.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...010092230.jpg/

TroutSc 10-10-2012 09:49 AM

my wife has it crossed with a syn gut...both pink.

D-money 10-10-2012 10:09 AM

Yeah this say's "volkl cyclone tour" Doesn't look pink. Dull red.

D-money 10-10-2012 10:21 AM

Do they all say tour? I don't think I've ever looked.

Nostradamus 10-10-2012 10:38 AM

Great find Dmoney. TW gave the original one of the highest marks any poly has ever received. so lets hope this is even better. but with Textured surface, i am afraid you might lose some feel and control ? what did you think ?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Revi...CYCReview.html

FloridaAG 10-10-2012 10:54 AM

Do not like the regular Cyclone

Nostradamus 10-10-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaAG (Post 6946054)
Do not like the regular Cyclone

Agree, it is very low powered string but if they can put some more ump on it, it wil help a great deal.

D-money 10-10-2012 11:03 AM

It is much more powerful than most polys I've used. I've only had one hit with it and I'm going to hit today so I'll get a better idea because I had combo practice last night and I had never hit with any of those guys before so it is a little tougher to guage the feel. Can anyone confirm whether or not Cyclone says "tour" on it or not?

Nostradamus 10-10-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-money (Post 6946092)
It is much more powerful than most polys I've used. I've only had one hit with it and I'm going to hit today so I'll get a better idea because I had combo practice last night and I had never hit with any of those guys before so it is a little tougher to guage the feel. Can anyone confirm whether or not Cyclone says "tour" on it or not?

Powerful WOW. because only complaints that people had was it was little too low powered. Spin is insane and feel, i am not sure.

D-money 10-10-2012 11:36 AM

Well it feels more powerful than the BHB7 that I just had in this racket at the same tension which is 52 lbs.I would consider BHB7 medium powered. It is also softer. No one in my office has called it pink after looking at it so I'm almost certain that it isn't the pink version. I also don't think it feels like the Cyclone I remember using which was much less lively. Maybe it doesn't come through on the pic I posted but it is clearly twisted also.

Nostradamus 10-10-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-money (Post 6946191)
Well it feels more powerful than the BHB7 that I just had in this racket at the same tension which is 52 lbs.I would consider BHB7 medium powered. It is also softer. No one in my office has called it pink after looking at it so I'm almost certain that it isn't the pink version. I also don't think it feels like the Cyclone I remember using which was much less lively. Maybe it doesn't come through on the pic I posted but it is clearly twisted also.

No Dmoney, it definitly comes thru and it looks AWSOME. it is like twisted hurricane like made by Aliens from outer space. How do you think it compared to more popular strings like Babolat Pro hurr tour or BB alu power strings ?

D-money 10-10-2012 11:47 AM

I'll have to keep hitting with it. I have maybe 2.5 hours of doubles with it and I never feel like I'm hitting out in doubles.

Nostradamus 10-10-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-money (Post 6946222)
I'll have to keep hitting with it. I have maybe 2.5 hours of doubles with it and I never feel like I'm hitting out in doubles.

That is the question i had. How do you think it performs in doubles where serving and Volleying is critical. and topspin lobs are important too. how does it volley ?

FloridaAG 10-10-2012 12:04 PM

I find the balls sail with Cyclone and it was not as arm-frienly as several other polys. Great crispness and feel at the net though

D-money 10-10-2012 01:17 PM

I served excellent last night I usually like a little free power from racket and string combinations so I can focus on being relaxed and fluid on serve. I don't know if I was just having a good serving night or this string was the catalyst but I was on fire. I had the opposite feeling with my volleys as they were hard to control. They felt off in general though so again tonight will be a little better window into the true performance because I'm hitting with singles with someone I've hit with a million times.

D-money 10-10-2012 09:22 PM

Played some of the worst tennis of my life tonight. May need to go back to my normal setup just for sanitys sake. This string is too powerful at this tension.

Nostradamus 10-11-2012 10:04 PM

Do you think the textured surface hurts your capabiliity to volley ?

FloridaAG 10-12-2012 06:27 AM

I personally felt volleying was the best thing about this string


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse