Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Any love for the Bio 300? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442586)

robbo1970 10-10-2012 09:07 AM

Any love for the Bio 300?

After receiving much helpful insight into the differences and experiences with the Bio range of rackets, I have settled with the Bio 300 and having played a few games, instantly went out and bought a back-up.

What a lovely racket to use for an intermediate like me. Great control on all shots, light at the net with good touch and feel. Although he wasn't a playtester, I can quote the mighty Granville and say my shots feel both crisp and precise.

The power level is good, I dont feel I am going to over hit when I put some weight behind a shot and its manouvrability helps me hit nice and deep when playing the odd recovery shot from the baseline. Saying that, I do not feel I need to apply much power as the accuracy attained is sufficient to put my opponent under pressure and the 16x19 string pattern allows plenty of spin.

All in all, very pleased and very grateful to all those who have helped.

So...who else is loving their Bio 300?

atlfalcons12 10-10-2012 06:49 PM

I have a Bio 300 Tour and loving it. I have several other racquets as well but the Dunlop is my current favorite. The feel is just right not too harsh on my wrist. I am looking forward to the F 3.0 tour. What other racquets do you have besides the Dunlop?

robbo1970 10-11-2012 07:33 AM

I also have a Prince Exo3 93, which is a lovely racket but just a touch too heavy for me, whereas the Bio 300 is perfect.

I didnt go for the Tour version, I just stuck to the standard 300 and it suits me just fine. I've made no modifications at all....I havent needed to. Although I look forward to the gecko tac grip losing a little tackiness soon....its pretty clingy lol.

Plus, I think with almost all of the Bio range, they are nice looking rackets as well.

Shangri La 10-11-2012 02:10 PM

I demoed the Bio 300 and liked its control and feel a lot. Just wish it had more power and stability. I'm now playing with a Bio 200G max, basically a 300 with built-in lead and leather, and very happy with it.

robbo1970 10-12-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shangri La (Post 6948789)
I demoed the Bio 300 and liked its control and feel a lot. Just wish it had more power and stability. I'm now playing with a Bio 200G max, basically a 300 with built-in lead and leather, and very happy with it.

Nice one. The Bio Max200G looks great. Although it was only the extra weight that stopped me getting it. For me the Bio 300 is just right in every department. I suppose when it comes to the feel of power and stability, if you prefer a heavier racket then a lighter version is never going to feel quite right, so its great that in the 98sq head range there is a choice for the lighter/medium weight and slightly heavier weight preferences.

Great cosmetics too.