Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Used Demos (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442631)

T.P3D0R 10-10-2012 04:02 PM

Used Demos

TW,

So I just bought two of the Radical Pro used demos (order #6105536). There was a considerable amount of stickers, tape, and adhesive on both frames. Especially since they are old stickers, really only the top layer peels off. It's become quite a task to remove all of this excess debris.

Just a suggestion for the future... it might be in your best interest to clean the frames before shipping them out. Bumper scrapes, a few paint chips, and general wear is obviously to be expected since it is a used frame, but I didn't realize that I was ordering frames that had bar codes and stickers covered with industrial tape on them.

In general, the frames appear to be structurally sound, and I'm appreciative of the good deal I got on them. Mostly just a nuisance trying to get all of this excess debris off without ruining the paint-job.

Hope this helps future used racket sales.

Andyroo10567 10-10-2012 09:29 PM

A blow dryer will work fine to remove the residue and tape/stickers. TW keeps the racquets organized by using barcodes and such. Would you rather have a incorrect order and get a grade D Radical Pro instead of grade A ( just a example ) like you bought? :P

ricki 10-11-2012 03:53 AM

easiest way to get sticker residue down is to use some fabric and press it onto glue and rub it down in one direction = I guarantee 100% removal of sticker glue

T.P3D0R 10-11-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyroo10567 (Post 6947224)
A blow dryer will work fine to remove the residue and tape/stickers. TW keeps the racquets organized by using barcodes and such. Would you rather have a incorrect order and get a grade D Radical Pro instead of grade A ( just a example ) like you bought? :P

Right, I understand why they have barcodes there... I was just offering a suggestion for them to remove that stuff after someone places the order. Removing that stuff probably isn't fun for anyone, but ideally the supplier should be doing that and not the customer? As I said, just a suggestion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricki (Post 6947566)
easiest way to get sticker residue down is to use some fabric and press it onto glue and rub it down in one direction = I guarantee 100% removal of sticker glue

Thanks for the tip!

Andyroo10567 10-11-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.P3D0R (Post 6947775)
Right, I understand why they have barcodes there... I was just offering a suggestion for them to remove that stuff after someone places the order. Removing that stuff probably isn't fun for anyone, but ideally the supplier should be doing that and not the customer? As I said, just a suggestion.

Thanks for the tip!

If for some reason you wanted to return the racquet, you have the barcode left on the racquet that would give more credibility that it is indeed the same racquet bought and it isn't a fake version of the racquet or a more lower grade condition being returned. <-- just had to make up a situation. :)

T.P3D0R 10-12-2012 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyroo10567 (Post 6948953)
If for some reason you wanted to return the racquet, you have the barcode left on the racquet that would give more credibility that it is indeed the same racquet bought and it isn't a fake version of the racquet or a more lower grade condition being returned. <-- just had to make up a situation. :)

You tried your best.

TW Staff 10-14-2012 11:33 AM

T.P3D0R,

Sorry for the late response, and thank you for your feedback. We can always look into ways to improve your experience as a customer of ours, and will definitely look into improving this specific issue in the future.

If removing the sticker residue gives you trouble, please let us know and we will see what we can do to help.

Aaron
TW Customer Service