Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Rafa return in 2012 looking unlikely (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442665)

batz 10-11-2012 01:55 AM

Rafa return in 2012 looking unlikely
 
He says it is not impossible, but it will be difficult for him to return this year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...-unlikely.html

Prisoner of Birth 10-11-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batz (Post 6947423)
He says it is not impossible, but it will be difficult for him to return this year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...-unlikely.html

It's not his best part of the season, anyway, so he'd be doing the right thing resting up and getting back to a 100% so he can come back strong next year.

MG1 10-11-2012 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batz (Post 6947423)
He says it is not impossible, but it will be difficult for him to return this year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ten...-unlikely.html

This is your 2nd thread on the topic .. you seems very concerned with it :)

May be linked with murray #1 mission ..isn't it??

6-1 6-3 6-0 10-11-2012 02:21 AM

Doesn't matter, all it means it that Nadal will be the most rested and least fatigued when it comes to the 2013 Australian Open. And if Nadal is that rested, no reason he can't go in a similar 2010 run, this time winning all 4 slams.

RAFA2005RG 10-11-2012 02:24 AM

Talk Tennis is mostly Federer fans, and that is why Talk Tennis is obsessed with Rafa's return. Federer is controlled by Rafa, and so are Federer's fans....

Prisoner of Birth 10-11-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 6947455)
Talk Tennis is mostly Federer fans, and that is why Talk Tennis is obsessed with Rafa's return. Federer is controlled by Rafa, and so are Federer's fans....

Batz is a Murray fan, you unimaginable pest.

RAFA2005RG 10-11-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisoner of Birth (Post 6947457)
Batz is a Murray fan, you unimaginable pest.

I was talking about Talk Tennis. Not this thread....but you raise a good point. Looks like Murray fans obsess over Rafa too. Thanks.

Prisoner of Birth 10-11-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 6947465)
I was talking about Talk Tennis. Not this thread....but you raise a good point. Looks like Murray fans obsess over Rafa too. Thanks.

Unlike you, who bend over for Nadal and no one else, some forum members care about players other than their favorites and the sport itself. But I understand how that can be a difficult concept to grasp for you.

NDFM 10-11-2012 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 6947452)
Doesn't matter, all it means it that Nadal will be the most rested and least fatigued when it comes to the 2013 Australian Open. And if Nadal is that rested, no reason he can't go in a similar 2010 run, this time winning all 4 slams.

As much as I would like nadal to achieve something like that I doubt it will happen, especially in 2013, it took him a long time in 2010 to start winning tournaments and nadal himself said it will take him some time to adjust when he returns.

Rafa not returning in 2012 doesn't surprise me, it would be silly for him to play in the WTF or DC without that much practice and competitive match experience having been out of the game for a few months now. It was Uncle Toni who said that he might play WTF oh yeah he also said nadal would play the DC semi, he seems more optimistic than rafa tbh

batz 10-11-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 6947428)
This is your 2nd thread on the topic .. you seems very concerned with it :)

May be linked with murray #1 mission ..isn't it??

I've also stared numerous threads about Roger, Noel and others - your point is?

TennisLovaLova 10-11-2012 03:58 AM

guy doesnt play since wimbledon and still ranks #4
incredible

CMM 10-11-2012 04:07 AM

Abu Dhabi. .....

beast of mallorca 10-11-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prisoner of Birth (Post 6947424)
It's not his best part of the season, anyway, so he'd be doing the right thing resting up and getting back to a 100% so he can come back stronger next year.

Corrected that for yah :)

Crisstti 10-11-2012 04:53 AM

They could have used a better picture of him :|

This part is interesting: "It has been very, very tough for me because I feel that my knee didn't improve in the right way ... but the last couple of weeks the improvement in my knee is something that I can really feel."

He only says it once he's felt real improvement.

No1e 10-11-2012 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 6947452)
Doesn't matter, all it means it that Nadal will be the most rested and least fatigued when it comes to the 2013 Australian Open. And if Nadal is that rested, no reason he can't go in a similar 2010 run, this time winning all 4 slams.

By that logic, Soderling would be even more rested than Nadal, and would snatch Nadal's RG title.

NDFM 10-11-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1e (Post 6947579)
By that logic, Soderling would be even more rested than Nadal, and would snatch Nadal's RG title.

i guess he didn't really think this one through

Magnus 10-11-2012 06:35 AM

Good. The more time he's at home, the cleaner tennis becomes. I wish him a year of holiday in 2013 as well.

TennisCJC 10-11-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 6947452)
Doesn't matter, all it means it that Nadal will be the most rested and least fatigued when it comes to the 2013 Australian Open. And if Nadal is that rested, no reason he can't go in a similar 2010 run, this time winning all 4 slams.

I am a Federer fan - I'll admit it. But, let's interject some touch of reality into this discussion. Winning a major championship is the goal of all the ATP players and it is not easy. Even the top 4 - Federer, Djoko, Murray and Nadal - have real challenges when they are in top tournament form. The odds of anyone in the top 4 winning a major without at least 8 weeks of serious preparation and 2 to 3 preparation tournaments is very, very slim. If Rafa returns to near full health, begins to practice in earnest in December or January, maintains his health through the winter and spring, and plays 3 or 4 tourneys before Roland Garros; Rafa has a very good chance of winning RG. But, I think his chance of winning the Australian Open is extremely low. I think it would be low for any of the big 4 if they were in his situation.

cknobman 10-11-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 6947455)
Talk Tennis is mostly Federer fans, and that is why Talk Tennis is obsessed with Rafa's return. Federer is controlled by Rafa, and so are Federer's fans....

Yet, ironically, you are the won bringing Federer into this thread.

Grow up.

3fees 10-11-2012 08:40 AM

I wish Nadal a speedy return,the more top players are playing the ATP tour the more interesting these events are.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse