Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Murray's draw is a joke...again (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442677)

The Bawss 10-11-2012 06:55 AM

Murray's draw is a joke...again

I am going to get hate from Mainad/Fedex/batz but I don't care, it has to be said: Murray's draw has once again, evaporised.

Let's have a look at his draw to the SFs : Bye, W/O, Lolgopolov, OLD Stepanek.

Then when he wins the Murray brigade will be out pointing out how awesome he is and how many MS1000s he has and how "Lendl has transformed him" and "he is riding the wave of confidence winning his first GS gave him".

Now I expect the usual "Was it windy in Shanghai?" and "Ingerlund" remarks.

Sentinel 10-11-2012 07:06 AM

Meanwhile, poor Fed has a brutal draw with home favorite Lu, compat Lolrinka and a tired Cilic up next.

I fully expect the Murray trio to come in guns blazing. They are probably having a conference as we speak for how to handle this men_ace of a thread. (check my sig).

The Bawss 10-11-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentinel (Post 6947992)
Meanwhile, poor Fed has a brutal draw with home favorite Lu, compat Lolrinka and a tired Cilic up next.

I fully expect the Murray trio to come in guns blazing. They are probably having a conference as we speak for how to handle this men_ace of a thread. (check my sig).

Fed's draw is easy as well but not compared to Muzzah's. Stepanek and Haas have a tough draw.

Yeah, the Murray trinity is vicious, I agree with tsitrapukcipeht.

batz 10-11-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 6948002)
Fed's draw is easy as well but not compared to Muzzah's. Stepanek and Haas have a tough draw.

Yeah, the Murray trinity is vicious, I agree with tsitrapukcipeht.

You can call us Sid, Sidd and Sidney Vicious. Then you can dry your eyes.

tennis_pro 10-11-2012 07:12 AM

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=418236

We should make 1 big thread for Murray's draws. It looks like a trend these days when seemingly he gets the hardest draw and then everyone who can cause any problems to him loses.

batz 10-11-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_pro (Post 6948006)
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=418236

We should make 1 big thread for Murray's draws. It looks like a trend these days when seemingly he gets the hardest draw and then everyone who can cause any problems to him loses.

He sure is lucky that Murray guy. Not like Unlucky Roger, No Luck Noel, and Humble Luck Rafa - those guys always have to play the toughest opponent possible - like Stan, and Troicki, and Verdasco.

And don't get me started on the bloody wind.

tennis_pro 10-11-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batz (Post 6948017)
He sure is lucky that Murray guy. Not like Unlucky Roger, No Luck Noel, and Humble Luck Rafa - those guys always have to play the toughest opponent possible - like Stan, and Troicki, and Verdasco.

And don't get me started on the bloody wind.

Dude relax, every top player gets his share of easy draws. It's not any different with Murray. However, it's kinda weird that quite often his seemingly tougher draws turn to dust after a couple of days.

For your reference, Murray had one heck of a draw at Wimbledon even with Nadal out early and nearly pulled through in the end.

batz 10-11-2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_pro (Post 6948031)
Dude relax, every top player gets his share of easy draws. It's not any different with Murray. However, it's kinda weird that quite often his seemingly tougher draws turn to dust after a couple of days.

For your reference, Murray had one heck of a draw at Wimbledon even with Nadal out early and nearly pulled through in the end.

I am mate - should've stuck a smiley on - I thought it was clear I was having a bit of a laugh.

Mainad 10-11-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 6947965)
I am going to get hate from Mainad/Fedex/batz but I don't care, it has to be said: Murray's draw has once again, evaporised.

Hate? :) None of us hate you. We don't hate anybody. We leave the hating to you and the others on here who feel the constant need to post these endless, pointless threads about how lucky Murray is at every single tournament he ever plays.

Quote:

: Let have a look at his draw to the SFs : Bye, W/O, Lolgopolov, OLD Stepanek.

Let's have a look at the other draws. Federer: Bye, Lu (lol), Stan (his favourite pigeon), Cilic (part of Murray's easy USO draw according to you) .

Djokovic: Bye, Dimitrov (please!), Lopez (part of Murray's easy draw at USO according to you) and then gets to play dear old Tommy Haas for a place in the semis otherwise it would have been HIS dear, old favourite pigeon, Tipsy lol!

So yeah Murray didn't get to play Mayer. Lucky, jammy sod! :)

Quote:

Then when he wins the Murray brigade will be out pointing out how awesome he is and how many MS1000s he has and how "Lendl has transformed him" and "he is riding the wave of confidence winning his first GS gave him".

So, won't any of that be true then? :wink:

Quote:

Now I expect the usual "Was it windy in Shanghai?".

Well, we won't know whether it was too windy unless Murray manages to win the tournament, will we? If he wins it, I'm sure you'll be tripping over yourself to point it out. If he doesn't win it, then the wind was obviously no factor for the guy who does and you can safely go back to telling us what a useless, talentless, pusher he has always been!

Reckon I've got that about right?? :)

3fees 10-11-2012 07:26 AM

Looks like a Federer-Murray-Showdown for a place in the finals,,,ha

TheF1Bob 10-11-2012 07:27 AM

What you expect? He needs special circumstances to win anything these days, this being one of them.

Disgusting.

Clarky21 10-11-2012 07:28 AM

Not as big of a joke as ****'s endless Duncan Hines draws.

batz 10-11-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheF1Bob (Post 6948050)
What you expect? He needs special circumstances to win anything these days, this being one of them.

Disgusting

PMSL - good one Bob.:)

decrepitude 10-11-2012 07:42 AM

Ok, I confess. I'm a witch and I fix Andy's draws.

jokinla 10-11-2012 07:42 AM

Murray gets easy draws, but they all do, Rafa's 2010 US Open comes to mind.

The Bawss 10-11-2012 07:46 AM

If Del Potro had Murray's draws, he would be a multi slam champion no doubt.

Russeljones 10-11-2012 07:52 AM

Alternatively you could say Murray has earned himself a better draw by accumulating enough points.

Homeboy Hotel 10-11-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

You know that's BS.

Since 2008 I believe, Murray's won 2-3 Masters every year with or without Lendl - If he wins Shanghai, his ability to win there with or without a cake draw is irrelevant considering he's won here the last two years.

Lendl isn't even in Shanghai, neither is he 'riding the wave of confidence' considering he's lost a match since USO (where he also had match points).

Mainad 10-11-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 6948096)
If Del Potro had Murray's draws, he would be a multi slam champion no doubt.

I don't think Del Potro would fit into Murray's draws! :???:

batz 10-11-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 6948177)
Good, it is only for comedic value anyway. In real life I am almost impartial in my views on Murray.

To paraphrase B. Franklin: "Only 3 things in life are for certain, death, taxes and Murray getting a cake draw".

Keep 'em coming then mate, because it's certainly funny!