Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Will Federer Have More Weeks at #1 than Nadal and Djokovic combined (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442688)

McEnroeisanartist 10-11-2012 08:46 AM

Will Federer Have More Weeks at #1 than Nadal and Djokovic combined
 
Do you think Federer will have more weeks at #1 than his "rivals" Nadal and Djokovic combined?

If Nadal never reaches number one again, then Djokovic would have to be #1 for at least another 145 weeks. This seems like a tall order.

It is interesting to note that Federer's consecutive weeks at #1 was 82 weeks longer than the length of Nadal's and Djokovic's consecutive weeks at 1.

Gonzo_style 10-11-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McEnroeisanartist (Post 6948248)
Do you think Federer will have more weeks at #1 than his "rivals" Nadal and Djokovic combined?

If Nadal never reaches number one again, then Djokovic would have to be #1 for at least another 145 weeks. This seems like a tall order.

It is interesting to note that Federer's consecutive weeks at #1 was 82 weeks longer than the length of Nadal's and Djokovic's consecutive weeks at 1.

"Will Federer have a more kids than Nadal and Djokovic combined"? Your next thread i guess....

FederErizeD 10-11-2012 09:13 AM

Doesn't he already?

McEnroeisanartist 10-11-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FederErizeD (Post 6948305)
Doesn't he already?

Well yeah, of course. I meant when all of their careers are over.

TMF 10-11-2012 09:30 AM

They will combined to have more slam count and total titles, but few things that they will not match:

1. weeks #1.
2. WTF
3. Wimbledon
4. Total hard court titles

Eugene Choi 10-11-2012 09:30 AM

Yes! Federers is the best! I think its like 287 weeks and continuing!

No1e 10-11-2012 09:52 AM

I still hope Nole can break some of Fed's records, if not most.

TMF 10-11-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1e (Post 6948384)
I still hope Nole can break some of Fed's records, if not most.

What kind of records you have in mind?

McEnroeisanartist 10-11-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMF (Post 6948388)
What kind of records you have in mind?

The only one that I can see is most Australian Opens. I could see Novak winning 2 more.

Dedans Penthouse 10-11-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McEnroeisanartist (Post 6948248)
Do you think Federer will have more weeks at #1 than his "rivals" Nadal and Djokovic combined?

I've given this much thought. It depends.

No1e 10-11-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMF (Post 6948388)
What kind of records you have in mind?

Consecutive slam SFs?
Total hardcourt slams?
2 sets of all 4 majors?

Personally, I want him to have more than 17 slams. I know it's a stretch, but not entirely impossible.

MichaelChang 10-11-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1e (Post 6948411)
Consecutive slam SFs?
Total hardcourt slams?
2 sets of all 4 majors?

Personally, I want him to have more than 17 slams. I know it's a stretch, but not entirely impossible.

sorry to bust your dream. Novad is turning 26 soon.

TMF 10-11-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1e (Post 6948411)
Consecutive slam SFs?
Total hardcourt slams?
2 sets of all 4 majors?

Personally, I want him to have more than 17 slams. I know it's a stretch, but not entirely impossible.

Sorry, that's not going to happen. I expected an answer that is more realistic, not virtually impossible.

TMF 10-11-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McEnroeisanartist (Post 6948404)
The only one that I can see is most Australian Opens. I could see Novak winning 2 more.

That's possible.

Good answer !

NadalAgassi 10-11-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMF (Post 6948443)
Sorry, that's not going to happen. I expected an answer that is more realistic, not virtually impossible.

The most slam semis in a row might be difficult but it is not impossible. The mens game has NO depth outside the top 4 right now and for the forseeable future, no matter how much you hype Ferrer. Berdych and Tsonga are the only dangerous players, Berdych is his slave, and Tsonga has become his slave in the last several years. Another 3.5 years worth of slam semis of every slam? Definitely possible.

Anyway who are you to deem what is unrealistic. You are the one who claimed Serena had no chance to reach 20 majors which is looking increasingly laughable all the time.

The-Champ 10-11-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McEnroeisanartist (Post 6948404)
The only one that I can see is most Australian Opens. I could see Novak winning 2 more.

Doesn't Fed hold that record with AA?

No1e 10-11-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMF (Post 6948443)
Sorry, that's not going to happen. I expected an answer that is more realistic, not virtually impossible.

Well, you did ask what were in my mind, and I gave you the answer. I agree it does not seem very realistic, but I don't think it's 100% impossible.

Apparently, I am too much of a Nole fan.

tennis_pro 10-11-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalAgassi (Post 6948459)
The most slam semis in a row might be difficult but it is not impossible. The mens game has NO depth outside the top 4 right now and for the forseeable future, no matter how much you hype Ferrer. Berdych and Tsonga are the only dangerous players, Berdych is his slave, and Tsonga has become his slave in the last several years. Another 3.5 years worth of slam semis of every slam? Definitely possible.

Anyway who are you to deem what is unrealistic. You are the one who claimed Serena had no chance to reach 20 majors which is looking increasingly laughable all the time.

Not that I think she won't reach the 20 major count but she still needs to win those additional 5 GS championships to get there.

Gonzo_style 10-11-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Champ (Post 6948461)
Doesn't Fed hold that record with AA?

Agassi and Federer both have 4 AO

No1e 10-11-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalAgassi (Post 6948459)
The most slam semis in a row might be difficult but it is not impossible. The mens game has NO depth outside the top 4 right now and for the forseeable future, no matter how much you hype Ferrer. Berdych and Tsonga are the only dangerous players, Berdych is his slave, and Tsonga has become his slave in the last several years. Another 3.5 years worth of slam semis of every slam? Definitely possible.

Anyway who are you to deem what is unrealistic. You are the one who claimed Serena had no chance to reach 20 majors which is looking increasingly laughable all the time.

Agreed. We should just wait and see. No one can predict the future, so I don't need anyone to tell me what to think and what to hope for.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse