Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   On hardcourts who gives federer the worst "match-up problem", Djok, Rafa or Murray? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442863)

RAFA2005RG 10-13-2012 06:20 AM

On hardcourts who gives federer the worst "match-up problem", Djok, Rafa or Murray?
 
Out of those 3, who gives federer the worst "match-up problem" on hardcourts?

dangalak 10-13-2012 06:27 AM

Not Djokovic.

EDIT: Lol at the "" :lol: 17 > 11

tennis_pro 10-13-2012 06:35 AM

Nadal, still.

Murray can only beat Federer in a Masters.
Djokovic has to dig deep to beat Federer everywhere (last 2 Us Opens), got bageled the last time they played on a hard court.

Gonzo_style 10-13-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_pro (Post 6952532)
Nadal, still.

Murray can only beat Federer in a Masters.
Djokovic has to dig deep to beat Federer everywhere (last 2 Us Opens), got bageled the last time they played on a hard court.

Not true! Murray and Djokovic have a 9 wins on HC against Federer, Nadal have a 5! :|

tennis_pro 10-13-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo_style (Post 6952569)
Not true! Murray and Djokovic have a 9 wins on HC against Federer, Nadal have a 5! :|

How many times did they play on hard courts?

Federer-Nadal - 11 times
Federer-Murray - 16 times
Federer-Djokovic - gazillion times

Federer-Nadal are pretty much dead even on hard courts in h2h but Nadal leads 2-0 in majors (both at the AO)
Federer-Murray are also pretty much dead even (9-7 to Murray) but Federer has won the only meetings in majors (in straight sets both times)
Federer-Djokovic - Djokovic has the most wins against Federer in HC majors but Federer has still a healthy lead in the h2h (12-9). Also Djokovic is the only other member of the top 4 who Federer leads in the hardcourt outdoor h2h.

Gonzo_style 10-13-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_pro (Post 6952615)
How many times did they played on hard courts?

Federer-Nadal - 11 times
Federer-Murray - 16 times
Federer-Djokovic - gazillion times

Federer-Nadal are pretty much dead even on hard courts in h2h but Nadal leads 2-0 in majors (both at the AO)
Federer-Murray are also pretty much dead even (9-7 to Murray) but Federer has won the only meetings in majors (in straight sets both times)
Federer-Djokovic - Djokovic has the most wins against Federer in HC majors but Federer has still a healthy lead in the h2h (12-9). Also Djokovic is the only other member of the top 4 who Federer leads in the hardcourt outdoor h2h.

I disagree, but it's okay!

90's Clay 10-13-2012 07:27 AM

Nadal had always been the guy to truly trouble Fed. Djoker proved though he could really put the hurting on Fed in Australia and other slow courts.. While Faster hard courts, its more even.

I would like to see a few Nadal-Fed matches at the USO to see how that goes there.. But my suspicion has always been Nadal would take Fed out there more times then not

Murray.. Not even part of the equation.. He can't do anything to Fed at slams.

tennis_pro 10-13-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90's Clay (Post 6952664)
Nadal had always been the guy to truly trouble Fed. Djoker proved though he could really put the hurting on Fed in Australia and other slow courts.. While Faster hard courts, its more even.

I would like to see a few Nadal-Fed matches at the USO to see how that goes there.. But my suspicion has always been Nadal would take Fed out there more times then not

Murray.. Not even part of the equation.. He can't do anything to Fed at slams.

You mean 2013 and beyond when Federer is 32 years old?
Can't change history but I would love to see Nadal play Federer at one of the US Opens in 2004-2007,

TMF 10-13-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 6952460)
Out of those 3, who gives federer the worst "match-up problem" on hardcourts?

Nadal has a negative h2h against Federer.

kishnabe 10-13-2012 08:13 AM

I would say Murray.

Djokovic it is even.

Nadal.....Federer has the advantage though allows Nadal to play his game.

90's Clay 10-13-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_pro (Post 6952670)
You mean 2013 and beyond when Federer is 32 years old?
Can't change history but I would love to see Nadal play Federer at one of the US Opens in 2004-2007,

Prime for prime of course. Post 2007 Nadal and Pre-2009 or 2010 Federer. 2004-2007 is Fed's main peak years, yet Nadal still had yet to come into his own.. He was failing to even make hard court SF appearances on hard court slams at the time.

floridatennisdude 10-13-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 6952460)
Out of those 3, who gives federer the worst "match-up problem" on hardcourts?

In Feds prime...only Nadal

Currently...all of the above

Gonzo_style 10-13-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floridatennisdude (Post 6952799)
In Feds prime...only Nadal

Currently...all of the above

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Murray beats Federer at Cincinnati 2006 2:0

floridatennisdude 10-13-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo_style (Post 6952809)
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Murray beats Federer at Cincinnati 2006 2:0

There is always an outlier. Look at the body of work from 04-08 and then post 09 and beyond.

President 10-13-2012 09:22 AM

Out of the top 3, definitely Nadal or Murray. But I think Berdych is the worst hard court matchup on tour for Federer, maybe even including Nadal. Even though Nadal and Murray are superior players to him, Berdych just poses so many problems to Fed and the match is definitely on his racquet when they play.

TMF 10-13-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90's Clay (Post 6952794)
Prime for prime of course. Post 2007 Nadal and Pre-2009 or 2010 Federer. 2004-2007 is Fed's main peak years, yet Nadal still had yet to come into his own.. He was failing to even make hard court SF appearances on hard court slams at the time.

Nadal won a slam and 11 titles in 2005. He's an early bloomer just like Borg. He was an undisputed #2 in the world !

But even if you say Nadal was a baby back then, Federer today at 31 is #1 and have beaten prime players Nadal, Nole and Murray.

dangalak 10-13-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo_style (Post 6952809)
:lol::lol: Murray beats Federer at Cincinnati 2006 2:0

Gasquet beat him in his prime as well. What's your point?

Quote:

Originally Posted by President (Post 6952820)
Out of the top 3, definitely Nadal or Murray. But I think Berdych is the worst hard court matchup on tour for Federer, maybe even including Nadal. Even though Nadal and Murray are superior players to him, Berdych just poses so many problems to Fed and the match is definitely on his racquet when they play.

:lol:

Gonzo_style 10-13-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangalak (Post 6952909)
Gasquet beat him in his prime as well. What's your point

OP ask about hard courts....

dangalak 10-13-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo_style (Post 6952941)
OP ask about hard courts....

sigh

Canas beat him twice back to back.

If you believe that Murray would've beaten Federer in the US Open had they been matched, then :lol:

NadalAgassi 10-13-2012 10:27 AM

Nadal obviously. While vastly underrated on hard courts on Tennis Nadal hateorade Warehouse he is arguably the weakest hard courter of the three, certainly weaker than Djokovic. Yet despite that has by far the best record vs Federer on outdoor hard courts. Had he not choked a big lead in the 05 Miami final he would have won his 3 hard court matches with peak Federer as a 17-19 year old, something Djokovic a superior hard court player would never come anywhere near doing.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse