Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (
-   Racquets (
-   -   Question regarding head racquets (

<3tennis!!! 10-15-2012 06:27 PM

Question regarding head racquets
Hey guys, recently replaced two head extreme pros with the youtek IG version. I don't really like playing with anything else apart from 4 3/8 grip with two wilson overgrips (no undergrip). When i went to remove the original grip there was a staple there that was attached to the original grip (that is unnoticeable with the original grip but somewhat protrudes out with two overgrips). I ASSUME this staple is just held in place with some glue or something but was pondering taking it out if it was safe to do so. So my question is; is it safe to take these staples out without causing any structural damage to the grip/frame itself?

Cheers for any help!

eleventeenth street 10-15-2012 06:48 PM

you can remove it safely. assuming you're not talking about the staples that are holding the butt cap in place. just the one at the start of the grip right? that one is fine.

<3tennis!!! 10-15-2012 07:13 PM

Yeah couple cms up from the base of the butt cap i guess. It was just holding the original grip in place i think, assuming this is the one you are talking about?

eleventeenth street 10-15-2012 07:26 PM

yeah you're good removing it

<3tennis!!! 10-15-2012 07:47 PM

Thanks man, how would you suggest getting rid of it?

Sumo 10-15-2012 08:10 PM

Put a flat heat under it and use leverage, or just hammer it all the way flush.

<3tennis!!! 10-15-2012 08:49 PM

you mean hammer it down the way it is right now so it doesn't protrude out as much?

<3tennis!!! 10-15-2012 09:54 PM

just got it with pliers re TW regripping section, cheers guys

floydcouncil 10-16-2012 06:52 AM

uggggghhhh.. hello.... knock knock..

if you remove the staples, then what is holding the buttcap onto the frame?

KFwinds 10-16-2012 04:36 PM


Originally Posted by floydcouncil (Post 6958638)
uggggghhhh.. hello.... knock knock..

if you remove the staples, then what is holding the buttcap onto the frame?

They aren't talking about the staples that hold the buttcap onto the frame. They are talking about the one staple normally present holding down the start of the original grip.

When I replace my grips I usually just take a small flathead screwdriver and pry them up.

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse