Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   RPM Blast: One or two piece string job... (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=443130)

MyrWXguy 10-16-2012 03:59 AM

RPM Blast: One or two piece string job...

Have any of you experimented between a 1 and 2 piece(non-hybrid) string job?

I play the RPM Blast at 56 in my Head Instinct MP and it has always been a 1 piece. I recently bought a stringer(gamma X-2 and best tennis purchase I've made) and noticed Head specs are for a 2 piece string job.

Not sure why it has always been strung with 1 piece with those specs, but can you tell a difference between a 1 and 2 piece?

Thanks in advance!

Irvin 10-16-2012 05:22 AM

Short answer no. But string it two piece until you are more familiar with what you're doing.

Wikky 10-16-2012 10:36 PM

two piece is much easier for this racquet. I'm surprised by all the questions about 1 piece to 2 piece questions lately....

MyrWXguy 10-18-2012 05:33 AM

Thanks! Decided to go with a hybrid which makes the question moot now.

zapvor 10-19-2012 12:40 PM

welcome to the board! you are new here,so you havent seen the threads. dont use rpm!

Rjtennis 10-20-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 6964354)
welcome to the board! you are new here,so you havent seen the threads. dont use rpm!

RPM is not a bad string. I know a lot of people who like it. It just is way too expensive for what it offers.

zapvor 10-21-2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rjtennis (Post 6966580)
RPM is not a bad string. I know a lot of people who like it. It just is way too expensive for what it offers.

exactly. so bottom line-use something else

MyrWXguy 10-23-2012 04:30 AM

Rpm

Thanks Zap!

I actually really like the RPM(as sick as that might sound to some). Buying a reel definitely helps with the cost along with stringing it myself.

RPM just works for me because I shred through most other Polys I have played. Lux 4G may be an option to try once I finish the RPM Reel I have.

Any other suggestions?

I actually just started playing a hybrid of the RPM Blast and N.vy and love it. Seems to last and the spin is impressive.

zapvor 10-23-2012 05:36 PM

oh ok. i guess its what you prefer. have you tried black magic?

fortun8son 10-24-2012 01:30 AM

Uh-oh. This has become a Strings Forum thread. :)

MyrWXguy 10-24-2012 03:49 AM

LOL Wasn't intended. I did wind up using a 2 piece and even went hybrid on another racket. Didn't notice a huge difference between the 1 piece and 2 but the hybrid feels great.

Irvin 10-24-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyrWXguy (Post 6971912)
LOL Wasn't intended. I did wind up using a 2 piece and even went hybrid on another racket. Didn't notice a huge difference between the 1 piece and 2 but the hybrid feels great.

How do you know the hybrid doesn't feel better because it is two piece rather than one? You are probably right you more than likely like the hybrid better because of the strings and not the method of stringing but it may be worth trying one and two piece with the same string. You may also want to switch your hybrid around (mains & crosses) to see the difference also.

MyrWXguy 10-25-2012 03:32 AM

Irvin, I have actually played a 1 piece RPM Blast when I had my pro stringing my racquet. When I started stringing I saw that Head recommends a 2 piece, so I tried both and haven't felt a major difference between the 2. (although it takes me longer to string a 2 piece than a 1...still getting used to knots and how the RPM doesn't slide as easily as others.)

The hybrid stringing feels great, almost like I didn't change to a hybrid, but the multifil in the crosses has given me a little more feel and spin. I am a Main string breaker so having the RPM in there for durability seems to have gone a long way.

Irvin 10-25-2012 06:51 AM

I would have thought if you strung the Instinct with 2 pieces it would have been faster. Something tells me you are stringing the racket bottom up for the cross when you do one piece. If I were doing one piece I would use an ATW pattern but I do not think that would be faster than two piece.

MyrWXguy 10-25-2012 08:55 AM

Just took me a bit longer because of the knots. I'm a "rookie" when it comes to stringing. Started with a 1 piece and got comfortable with it, but just started the 2 piece. I'm sure it will get quicker as I do more... i.e. today. Busted a string yesterday in a random spot. Main but in the throat grommet. Guessing I kinked the string accidentally.

fortun8son 10-26-2012 02:35 AM

We learn from our mistakes.
Knots and misweaves were my biggest problems at first.
You'll get faster and more accurate with time.

Racquetball racquets still bust my chops.
I can't remember all the bizarre patterns and still have to follow the 'recipe', even after six years.

"Start at 3HL and feed 8' 6" through the handle to of the left side of the bottom groove in the bearing at the handle and up the right side to 4HR pull and clamp (you may use a straw to help guide the string)"...arrgh!

I really should charge more for them.:)

Tennis racquets are easy.