Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Softer, cheaper versions of RPM Blast? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=443309)

lolminraise 10-17-2012 02:17 PM

Softer, cheaper versions of RPM Blast?
 
What are some polys or multis that have as much power and spin as RPM Blast, but feel less harsh? Durability and price range should be about the same or slightly cheaper in price.

I'm using the BLX Prostaff 6.1 90 if that helps.

smirker 10-17-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolminraise (Post 6961409)
What are some polys or multis that have as much power and spin as RPM Blast, but feel less harsh? Durability and price range should be about the same or slightly cheaper in price.

I'm using the BLX Prostaff 6.1 90 if that helps.

Take a look at the Big Hitter Black7 review. Softest, spin string with power would probably be Dunlop Black Widow. A budget option is pro's Pro Blackout which is a very decent string but doesn't last as long as others.

Phonco 10-17-2012 02:45 PM

Try the Kirschbaum Pro Line II type of strings. Those feel pretty soft, especially if you get the 18g one.

lolminraise 10-17-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smirker (Post 6961423)
Take a look at the Big Hitter Black7 review. Softest, spin string with power would probably be Dunlop Black Widow. A budget option is pro's Pro Blackout which is a very decent string but doesn't last as long as others.

Read the reviews on these. Sounds exactly like what I was looking for. A softer cheaper version of RPM Blast. And the black widows are on sale! Thanks!

MikeHitsHard93 10-17-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolminraise (Post 6961553)
Read the reviews on these. Sounds exactly like what I was looking for. A softer cheaper version of RPM Blast. And the black widows are on sale! Thanks!

Are you doing full job or hybrid? I'm interested in black widow

lolminraise 10-17-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHitsHard93 (Post 6961569)
Are you doing full job or hybrid? I'm interested in black widow

I'm going to do full, but since I'm buying 3 black widows for the price of 2, I might try hybrid later.

MikeHitsHard93 10-17-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolminraise (Post 6961613)
I'm going to do full, but since I'm buying 3 black widows for the price of 2, I might try hybrid later.

Ok please comment back on how you like the full job. I'm interested in how long I can keep it in.

MyrWXguy 10-18-2012 07:42 AM

lolminraise, have you tried doing a hybrid with the RPM blast and a multi? I've been playing the RPM Full and recently switched to a RPM(main)/N.Vy(crosses) and can feel a difference in my arm. I actually LOVE my string combo now. Ball comes off with more pop and spin than it did before. I was a constant string breaker(mains dead center every week or 2). Tried the black widows and popped those faster as a full bed bc they sawed through each other quickly.

By going Hybrid you'll save a few bucks too. With the RPM at $17 and the N.Vy at $7, you're looking at $12 per racket.

mlocke1322 10-18-2012 10:13 AM

MSV Focus Hex. Very comfortable with nice performance. String it 52 or lower and enjoy saving money.

tennisjon 10-18-2012 11:28 AM

Try MSV Focus Hex. Its similar stiffness to RPM. The Black Widow is certainly softer, but not much cheaper.

Kenzik 10-19-2012 08:21 PM

Try out Genesis Hexonic. To me it plays similar to RPM and it's a lot cheaper also.

db10s 10-20-2012 07:44 AM

For me its BW hands down... but I'm not paying full price either. SO, try it, see if its worth it, and if it is, buy some. IF it isn't, look at the other posts.

Cup8489 10-20-2012 08:12 AM

BHB7 is a really good string for everything you're looking for, IMO. Have it strung up in one of my extremes now, great string for the price.

MikeHitsHard93 10-20-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup8489 (Post 6965499)
BHB7 is a really good string for everything you're looking for, IMO. Have it strung up in one of my extremes now, great string for the price.

What tension? How long does it last?

Cup8489 10-20-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHitsHard93 (Post 6965535)
What tension? How long does it last?

53 lbs, but next stringjob I may drop into the 40's because it's getting colder out , and to experiment.

Lasts pretty well, I am not a stringbreaker so I cut it out when it gets dead... I'll have to pay closer attention to how long it takes.. but somewhere around the time that it takes BHBR to die

zapvor 10-20-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenzik (Post 6965045)
Try out Genesis Hexonic. To me it plays similar to RPM and it's a lot cheaper also.

for genesis, black magic is more closer to rpm. not hex

hisrob777 10-20-2012 05:22 PM

My elbow is tingling just reading this thread. I'm a black widow fan. I play a BLX 6.1 95 with a full bed. Its killing my arm. I want to try a hybrid with Technifibre NRG2.

ART ART 10-21-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hisrob777 (Post 6966293)
My elbow is tingling just reading this thread. I'm a black widow fan. I play a BLX 6.1 95 with a full bed. Its killing my arm. I want to try a hybrid with Technifibre NRG2.

With the same racket, I use ProLine2 @ 19~17 Kilos, no problems.

What tension do you use ?

db10s 10-21-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hisrob777 (Post 6966293)
My elbow is tingling just reading this thread. I'm a black widow fan. I play a BLX 6.1 95 with a full bed. Its killing my arm. I want to try a hybrid with Technifibre NRG2.

Thats a nice combo..... The less expensive option is BW and Hexy Fibre... I wasn't crazy about BW with Silk; but I know some people would have loved that.

hisrob777 10-21-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by db10s (Post 6967194)
Thats a nice combo..... The less expensive option is BW and Hexy Fibre... I wasn't crazy about BW with Silk; but I know some people would have loved that.

I saw that I had some 16g Dunlop synthetic gut. I strung black widow mains and syngut crosses. It felt softer on my elbow and had pretty good feel.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse