Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   2012 Kirschbaum Playtest - Super Smash Orange 17 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=443379)

TW Staff 10-18-2012 09:40 AM

2012 Kirschbaum Playtest - Super Smash Orange 17

Attention Talk Tennis Members:

We will be sending out sets of Kirschbaum Super Smash Orange 17 for a playtest.

We have finished taking requests for this playtest. We will not be sending confirmation emails.

Please post your review on or before November 23rd.

If you do not post a review, or if your review is clearly lacking effort, you will be excluded from future playtests.

** No Hybrids **

Note from manufacturer: as with all other Kirschbaum polys, this one has been pre-stretched by the manufacturer.

Include the following in your review:

Tension used for playtest
Regular string set up
Racquet brand and model used for test
Power of test string
Feel
Spin
Comfort
Durability
Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time)
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)
Compare to the string you use most often
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?)
Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.

Happy hitting!

TW Staff

pvaudio 10-18-2012 10:57 AM

TW, can I ask a question? Do these playtests actually influence whether you'll carry the string, or is it just more for exposure? Thanks! :)

TW Staff 10-18-2012 11:31 AM

We use both in house testing and testing by Talk Tennis members to determine if a string will be carried at TW. In instances when we only have a couple of sets to test, we will give them to in house testers who are familiar with that genre of string.

In instances when a prototype string is offered up for playtest, the reviews provided by Talk Tennis members are used to help determine if the string is ready for market or if further development is needed.

Chris, TW

djNEiGht 10-18-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 6962574)
Attention Talk Tennis Members:

Please factor this into your tension strategy: as with all other Kirschbaum strings, this one has been pre-stretched by the manufacturer.

I don't think I've every played with a pre-stretched poly. The only Kirschbaum string I've use was the yellow Spikey Shark and I don't recall that being said to have been pre-stretched.

Do you pre-stretched poly users string up differently from poly's not pre-stretched?

Thanks.

mad dog1 10-18-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djNEiGht (Post 6962919)
I don't think I've every played with a pre-stretched poly. The only Kirschbaum string I've use was the yellow Spikey Shark and I don't recall that being said to have been pre-stretched.

Do you pre-stretched poly users string up differently from poly's not pre-stretched?

Thanks.

i would string up prestretched poly a few #s lower since prestretched poly should have a lot less initial tension loss. by a few i mean 2-4#.

pvaudio 10-18-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djNEiGht (Post 6962919)

Thanks.

All Kirschbaum poly strings are prestretched by their words only. I string them exactly the same as all others and haven't found any difference in tension stability.

tyu1314 10-28-2012 10:08 AM

Anyone got the string yet?

dangitaaa 10-28-2012 09:07 PM

No, I've not

jim e 10-29-2012 08:00 AM

String set came in today, but with 45 cents postage due.
Postman fortunately enclosed an envelope to put it in so saves me a trip to post office, as thats more an issue than the change due.Not complaining, just stating that a miscalculation occured.I did not know that the postal service would still deliver without proper postage, as I thought that it would be returned to sender.

db10s 10-29-2012 11:31 AM

That's weird....

db10s 10-29-2012 11:44 AM

I just checked my mail; nothing yet.

Hao2Pro 10-29-2012 02:30 PM

Got em today. Will be reviewing soon.

db10s 10-29-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hao2Pro (Post 6982418)
Got em today. Will be reviewing soon.

Where do you live?

Andyroo10567 10-29-2012 08:02 PM

Received mine as well. Review shall be coming up sometime next week. Getting rainy down in Centralia.

djNEiGht 10-29-2012 09:15 PM

in hand it feels a bit more stiff than cyclone and beast xp.

Chace 10-30-2012 06:20 AM

I will pick mine up in a couple of days. I got a notice from the mail man to go to the post office to pick it up and to pay for the shipping and handling.

LanEvo 10-30-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chace (Post 6983587)
I will pick mine up in a couple of days. I got a notice from the mail man to go to the post office to pick it up and to pay for the shipping and handling.

That's rare. I know TW usually pays for the full shipping and handling for Playtest string, that's how they did it in the past for me.

rdis10093 10-30-2012 08:32 AM

did you get anything yet pvaudio? I would assume that when you get yours I would get mine. I also hope I dont have to go all the way to lafayette to pick it up and pay for shipping.

pvaudio 10-30-2012 09:28 AM

^^^I didn't sign up for this one since I'm demoing racquets. And Human Revolution is one of the greatest video games of all time. Seriously, it's up there with Half-Life IMO. Played through it like 4x haha.

db10s 10-30-2012 11:32 AM

I got mine today, about to break what I currently am using.