Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Six.One 95 vs. Prestige Pro (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=443390)

MikeHitsHard93 10-18-2012 12:19 PM

Six.One 95 vs. Prestige Pro

Has anyone had experience with both of these sticks? Which versions did you use? Which did you like better?

Babolatbarry 10-18-2012 12:30 PM

95 was better in all areas except control in my opinion.

Dgdavid 10-18-2012 12:32 PM

I've had two stints with IG Prestige Pro and one shortish one with the Wilson 6.1 BLX 95 (16x18 ) version. In a normal knock up/hit, I was sure I preferred the Wilson. Felt very nice but in an actual match, the Prestige Pro was much more effective for me especially in "staying on the gas" as Chris Edwards says a lot. Basicially more controlled for me and both have more than enough stability and mass.

Got that effect with my Blades as it happens (don't actually like it that much to just hit with but so effective in a match situation).

Both very good sticks though. I prefer the Prestige.

MikeHitsHard93 10-18-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babolatbarry (Post 6962844)
95 was better in all areas except control in my opinion.

Do you mean depth of shot? Which versions are you comparing?

Babolatbarry 10-18-2012 01:25 PM

the 16x18, and I mean depth of shot yes, and the ability to swing away without fear of going long. Control and string bed hot/dead spots are the only things the Prestige Pro was better in, as I felt confident with every ball using the head, the Wilson just felt a bit better when I was on.

sm01 10-19-2012 10:26 AM

I played for many years with the old pro staff 6.1 classic white butt cap, and switched several years ago to the microgel pp after a lengthy demo process. I have owned various successors to the original 6.1 including K- and Hyper- 98s, but none were deemed sufficient feel wise to replace my originals. The new 6.1 95 is supposedly flexible, but I just did not like it--I can't put my finger on what it is I don't like--certain hits were a bit harsh for a relatively flexy racquet--it may be that the swingweight is too low. I have also play tested the new ps 6.1 100 and didn't like it--soft stringbed but boardy--feels like the old white head speed--.

One thing to consider if you are leaning towards the pp is that the new PP IG is heavier than the older microgel version from the factory and the weight while still about 6 points hl is more evenly distributed. Basically what this means is that if you are wanting more of a polarized set up for spinnier shots, to get that effect you are likely going to have to go significantly over the 12.2 oz factory strung weight, which gets heavy, or trim off some of the guard and/or change to a lighter grip.

With the microgel version of the pp which has a similar feel to the IG with its lighter from the factory weight, you have some flexibility as to where to customize weight and balance.

MikeHitsHard93 10-19-2012 07:35 PM

I have made up my mind and am getting a 6.1. Not sure which one I'm getting though... I can either buy a brand new K factor, used 1st gen bLx, or either used or new amplifeel blx. thoughts on each?

Ross K 10-19-2012 11:24 PM

Hmmm, okay, what they have in common (for me) is solidness and some 'body', a certain sweet way of swinging, and they are both slightly demanding. I agree with others that the control is a bit better and more uniform on the PP. The grip shapes though are very different. I also felt the 6.1 (open pattern) was maybe a bit more spinny and that you could access the big power perhaps slightly more easily. Finally, I found the PP generally a bit more consistent and reliable performance-wise, whereas the I found the 6.1's a tad more erratic, but also maybe a bit more off the cuff, and as I said, capable of producing oomph a little more effortlessly.

I've played with most of the 6.1's - PSC and N95 were my best. Also thought the BLX was very good as well. Played YTPP, MGPP (briefly), and a pro-stock PP. Marginally preferred the latter. To be totally honest though, these frames are just a little out of league.

MikeHitsHard93 10-20-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross K (Post 6965131)
Hmmm, okay, what they have in common (for me) is solidness and some 'body', a certain sweet way of swinging, and they are both slightly demanding. I agree with others that the control is a bit better and more uniform on the PP. The grip shapes though are very different. I also felt the 6.1 (open pattern) was maybe a bit more spinny and that you could access the big power perhaps slightly more easily. Finally, I found the PP generally a bit more consistent and reliable performance-wise, whereas the I found the 6.1's a tad more erratic, but also maybe a bit more off the cuff, and as I said, capable of producing oomph a little more effortlessly.

I've played with most of the 6.1's - PSC and N95 were my best. Also thought the BLX was very good as well. Played YTPP, MGPP (briefly), and a pro-stock PP. Marginally preferred the latter. To be totally honest though, these frames are just a little out of league.

Hmm ok. I will probably end up getting a blx since I have found a really good used one in my grip size. What ntrp are you Ross?